“Main Dining Room Not Good” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Dolce Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Galloway
new jersey
“Main Dining Room Not Good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

We did not stay at this hotel, but I was not able to find a separate listing for this Hotel's Main Dining Room. We went here for Christmas Eve dinner, which was a buffet.

The lobby was decorated, but the Main Dining Room which was supposed to have been renovated didn't look must different to me than when I was there a few years ago. In addition, for the holiday season, except for small poinsettas on the table, nothing had any sign of Christmas. No tree, no nothing. Our reservation was for 8:00 p.m. and by 9:00 p.m. the Jazz combo was packed up. I did know it was a buffet, which we really don't care for, but I was told when making my reservation that the appetizer, soup, salad, coffee and dessert would be served, only the entree would be a buffet. Even though the entire meal was buffet, it would not have been bad, if the food was first quality or if there was a nice selection. The raw bar was good, but not well stocked---you had to keep asking for food. The carving station had fresh ham and prime rib, which was tasty. Salad selection was fare. The meal selections were awful and not stocked. They had stuffed chicken, flat iron steak which looked very unappetizing, Salmon, but not well prepared---this is not a buffet selection to be sure? Vegetables---no potatoes, just hard string beans and some acorn mixture. Only 2 vegetables at a buffet. If that wasn't bad enough, the desserts were worst---again not many there and not freshly stocked. We felt that they had this buffet to get rid of what they couldn't serve on their menu. Absolutely disgusting, poorly prepared and extremely poor presentation.

I would never recommend going to this place to anyone. Stay far away. The worst $100.00 plus we ever spent. The next day we had a gourmet dinner at the Ram's Head Inn in Absecon for only $30.00 more, but fantastic plus it looked like a holiday. Don't go to the Main Dining Room at this Dolce Seaview.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Stayed for more then 3 weeks due to Hurricane Sandy destorying my home. I was very happy with my stay. The rooms were done well, the staff were friendly and most important I slept really well. They have an indoor pool which I used. It is a big indoor pool. The kind that you can do laps in if thats your thing. I also used the exercise room and found it to be well appointed. They also have a game room and my teenagers enjoyed that area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Guest_Services_7688, Guest Relations Manager at Stockton Seaview Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
We are pleased to hear about your experience during a difficult time. Thank you for noticing our efforts in striving for greater quality. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future and very much appreciate your patronage.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

Here on business. Nice hotel. Clean and spacious. Flying in and out of AC weekly for a while now. Lots of reviews to write. Hotel is on golf course, staff good, room clean, beds a little too firm for me. Bathroom average. Not far from the airport.

• Stayed October 2012
Wall Township, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

We stayed at the Seaview for one week and had a wonderful time. The guest services staff, housekeeping and dining room staff were gracious, effieicient and accommodating. We really enjoyed the Sunday Champagne brunch. It featured fabulous service, good food and wonderful entertainment. Our pianist was RICK MATHER. He played a wonderful selection of time-honored tunes...and he really made our brunch experience very special. Highly recommend for a day, weekend or full week stay...and don't miss the fabulous live brunch w/ Rick @ piano.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Hellertown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

My family and I first visited seaview over 30 years ago for their famous Friday night seafood buffet. When my husband and I came back to celebrate our anniversary, I was afraid the resort would look tired and worn. Much to my surprise and happiness, the resort is every bit as nice as it used to be. Food, amenities, service, decor etc were exemplary. It is even better with the addition of the Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spa which is adjacent to the property with complimentary shuttle service. Will definitely be going back!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Jericho, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

If you are looking for the fun of Atlantic City, but need some peace and quiet-this is the place.
Just a short 15 minute drive from the casinos is an elegant, country club resort with friendly service, great food and excellent accomodations. Check-in was fast with complimentary coffee in the lobby and lots of comfy couches to relax in. Freshly updated, nice size rooms with the most comfortable beds and flat screen tv's. We had the best night's sleep. This hotel is immaculate and has so much to offer-two great golf courses, tennis, a game room, indoor and outdoor swimming pools-all in top condition. Great for families, friends, romantic couples and special occasions. The incredibly accomodating and friendly staff make this hotel my #1 choice and the winner at the shore!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
WINTER HAVEN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We were privileged to visit the Stockton Seaview Resort one week before Hurricane Sandy slammed into the Jersey Shore. They handled our conference group of 200+ very well, with delightful catering menus and great customer service.

My room was on the ground floor and was gorgeous! My first evening, the lobby bartender recommended I try a wine tasting on the adjacent patio. What a delight! I enjoyed good wines both nights of my visit, well-complementing my dinners.

Our only glitch was with pricing. We were not informed of the daily resort fee/tax and neglected to include that in our company check to the resort. Additionally, one in our group was charged $50 for parking, when none of us had a car there. The hotel staff were wonderful in helping me to reconcile our expenses, even after everyone had checked out. This service following check-out is the icing on a beautiful cake. I recommend this resort and look forward to returning.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Guest_Services_7688, Guest Relations Manager at Stockton Seaview Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are very happy to hear about your experience and look forward to having you back on a leisure trip.

Been to Stockton Seaview Hotel & Golf Club? Share your experiences!