“Seaview continues to deliver!” 5 of 5 stars

You added Stockton Seaview Hotel & Golf Club to your Saves list
Stockton Seaview Hotel & Golf Club
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   401 South New York Road, Galloway, NJ 08205   |
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Galloway
“Seaview continues to deliver!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Seaview continues to be a great alternative to staying in Atlantic City! Especially with young children...great country club atmosphere! The takeover by Stockton State College vs. Marriott was seamless since my last visit! Kudos to the hospitality students who provide top notch service. Congratulations in providing top notch service and keeping a historic resort well run, warm and inviting! This place is a secret I am hesitant to endorse only because I selfishly want to keep to myself! Seaview is highly recommended for a weekend or week long visit in my opinion. PS...I do not even golf. If you are a golfer you will be in true heaven!

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

The Seaview (more accurately Bay-view) is a comfortable old fashioned golf resort. The lobbies are comfortable, rooms nice and the pools pleasant.

The indoor pool has a last century private club air about it and if you can stand the chlorine smell, is very pleasant for a late night or rainy day swim.

it's quite kid friendly. The game room is specifically designed for kids and the putting green is fun but overall kids are handled nicely. Apparently mostly nice kids go there because I have never seen an obnoxious group.
Unfortunately the lobby bartenders are ditsy and inattentive (over 3 visits they were similarly bad) but most other staff is very accommodating and friendly.

I don't golf but the courses seem very nice.
The breakfast buffet is outstanding, the grill food is just okay, but not bad.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool are mostly more pleasant, the others are hit and miss with the view.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Langhorne, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

I come to the Seaview every year for the NECA golf outing. It has been consistently good over the past 25 years.
The property is very nice and the proximity to AC is a bonus. The sleeping rooms are nicely decorated and have a good working space / desk.
Internet is included.
The two golf courses are very nice.
The staff is always pleasant.
I will continue to come here.

• Stayed May 2013
Schwenksville, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Had a block of rooms for a family wedding. Stayed 2 nights. The hotel has older charm and my understanding is they are working on upgrades. It was very clean. Some times older is charming, some times it is just old. This place had a little of both. The staff was attentive. My only complaint was that I booked a larger room for the bride and her attendants to get ready in the day of the wedding. There were some plumbing issues with the room flooding and they had to be moved. They had no comparable rooms and no upgrades I was told, so they were sent to a smaller room. Very inconvenient for them to get ready. Upon check out, we were given a small credit (I thought it should have been more) and told the next come we come to remind them and they will see what they could do. That was disappointing. For that reason I gave a lower rating.

Margate, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Stayed here this past weekend while work was done at our house (South Jersey locals). I've passed the Seaview many times but never went inside until recently. From the first moment - until the last - we were very impressed with the staff, facilities and warmth of the place. Our two boys loved the indoor pool - heated water, complimentary towels & clean water. Also, breakfast (free for hotel kids) - was delicious!! The staff was very friendly & accommidating. We would definitely stay again & would recommend to visiting family in the future.

Commack, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I booked this hotel for my dad's birthday this past weekend. (Cinco De Mayo) I was about to book Borgata or one of the other casinos, but since my dad is turning 80, I thought the casinos might be too jammed with drunken 20 somethings. Although this property needs more upgrades for the future, they are trying their best to make sure the guests are happy. The staff is TOP NOTCH there with customer service! I booked a standard king room (which I think was really a queen bed) for them. The room wasn't so roomy, but cozy for one night to watch TV and relax. I tried upgrading them to the bigger king room, but the room was really musty smelling and in DESPERATE need of upgrading. We also went to the bar area, which was a bunch of older golfers having a drink. The female bartender there is a joy!! She even gave my dad a big hug for his birthday and was just so pleasant. BY FAR, the BEST mixologist EVER!! So if you are looking for a relaxing week or weekend to play some golf and relax (Elizabeth Arden Spa is right next door in the Marriott Villas), this is the place. The casinos are just a stones throw away if you REALLY need to get your GAMBLE on. Although this property is no loger owned by Marriott, their customer service is top notch!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Guest_Services_7688, Guest Relations Manager at Stockton Seaview Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
We are pleased to hear about your experience. Thank you for noticing our efforts in striving for greater quality customer service. As you probably noticed our lobby as well as some of our function space and public areas were renovated recently. We will continue to focus on adding value to your experience through enhancement of our service standards and look forward to celebrating another birthday with your family soon.
NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

My wife and I recently lodged 3 nights for a convention. Everything about the resort is excellent if you like old world ambiance and hospitality - I do! ... Staff ( all, not just one) is especially well mannered and helpful without being overbearing. All the food we consumed was excellent. Bars are relax-full and inviting. Room was very comfortable. But!!!! - The soft shower water is annoying to me. If you do not know soft water feels greasy. Consequently for those of us who do not appreciate that quality taking a shower is like washing with oil!!!! Yuck!!!. You may like it - who knows?
Hotel would be flawless if it would "harden" the H20.

Room Tip: This is a large low rise property. Some rooms are a long walk from core.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
We appreciate your feedback. Thank you for your kind words in regards to our staff, food and beverage and guestrooms. I have forwarded your notes regarding the soft water to our Director of Engineering for follow up. We hope to welcome you back for a leisure trip in the near future.

Been to Stockton Seaview Hotel & Golf Club? Share your experiences!