“Only during Offseason” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Galloway
Bowie, Maryland
“Only during Offseason”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

This is a nice hotel. It is well maintained and good as Country Inn & Suites go. The only issue is that there are no suites and it is way over priced in the summer. It isn't worth the price. However, during offseason it isn't bad and convenient if you have business around the Atlantic City Airport. I use it when I visit family in that area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I can honestly say this was the worst experience I've ever had with a hotel. My fiance and I requested 30 rooms for our upcoming wedding. We have a large wedding and were told that getting up to 50 rooms would not be an issue if those filled, which is the only reason why we booked our block here. We received an email confirming 24 rooms. When I replied back asking about my 30 rooms I received no response. I had to call, and the person I spoke to was extremely rude and acted like I was an inconvenience. He told me for them to open more rooms these would have to fill first. I had my family and friends book rooms early so that I could open up more before the invitations went out. When I called back again they said they were completely booked (4 months before the wedding) and said they couldn't open more. I had to find a second room block at a different hotel. THEN I received a call less than a week later saying that they were not going to be able to accommodate my room block AT ALL. They were barely apologetic. They didn't even have the decency to call the guests that had already booked to let them know. This is unprofessional and completely unacceptable, and I have no idea how this place is even still in business. I'm completely disgusted with the whole experience. My family and I will be filing a corporate complaint so that hopefully this stops happening to people. Maybe the manager should do more than just post a generic "apology" back to these reviews.

Room Tip: Do yourself a favor and book somewhere else.
Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
RayCountryInn, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites Absecon, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
On behalf of our entire staff at Country Inns & Suites we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. I have addressed apologize with our team, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future.

Though we appreciate your feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations.

Best Regards,

Syed Amin
Front Office Manager
Country Inn & Suites
Absecon, NJ
Bowie, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The hotel was extremely nice; our room was great and the whirl pool was amazing. The only recommendation that I would have is to put a sign next to the timer for the whirlpool; it took us a while to "understand" how it worked.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson

Portland, Me
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I have been reading the reviews of this hotel and called the hotel directly to get some information on how some of the hotel was now being used as an overflow for a college dorm. I just asked if the desk clerk would let me know the percentage of rooms being used as a dorm because I was concerned about noise based on reviews I have read. He said to me if you don't like it book some place else! Extremely rude and didn't even try to tell anything positive about the hotel. If they are that rude over the phone I will gladly take my money somewhere else just as he suggested. I cancelled my reservation!

Room Tip: Based on rude desk clerk cancelled my reservation.
Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites Absecon, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
We apologize for the disappointing service you received from the staff. Please know we are currently taking the steps necessary to improve the quality of our facility, improve the attentiveness of our staff, and the condition of hotel in its entirety. Thank you for your valuable feedback.
Mount Carmel, Pennsylvania, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2014

Staff not friendly, all are foreign and enjoy speaking their native languages to one another apparently with they assume that guests do not know what they are saying. I am fluent in over 12 languages and understood not only what they were saying but which guests they were talking about. (fully disrespectful) Breakfast was not what you would expect from a Country Inn and Suites (more like from a Howard Johnson Express) , you will find no hot entrees here (other than waffles and excuses), also if you do choose to par-take in the breakfast be mindful that the staff will be joining you for your meal, as they come in and help themselves during breakfast hours. Desk staff has two pleasant employess, the rest will roll their eyes at you and overall act like you are an intruder and a bother. There were numerous excuses and misleadings from the staff during our stay. Rooms were not cleaned or serviced everyday, and we even had to ask for towels and toilet paper. Pool and hot tub need resurfacing and cleaning. Halls, business room, and fitness room were extremely hot. While I will say, yes apparently it is being used as dorm overflow for a college, the college students were more warm, welcoming and respectful than the staff. Staff was overall unpleasant for the most part and my family and I have NEVER been made to feel so uncomfortable in all our lives. It is VERY CLEAR that the management here is either lining a pocket or just looking to make the guests feel unwanted. ALSO, cookies are not the usual (if you like shoprite or dollar tree cookies then you're good), and the coffee was often empty or cold. If you do get hungry you can purchase small grocery items from the front desk (never saw that before), they are ice encrusted and limited as well as the breakfast. OVERALL, not what you'd expect from CLUB CARLSON, and fully NOT UP TO CARLSON STANDARDS. The staff and the management are the only things wrong here, other than the pool and hot tub needing maintenance.

Room Tip: rooms larger than usual, staff not pleasant, breakfast very limited, parking very limited.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites Absecon, responded to this review, October 13, 2014
We sincerely apologize for the problems you encountered during your experience with us. I can assure you that this is not the level of service that we at Country Inn & Suites pride ourselves upon. We have noted your complaints regarding the disappointing service you received from the staff, and we are making the changes necessary to ensure that our service is kept up to the highest standard. We thank you for your time, and hope you get the chance to stay with us again so we get the opportunity to restore your faith in our hotel.
New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2014

I have stayed in Country Inns before and always had a good experience. They were clean and rooms in good order. At this location the staff was not overly friendly, the rooms not very clean and the breakfast was very limited. More importantly, it is being used as an overflow dorm for a local college. Not the type of experience I was looking for for my family. Carlson group really needs to take a second look at this location. I will now be hesitant to stay in other similar hotels.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
CarlsonRezidor, Online support Specialist at Country Inn & Suites Absecon, responded to this review, October 8, 2014
We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel during your stay and the issues you encountered at breakfast. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2014

This hotel is an excellent place to stay. The beds were very comfortable, having an in room mini frig was a bonus. The pool and spa were clean with plenty of towels. The free breakfast had waffles, cereal, yogurt, fresh fruit, a variety of juices, muffins, etc. Free cookies and tea and coffee in the lobby. Easy access to the highways. The bathroom was large with a spa tub and shower. Staff were very friendly. Many restaurants nearby. Overall excellent stay and I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson

Been to Country Inn & Suites Absecon? Share your experiences!