“Large, clean room at a great price!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book a Business Package
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Galloway
Middletown, New Jersey
“Large, clean room at a great price!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

Great experience at this hotel. The staff was very helpful and honored our group AAA rate. We 7 families and each was pleasantly surprised with the space in each room, especially the bathroom. Each had an extra large whirlpool tub. The one negative was that they were chlorinating the pool the night we were there so the children couldn't swim. Plenty to do around the area; Atlantic City, restaurants, the beach.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Palmer, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

I was actually planning to stay elsewhere but chose this hotel due to the indoor heated pool which was how my daughter and I planned to spend the afternoon. When reserving the hotel I specifically asked for a crib in the room.

Upon checking in the front desk clerk informed me the hotel does not own and never had cribs available. I asked for a manager and was told they didn't come in. I asked if they would waive the cancellation fee so I would stay elsewhere but was told only the manager (who I wasn't allowed to call) could authorize this. I had no choice but to continue with check-in. I asked about the pool and whether it's heated but the clerk told me the pool was "cold".

The room was comfortable and the room along with public spaces in the hotel was clean. For a Saturday night they appeared to be understaffed - while sitting in the lobby I noted guests waiting 10-15 minutes to check-in as the clerk was addressing room maintenance issues.

There was no information in the room or on their web site regarding a shuttle to casinos but I did see a bus come twice in the evening. No one used the service perhaps because it's unadvertised.

The next morning I asked if I could speak to the manager and the same clerk again told me that he never came in. I noted that the booklet in the room specified cribs are an amenity of the hotel and he got a 'blank look' on his face and said nothing. I again requested a manager call me and was promised a call on Monday.

Breakfast was adequate but the eggs did not look 'fresh' and a high chair was not available for my daughter.

The manager only called me a week later after I complained to Corporate. He agreed the pool was 'cold' (but no one at Corporate could tell me if franchisees need to keep the water at a minimum temperature to call the pool 'heated') but assured me the hotel owns 2 cribs. He said the front desk clerk 'miscommunicated' this to me. He offered a weak apology, considering the fact it came only after Corporate contacted him and not earlier. There was no offer to make up my dissatisfaction during a future stay.

Corporate awarded me 1000 points for the inconvenience of not having a crib which is the equivalent of soda/coffee/tea ($1-$2). Enough compensation? I'll leave it up to you to decide.

Bottom line: If you're OK with no heated pool, no crib, no high chair and a potentially long check-in time, this hotel is clean and priced well.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
CarlsonRezidor, online customer support at Country Inn & Suites Absecon, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We apologize for the dissatisfaction of your stay. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments so we can continually improve our services. We apologize that the hotel does not have cribs and high chairs available for people traveling with children.
Virginia USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

This was a good stay. Hotel was brand new and on the main Rte 30 around Atlantic City area. Neighborhood seemed safe enough. Rooms were adequate, clean and quite spacious. Nice mini kitchen area with sink and microwave. Front desk was attentive when there was no OJ or hot water at breakfast. For the price, I would recommend this place.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

The room was fine but they double charged my credit card and they are trying to blame me. Can't produce receipt for one charge. Very unprofessional staff/general manager and quite possibly the worst customer service I have ever received. Corporate office is of no assistance since they are franchised. Had to turn it over to my credit card company. Lesson learned, never stay here and never book online for Country Inn and Suites.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Carlson Hotels C, online customer support at Country Inn & Suites Absecon, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your room. We understand the frustration you feel regarding the extra charge to your credit card. Per our conversations, an explanation was provided given the reason of the other charge to your credit card. If you would like to discuss this situation further, please contact Corporate Customer Care.
Alburtis, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Stayed here for the 2nd time with our family of 5. Had a pleasant stay and got a great rate for our Sun-Tues. stay.
Breakfast was yummy and plentiful.
Rooms were clean and the pool/hot tub area was great for the kids when it was pouring rain outside. The only issue we had was lack of towels in the pool area, had to go request them from the front desk.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Manama, Bahrain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

I'm quite wary of staying at Inn's, however because it was the weekend in Atlantic City, most if not all rooms at other hotels were completely sold out. I trusted my luck, and the reviews on this website, and I was astonished at how comfortable and spacious this hotel was. It was truly a home away from home, a relaxing place to come back, unwind, and sleep. I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for an affordable, yet highly comforting hotel in Atlantic City. The guys working there are legends too!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Such a nice hotel. A breath of fresh air compared to the anti-family jammed packed smelly hotel casinos in Atlantic City. The only problem was there was frequently nobody at the front desk including when we wanted to check out.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Country Inn & Suites Absecon? Share your experiences!