“Excellent except for the soft water” 4 of 5 stars

Stockton Seaview Hotel & Golf Club
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   401 South New York Road, Galloway, NJ 08205   |
Ranked #1 of 18 hotels in Galloway
NJ
“Excellent except for the soft water”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

My wife and I recently lodged 3 nights for a convention. Everything about the resort is excellent if you like old world ambiance and hospitality - I do! ... Staff ( all, not just one) is especially well mannered and helpful without being overbearing. All the food we consumed was excellent. Bars are relax-full and inviting. Room was very comfortable. But!!!! - The soft shower water is annoying to me. If you do not know soft water feels greasy. Consequently for those of us who do not appreciate that quality taking a shower is like washing with oil!!!! Yuck!!!. You may like it - who knows?
Hotel would be flawless if it would "harden" the H20.

Room Tip: This is a large low rise property. Some rooms are a long walk from core.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Guest_Services_7688, Guest Relations Manager at Stockton Seaview Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
We appreciate your feedback. Thank you for your kind words in regards to our staff, food and beverage and guestrooms. I have forwarded your notes regarding the soft water to our Director of Engineering for follow up. We hope to welcome you back for a leisure trip in the near future.

839 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

The Seaview Hotel brings back memories of the era of the Gatsby's and the upper class vacation spots. A large spacious Hotel with very friendly staff make this an ideal get-away spot for a weekend or a week. It has a well cared for Golf course, and outdoor as well as an indoor pool, Tennis and most of all for me very pleasant walking trails. It doesn't hurt to have the hotel about 5 miles from Atlantic City so that one can enjoy the glitz and casinos. After AC (whether win or lose) we came back to our escape from real life by unwinding at their beautiful dining room. Rooms were nicely done and clean, lobby was very attractive.

Room Tip: Go for the suites. Larger than many apartments.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Mount Laurel, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

WoW!!! I just attended a convention at the Seaview Resort in Galloway NJ and I was extremely pleased with the hotel and the hotel staff. First of all, this is a Grande Dame in the gracious and luxurious sense of a hotel. The hotel is beautiful both outside and inside. The atmosphere is quit and relaxing. The service is quite excellent; the staff is very friendly and pays close attention to the needs of the clients. Everyone that I met always smiled and said a friendly greeting. The food was extremely well prepared and delicious. I am always attracted to European style hotels and the Seaview is now added to my list of European hotels along with the Brae Loch Inn in Cazenovia New York and the Kensington Park Hotel in San Francisco

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Guest_Services_7688, Guest Relations Manager at Stockton Seaview Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
We are pleased to hear about your experience. Thank you for noticing our efforts in striving for greater quality. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future and very much appreciate your patronage.
Northern NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I spent one night and a full day at a work conference. Overall, I was pleasantly surprised. I am happiest in a JW Marriott or other luxury hotel chain, and I have high expectations. This is an older hotel, slightly European in feel, with a focus on service. It was clean and the staff was pleasant. The fact that the towel bars and windows are not the "latest" does not bother me at all; it just adds to the charm. The coffee (Cafe Lavazza from Italy!) in the lobby was outstanding. My meal (salmon special $21) in the lobby restaurant was reasonably priced and delicious. Did not have room service (grabbed breakfast at the wonderful coffee bar) but noticed the selection was good and the prices, very fair. Conference amenities and service were great. I decided I would return in the warmer weather with the family to enjoy the lovely pools and old-world feel, far enough away from nasty A.C. hotels with equally icky atmosphere. Thank you, Dolce Seaview. I even went on their website to see where else I could visit them!

Room Tip: My room faced the water in the distance, but close enough to lend a cool breeze.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
We are pleased to hear about your experience. Thank you for noticing our efforts in striving for greater quality with regard to our food and beverage. We look forward to seeing you again on a leisure trip or at another Dolce property.
Springfield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

We stayed here in April for a family wedding held entirely in the hotel. The resort seemed to have a lot of expertise in this area and made everyone feel welcome and comfortable. They have good complimentary coffee in the lobby. Everyone from the front desk to the housekeepers went out of their way to offer assistance and answer questions, sometimes before I even asked.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Guest_Services_7688, Guest Relations Manager at Stockton Seaview Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share some feedback. We are happy you enjoyed the coffee service and will share your kind words with our team. We strive to make every wedding a memorable experience and hope you can visit again soon.
uniondale,ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I found this place by accident. I booked 2 night in Atlantic City at the chelsea Hotel by the internet pictures only, let me say this I was in and out of there in 2 minutes Flat. that place is less than a Dump. Me and my wife had to pay a fee to get out of the deal but it was worth it. late friday night after being turned away from Numerous hotels because our reservations were Ruined by that Dump chelsea, we Found The Sea-view,A Dolce Resort. thank God said my wife. A truly Classy Establishment. We were treated with first class service from very friendly staff.We took an upgraded room and couldn't have been Happier. Breakfast was great included in the package as well as a 3.00 PM check out for200.00 Bucks. Little things like 10.00 dollar resort fee and 13 dollar valet which was optional was not bothersome.4 star hotel with 5 star service. thank you Dennis at front Desk and everyone else at this Hotel. only 8 miles from Atlantic city

Room Tip: Upgraded room is worth every penny
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback and highlighting the service you received from Dennis. We are very happy to hear about your experience and look forward to having you back on another trip to the Atlantic City area.
Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

From the time you enter the front door until the time you leave, all of the staff is friendly and accomodating. We played golf on three occasions and they were able to accomodate changing tee times to be more favorable to our schedule. All facilities in the hotel were in excellent shape including the golf courses. It was an easy 15 minute drive in to Atlantic City.

Room Tip: Choose one of the executive junior suites. There is an abundance of room with 2 lounge chairs to sit...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Stockton Seaview Hotel & Golf Club? Share your experiences!