“Decent hotel near ACY” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Galloway
Alpha, United States
“Decent hotel near ACY”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Easy to get to, many restaurants in area. Convenient to Atlantic City Airport. Clean rooms, lots of college students though...I'm thinking they might be housing some of the Stockton students. If I fly out of Atlantic City Airport again (which I probably will) I'd stay here again. Price was fair for all they offer.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Brooklyn, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

When we checked in on Friday, we get up to the room and the room is not ready. We have to go back to the lobby and wait. Then there was an extra bed in the room that was not requested by us. The cleaning staff had carts, sheets, vacuum cleaners and coffee pots scattered throughout the hallway making the walk to the room more of an obstacle course. On Saturday, they didn't come to service the room until 5:30pm even though we were gone from 12pm -3:30pm. The fridge had an odor, there was a stain on the carpet and in the tub. My worst experience at this hotel.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson

RayCountryInn, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites Absecon, responded to this review, 1 week ago
On behalf of our entire staff at Country Inns & Suites we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. I have addressed apologize with our team, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future.

Though we appreciate your feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations.

Best Regards,

Syed Amin
Front Office Manager
Country Inn & Suites
Absecon, NJ
Croydon, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

After reading the reviews I was hesitant but the room we stayed in was very nice the bed was quite comfortable and the place very clean the tub had some minor issues but we figured it out. The only issue we had was when we had to check out we were unable to find the employee we had to leave early so we just left the keys in the room and a note at the desk. We would stay here again when we fly out of AC Airport

Room Tip: After reading the reviews I was hesitant but the room we stayed in was very nice the bed was quite c...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Bowie, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2014

This is a nice hotel. It is well maintained and good as Country Inn & Suites go. The only issue is that there are no suites and it is way over priced in the summer. It isn't worth the price. However, during offseason it isn't bad and convenient if you have business around the Atlantic City Airport. I use it when I visit family in that area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2014

I can honestly say this was the worst experience I've ever had with a hotel. My fiance and I requested 30 rooms for our upcoming wedding. We have a large wedding and were told that getting up to 50 rooms would not be an issue if those filled, which is the only reason why we booked our block here. We received an email confirming 24 rooms. When I replied back asking about my 30 rooms I received no response. I had to call, and the person I spoke to was extremely rude and acted like I was an inconvenience. He told me for them to open more rooms these would have to fill first. I had my family and friends book rooms early so that I could open up more before the invitations went out. When I called back again they said they were completely booked (4 months before the wedding) and said they couldn't open more. I had to find a second room block at a different hotel. THEN I received a call less than a week later saying that they were not going to be able to accommodate my room block AT ALL. They were barely apologetic. They didn't even have the decency to call the guests that had already booked to let them know. This is unprofessional and completely unacceptable, and I have no idea how this place is even still in business. I'm completely disgusted with the whole experience. My family and I will be filing a corporate complaint so that hopefully this stops happening to people. Maybe the manager should do more than just post a generic "apology" back to these reviews.

Room Tip: Do yourself a favor and book somewhere else.
Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
RayCountryInn, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites Absecon, responded to this review, November 7, 2014

Though we appreciate your feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations.

Best Regards,

Syed Amin
Front Office Manager
Country Inn & Suites
Absecon, NJ
Bowie, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2014

The hotel was extremely nice; our room was great and the whirl pool was amazing. The only recommendation that I would have is to put a sign next to the timer for the whirlpool; it took us a while to "understand" how it worked.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Portland, Me
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2014

I have been reading the reviews of this hotel and called the hotel directly to get some information on how some of the hotel was now being used as an overflow for a college dorm. I just asked if the desk clerk would let me know the percentage of rooms being used as a dorm because I was concerned about noise based on reviews I have read. He said to me if you don't like it book some place else! Extremely rude and didn't even try to tell anything positive about the hotel. If they are that rude over the phone I will gladly take my money somewhere else just as he suggested. I cancelled my reservation!

Room Tip: Based on rude desk clerk cancelled my reservation.
Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites Absecon, responded to this review, October 26, 2014
We apologize for the disappointing service you received from the staff. Please know we are currently taking the steps necessary to improve the quality of our facility, improve the attentiveness of our staff, and the condition of hotel in its entirety. Thank you for your valuable feedback.

Been to Country Inn & Suites Absecon? Share your experiences!