“Wedding at Sea View” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 17 hotels in Galloway
Hammonton, New Jersey
“Wedding at Sea View”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

The Hotel is a Historic building that reminds you of Victorian days. Had stayed after our Daughters wedding had a Great Brunch. The staff was friendly and professional. We enjoyed the front lobby for a relaxing conversation and photographs, of our friends and new family members.
We arrived by car and chose to self park. There was ample parking and had no fears walking to the car to retrieve items in the well light parking lot.

Room Tip: A eastern facing room provides a view of the sunrise and a view of the lynx and Absecon bay very nic...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Guest_Services_7688, Guest Relations Manager at Stockton Seaview Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Thank you for your valuable feedback regarding your experience. We are thrilled you enjoyed such a wonderful weekend. We truly take pride in trying to make every event a memorable experience!

736 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Kirkwood, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed at the Seaview for 3 nights in January, was there for a conference. It was wonderful! It has that old hotel charm but with plenty of modern amenities. About 30 minutes from Atlantic City, this property is not easy to reach from major airports, it was about an hours drive from Philadelphia - but it is a wonderful getaway. My room was spacious, with a very comfortable king size bed. The large bathroom was clean, although my shower gel dispenser on the wall did not work properly. The public spaces are classic and comfortable. Our meals were included with our writer's conference fees and the Seaview did a wonderful job of catering - breakfast, lunch and dinner buffets were all tasty with delicious vegetarian options as well. The staff was very accommodating - upon arrival I discovered my first floor room had a window that did not lock. As a woman travelling alone I was not comfortable with that situation and they moved me to another room immediately. Great weekend at a beautiful hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
New Brunswick, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I stayed here this past weekend for my best friend's wedding. The room was way larger than I would have ever expected for the price, clean, and beautifully decorated / arranged. To be honest, the bed was comfortable but I didn't spend much time there......the staff (Dan & Mike) were so incredibly accommodating. A few us wanted to continue hanging out after the wedding reception ended and Dan and Mike were so friendly and so kind. They DEFINITELY made our nights!! I would easily come back here - although I'm sure it's a bit pricier during the vacation months, it is 100% worth every penny. A gorgeous building, BEYOND friendly staff, and comfortable, beautiful rooms - what more could you want?

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Toms River, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for one night. We enjoyed the bars inside and was mostly filled with old golfers. Seemed like a very quiet hotel.

The check in process was obviously painless since it was pretty empty (early spring). The overall impression of the inside when you walk in is "old".

The rooms were basic rooms with no mini-fridge, renovation to the rooms seem to have been done a decade ago.

My guess is the only reason people would want to stay at this hotel is for the golf.

This was an average property, good for golfers, average for other people.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Guest_Services_7688, Guest Relations Manager at Stockton Seaview Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
We appreciate your feedback. Thank you for your kind words in regards to our staff, golf, and bars. As you probably noticed our lobby as well as some our function space and public areas were renovated less than a year ago. Our plan is to complete additional phases of renovation each year in the off season months. We'd love to see you in the future.
Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

I am going to give this 4 stars but it is barely 4 stars. I thought it was a nice place. Had a certain charm to it. I thought the staff were overall very nice. There were a lot of nice touches to the experience. The lobby restaurant, I felt was above average. Portions were large and the food was overall prepared correctly. Nothing too exciting but my salad and scallops were good especially the seared scallops which people seem to "mess up" often. I had a terrible cold and they had a wonderful brand of tea with little jars of honey which was very helpful. The room was nice, beds were comfortable, and bathrooms were big. The walls were a little thin and the people chatting loudly next door in the AM was annoying. The breakfast buffet was decent and the lobby bar was nice. Bartender made me tea at midnight! The reason why I am subtracting a bit and why is is barely a 4 star is because my credit card had numerous holds and some were completely incorrect. I booked my room and completely paid through a 3rd party prior to arrival. The only charges should have been a security hold and a 13 dollar valet charge which the front desk staff keyed in as 130.00. When we called to ask them about it they outright lied and did not even offer an apology for their mistake. All in all I ended up with about 300 dollars in held charges on my credit card for over a week. A manager did call me back and was very polite and apologetic. The hotel was a good value especially due to the proximity, which is a very easy quick drive into Atlantic City where the cost of a hotel room on a weekend is absurd.

Room Tip: It is a big place. Some of the rooms may be a bit of a walk for some. If you have a problem with m...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
We appreciate your feedback and apologize for the gap in communication regarding your billing. We will continue to improve upon our product and service to provide you an even better experience next time. We hope you're feeling better.
Vineland, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

This is our getaway spot. It's an older hotel with an interesting history. Despite it being older, with its renovations it has all the modern amenities without losing its identity! Room was good size, and very comfortable. Decided to check out one their suites and was very impressed! Actually better than one of Trump Plazas executive suites at a better price. Trump suite still had a tube style tv.... Really. Will continue to escape there and check into a suite...

Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Englewood
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Start with the good: staff was very nice, room was quite spacious. The main issue - the noisiest hotel I've ever stayed at! The walls are paper thin and you can literally hear EVERYTHING that goes on. Lots of banging noises late into the night and the hallway conversations sound like they're in your room! I was looking forward to a very restful night which didn't happen. I would choose another hotel next time.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Stockton Seaview Hotel & Golf Club? Share your experiences!