“Simply Incredible” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 18 hotels in Galloway
New Brunswick, New Jersey
“Simply Incredible”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I stayed here this past weekend for my best friend's wedding. The room was way larger than I would have ever expected for the price, clean, and beautifully decorated / arranged. To be honest, the bed was comfortable but I didn't spend much time there......the staff (Dan & Mike) were so incredibly accommodating. A few us wanted to continue hanging out after the wedding reception ended and Dan and Mike were so friendly and so kind. They DEFINITELY made our nights!! I would easily come back here - although I'm sure it's a bit pricier during the vacation months, it is 100% worth every penny. A gorgeous building, BEYOND friendly staff, and comfortable, beautiful rooms - what more could you want?

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

792 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Toms River, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for one night. We enjoyed the bars inside and was mostly filled with old golfers. Seemed like a very quiet hotel.

The check in process was obviously painless since it was pretty empty (early spring). The overall impression of the inside when you walk in is "old".

The rooms were basic rooms with no mini-fridge, renovation to the rooms seem to have been done a decade ago.

My guess is the only reason people would want to stay at this hotel is for the golf.

This was an average property, good for golfers, average for other people.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Guest_Services_7688, Guest Relations Manager at Stockton Seaview Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
We appreciate your feedback. Thank you for your kind words in regards to our staff, golf, and bars. As you probably noticed our lobby as well as some our function space and public areas were renovated less than a year ago. Our plan is to complete additional phases of renovation each year in the off season months. We'd love to see you in the future.
Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

I am going to give this 4 stars but it is barely 4 stars. I thought it was a nice place. Had a certain charm to it. I thought the staff were overall very nice. There were a lot of nice touches to the experience. The lobby restaurant, I felt was above average. Portions were large and the food was overall prepared correctly. Nothing too exciting but my salad and scallops were good especially the seared scallops which people seem to "mess up" often. I had a terrible cold and they had a wonderful brand of tea with little jars of honey which was very helpful. The room was nice, beds were comfortable, and bathrooms were big. The walls were a little thin and the people chatting loudly next door in the AM was annoying. The breakfast buffet was decent and the lobby bar was nice. Bartender made me tea at midnight! The reason why I am subtracting a bit and why is is barely a 4 star is because my credit card had numerous holds and some were completely incorrect. I booked my room and completely paid through a 3rd party prior to arrival. The only charges should have been a security hold and a 13 dollar valet charge which the front desk staff keyed in as 130.00. When we called to ask them about it they outright lied and did not even offer an apology for their mistake. All in all I ended up with about 300 dollars in held charges on my credit card for over a week. A manager did call me back and was very polite and apologetic. The hotel was a good value especially due to the proximity, which is a very easy quick drive into Atlantic City where the cost of a hotel room on a weekend is absurd.

Room Tip: It is a big place. Some of the rooms may be a bit of a walk for some. If you have a problem with m...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
We appreciate your feedback and apologize for the gap in communication regarding your billing. We will continue to improve upon our product and service to provide you an even better experience next time. We hope you're feeling better.
Vineland, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

This is our getaway spot. It's an older hotel with an interesting history. Despite it being older, with its renovations it has all the modern amenities without losing its identity! Room was good size, and very comfortable. Decided to check out one their suites and was very impressed! Actually better than one of Trump Plazas executive suites at a better price. Trump suite still had a tube style tv.... Really. Will continue to escape there and check into a suite...

Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Englewood
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Start with the good: staff was very nice, room was quite spacious. The main issue - the noisiest hotel I've ever stayed at! The walls are paper thin and you can literally hear EVERYTHING that goes on. Lots of banging noises late into the night and the hallway conversations sound like they're in your room! I was looking forward to a very restful night which didn't happen. I would choose another hotel next time.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
new york
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We were prepared to like to place, until bedtime came. Place had a great feel: open, family-friendly and with courteous staff. Check-in was quick and hassle-free. The distance from the entrance to our room was quite a walk, would be acceptable if you use a golf cart (try heading back in when you're already out coz you forgot something). Decent sized room, same goes for the bathroom. Bed was comfortable, it was perfect for sleeping...if you could get some. The a/c kept making this banging sound (like someone dropping a heavy box) every 10 mins and the floor boards from the upper floor kept creaking. They could not move us because the place was fully-booked (due to weddings). The door needs to be changed, took a bit of technique to open it every time plus the bolt did not work. It could have been perfect.

Room Tip: Request for the upper floor.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback. I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed the staff and property and sincerely regret that some of your experience was less than desirable. Seaview Resort was built in 1914 as a private country club. Over years, we have done many upgrades to the property that have allowed us to maintain its historic beauty while still provide an ambience which is warm, refined and traditional. We are blessed to be a significant landmark in this community showcasing this 99 year old gem for our guests to experience. Your feedback allows us to continually improve upon our products and services. I hope to welcome you back in the near future to share rich and fascinating history of this property.
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

The whole resort has a really great feel to it if you like clubhouses and turn of the century decor. The staff was very friendly and welcoming. The bar had a small live band on Saturday which was great and you are just invited to lounge, have a drink and enjoy the athmosphere.

The prices were reasonable for room service and extremely good value for the breakfast buffet. Amongst all of the 4/5 star hotels I've stayed, the breakfast buffet was one of the best and I usually do not like buffets. The room is wonderful, the quality of the food top-notch and the cook prepared one of the best omelettes I have had in my life. Even the background music, classical piano, fitte right in. The server at breakfast had extremely high standards.

A very, very big plus is free wifi. Allthough this should be standard, I think less than 10% of all hotels I stay in has free wifi and I always make sure that I let people know how much it annoys me as I easily spend $500+/y on internet in hotels.

3 small negatives:
- the picture of the TV seemed sub-standard and you can connect your HDMI cable from your laptop but you can't switch the input
- as one of the other posters mentioned, check your parking charge, they will most likely get it wrong if you do one day of valet and then do self-parking but that is somewhat understandable and I would not think they try to sneak in a charge. The hotel is several levels above such business practices.
- indoor pool is on 3star level, allthough clean

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Stockton Seaview Hotel & Golf Club? Share your experiences!