“Great for Families” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Galloway
JDC-HKK_Travels
“Great for Families”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

My husband and I wanted to stay in a nice, clean (not seedy) place in Atlantic City. We found a great rate and decided to stay at the Seaview. This is not a place to party or for over-priced restaurants. It is just a nice place to relax. It would be nice for families, and we have considered bringing our families here in the future for an affordable reunion.

The only negative was that we called numerous times to book a tee time, and called about lessons, but they never got back to us. The golfing staff needs to be more responsive and fix this.

Room Tip: You can either get a "sea view," a pool view, or a greens view. Pick the sea view!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Guest_Services_7688, Guest Relations Manager at Stockton Seaview Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
We appreciate your feedback and apologize for the gap in communication. We have attempted to contact you to better understand the breakdown and have reviewed the information with our golf team. We will continue to improve upon our product and service to provide you an even better experience next time.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Northern NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

I wanted to really like the Seaview Resort at Galloway. It's a large, yet quaint old resort that has a nice feel, property, view, and appearance. The people working at the resort are exceptionally courteous and friendly. My teenage son stayed at the resort for a full week during each of the past two summers, while attending US Aikido Federation's summer camp hosted at the resort, and he enjoyed the resort in the summer. My wife, daughter and I finally got to experience the resort for one night recently (Feb 2013), so no golf, tennis, or outdoor pool, etc. We chose to stay at the Seaview for one short night based on proximity of the hotel to Dynamo Gymnastics in Galloway, where our daughter was competing in a gymnastics meet with a report time by 8:30AM. We live in north Jersey, and did not want to arise at 5AM or slightly earlier to drive down to South Jersey.
Because we were busy the day before, we did not arrive at the Seaview for check-in until 8PM. So, the purpose of our stay was efficiency, which has some bearing on our rating for this stay.

Check-in at the hotel was a breeze. We drove up to the entrance, and parked to unload luggage. Both valet and self-parking are available. Baggage attendants at the front door are friendly and helpful, and not pushy. My wife and daughter went with bags into the lobby, while I self-parked. The lobby is warm and inviting. Check-in was a breeze and very friendly. An attendant took our bags and escorted us to our room. Along the way, we asked questions about the hotel, and the attendant gladly answered our questions with ease and detailed information.

Oir daughter had to get to bed by 9:30, so we took an hour to explore the hotel. Our son raved about the game room and indoor pool, so we went to check them out. Along the way, I stopped at the front desk, because our room did not have a card to order breakfast room service. I expected the front desk to have extra copies, but they did not. The front desk attendant apologized, and said he would have one delivered to our room promptly. We continued on through the restaurant, where we ran into parents of my daughter's teammate. One joined us to see the other amenities. I walked by the indoor pool and the fitness center. The indoor pool is quite large, and appears nice, although we did not use it. The fitness center is also quite large, and efffectively a full gym with tons of equipment. They looked inviting, and wish we could have enjoyed them, but no time.

We moved on to the game room, which is effectively a large finished basement that has a very old full size air hockey table (that does not work very well), a full size ping pong table, a card table, and two old billiards tables that are in reasonable condition. There is a lounge area as well. The basement seems to lack adequate heating, similar to finished basements in many houses, so it was cooler than the main lobby level, but not too chilly. Soon, the other teammates and mothers came down to the game room, and we had the room to ourselves, with enought time to get in some marathon billiard games before other guests finally came in. The girls enjoyed the game room. It could use some updating, but it got the job done in entertaining the girls.

At about 9:15, we wandered back to the room. Upon arrival, still no card to fill out for breakfast room service. I wanted room service, so our morning could be very efficiently planned and timed. We do not need to add to stress right before a competition, and we want our daughter to sleep as late as possible. Room service in the morning was a big part of the plan to meet those objectives, as it takes time to go to the restaurant, get seated and serviced, etc. I had to get my daughter to bed, and I did not want some attendant knocking at the door after 9:30 to deliver the card for ordering breakfast room service. So, I called room service to see if they could take my order. They said no, but they would send someone right away with the order card. The card came just a few minutes after we put our daughter in bed with lights out. I filled out the card, which allows you to select a 15 minute window for delivery, with some note about guaranteeing delivery within that window, or breakfast os on them. I chose 7:15 - 7:30, so we could wake up our daughter close to 7AM, get her fully ready, and eat with time enough to relax, enjoy it, pack any remaining items, check-out, and be in the car by 8:15 for a two mile drive to the competition.

Well, it was a good plan, but not all in our control. By 7.35, breakfast had not yet arrived. I called room service, and they said it was on the way. The food finally arrived at 7:40, but still with the bill. The food was good, but we were paying a very steep price for the convenience and efficiency of this process. Yhe delivery attendant still handed me a very large and full bill, even though the delivery was late by 10 minutes. I had to swallow my food whole, so I could start walking everything out to the car, have time to clean a layer of ice and snow off the car, and check-out. Losing 10 to 25 minutes Iif breakfast was delivered as late as 7:30 to as early as 7:15) means that I did not at all enjoy my very expensive breakfast.

Overall, the value is very good. The room rate for one weekend night in early Feb is extremely reasonable. Besides the negative experience around ordering and delivery of breakfast, the other things we did not like too much were the beds (mattresses way to soft / not supportive -- probably old), and the HVAC. The room temperature was fine, but it was too noisy when the heat came on.

I really wanted to give Seaview a very good rating, as the people were so nice, and it is a quaint and cozy feel to the resort -- different from all the modern places, and makes you feel a bit of a time warp (memories of warm relaxing days in past). It was a good value, but for reasons above, I just could not get there on this visit. Sorry Seaview.

• Stayed February 2013
Guest_Services_7688, Guest Relations Manager at Stockton Seaview Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Thank you for your kind words and constructive feedback as it helps us grow on a regular basis. Clearly we were not performing to our usual standards, and for that I sincerely apologize. I have reviewed your feedback in detail with our team and we will continue to focus on adding value to your experience through enhancement of our service standards.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I organised a two day/night conference for 200 people in January 2013. The hotel's conference facilities were excellent - an impressive variety of conference rooms / board rooms / break-out rooms etc of different shapes and sizes and a very good on-site AV company. Our conference of 200 was well within the Hotel's capacity and capabilities.
The Hotel management and staff were outstanding - professional, attentive and supportive from the moment we stepped into the lobby on our first site visit to the moment we left at the end of the event.
Furthermore the quality of the food and service was excellent - higher than I had expected.
The location is a little off-the-beaten-track, but worth the trip. (If you enjoy Golf and/or a venue with tranquil surroundings this location will work for you.
Based on my experience I highly recommend the hotel for conferences and events.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your wonderful remarks, which I have shared with our staff. We were thrilled to host your conference and are very happy to hear about your experience. We look forward to having you back on a leisure trip.
Howell, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

I stayed here two months ago for a wedding and decided to come back this past weekend for a getaway. The first time i stayed for the wedding we had the best time we ever had at a wedding. The head banquet guy i believe his name was John or jim was on top of everything and made sure the bride and groom had a great time. the rooms were a little dated but were clean. house keepers were friendly. the valet guy steve was on top of his game. he attended me when i checked in and also when i checked out. it seemed like he was there all the time. he even remembered me when i came back this time. asking me if i had a good time at the wedding. i replied thats why im back. I had a nice conversation with pam at the bar. and steve the other bartender was entertaining. Hats off to whoever teaches costumer service at this hotel

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Guest_Services_7688, Guest Relations Manager at Stockton Seaview Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments and more importantly for being a loyal guest. I am very pleased to hear that you had yet another great stay with us. We truly appreciate you taking the time to recognize some of our wonderful staff and have shared your kind words. We very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Coopersburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

My 2 daughters and I stayed at this property on 1/26/13 after attending a concert at Boardwalk Hall. We were looking for hotel that would be more economical than the casinos. Based on the reviews on Trip Advisor, and the price ($105/night) we selected Seaview. The hotel and the grounds are immaculate (I can only imagine how beautiful it would be in the Spring and Summer), the staff (and there are many) were all courteous and very helpful. Our room was very clean and the beds and pillows were very comfortable. We didn't use the dining room for dinner or breakfast but it looked very nice. We did take advantage of the free coffee/tea in the lobby, though. The valet parking is $12.00/night though if you park your own car, parking is free. Overall, a pleasant stay. I would definitely stay here again if I was in the area and and I would highly recommend it.

Room Tip: The price on Expedia was $10.00/night less than Dolce's website.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Perryville, Maryland, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I've stayed at the Seaview several times in the past 10 years as part of a large craft convention and it was one of our favorite locations. We still talk about how comfortable the beds are!
My husband and I stayed there last night after a concert in Atlantic City. The price was much more reasonable than staying in town and the hotel had a quieter atmosphere.
It's a historic location but it has been well maintained.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
We are happy to hear about your experience and thank you for being a returning guest. We hope to see you many times again in the future and have an opportunity to showcase our golf and spa services to you.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My stay at the Seaview for a poetry conference was just about perfect, and the venue was a big part of that. Staff was unfailingly friendly and helpful (but not overbearing), the view and ambience was lovely and relaxing, the room and bed was comfy and clean, the food was always scrumptious despite being for 200+ people, and the hotel even managed to host a bunch of cheerleaders alongside our poetry folks without any friction at all! If one wants "action," there on the horizon are the lit-up towers of A.C., and if one wants quiet, Brigantine is just a short drive away.

Room Tip: I'd talk to the desk about a room, they're very helpful. You can't see the bay from the...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Stockton Seaview Hotel & Golf Club? Share your experiences!