“Second time was not the charm =(” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book a Business Package
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Galloway
Runnemede, New Jersey
“Second time was not the charm =(”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I picked this hotel because my husband and I had stayed here before and had a good experience, plus they have a government rate that couldn't be beat this time around for an overnight stay near AC. Well this trip was not as good an experience: Syed checked us in and everything was fine. We got to our room and found it to be clean but there were no toiletries (thankfully I packed my own as I usually do). We had some time until we had to be at a show in AC so we relaxed a while. Fast forward to after midnight...we returned to the hotel and were settling in to go to sleep but our neighbor had the volume on the TV to set deafening...we called the front desk after a while and soon someone came up to have them lower the volume, which they did. The bed was very comfortable but for me personally the pillows were too soft, so I just used 2. Everything was fine after that until it came time in the morning to use the shower....EPIC FAIL!! You couldn't even use the main shower head, it was a steady drip and the knob for the mutli-heads was stuck, so all of the shower heads were on a drip...had to stand close to the wall to even feel the water...I've had some weak shower pressures in hotels but this was ridiculous! I was looking forward to using that shower since I enjoyed it so much the last time I stayed there. We didn't stay for the free breakfast as we did last time. Upon checking out, Syed was there again and I told him what was wrong with the shower head, and he acted as though he didn't believe me. He tried to tell me you have to push the knob to get it to work, and I told him my husband (who's a big guy) even tried to do it and it wouldn't budge. After this experience I would have to think twice about staying there again. It's a shame, too, because it's in an ideal location, barely 15 minutes from AC, and the rates are unbeatable. Let the buyer beware!

Room Tip: check the shower before settling in...I'm not the only one who had an issue with the multiple sh...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Goose Creek, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I visited your hotel for the second time in one month due to a family emergency. For what we paid for the one night ($160), I expected better service. The room itself was clean and bed comfortable, but the negatives far outweighed the positive.

The main shower head of the "multi-shower" heads did not work, so we had to kneel down to wash our hair. The piece of plastic that was supposed to be a diverter for water NOT to go out of the shower onto the floor was clearly loose(which I'm sure housekeeping should have already reported), which caused the water to get all over the floor and soak the bath mat(NOT SAFE)! Then, when we had to leave at 5 a.m. to catch our flight out, we find that the elevator is out of order, so we had to drag our bags down 3 flights of stairs... (there was no sign on the 3rd floor elevator doors to say it was out of order). When I mentioned to the desk clerk that we should receive a discount for the incovenience, he laughed and said "talk to the hotel manager!" As we were walking out the front door, I turned around and saw the front desk clerk laughing at us!!

HOW RUDE!!!!! I will never stay at your hotel again and with all the family members we have in the area, I have made sure they know not to recommend your hotel either!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
RayCountryInn, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites Absecon, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear Caroline

On behalf of our entire staff at Country Inns & Suites we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. I have addressed apologize with our team, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future.
By the way, our maintenance people check the shower head, multi-water jet & whirlpool Jacuzzi and they found everything working fine. The operation procedure of Jacuzzi is a bit complicated but very interesting to use it.

We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit we can exceed your expectations. My apologize again for the inconvenience that you shared at our hotel.

SYED AMIN
Front Office Manager
Country Inn & Suites
Brookhaven, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Staff not very welcoming. Room was clean, but not in great condition (i.e. cigarette burns in carpet). Shower/bath was cool becaise of the multiple shower heads and jacuzzi bath. Breakfast was inedible, plan on eating elsewhere. Elevators are apparently old and experiencing frequent mechanical problems as when we told the person in the back of the front desk (no one was ever out at the desk) that the elevators weren't working, his response was "again." Not a reply we were expecting! If you are looking for an affordable place to stay while visiting folks in the area or to visit multiple shore points on day trips, this is a place to consider.

Not an easy location to get to when coming from or going to the Southern shore points.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Brampton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Excellent. Fantastic value for money with breakfast and easy to connect Wi-Fi.
Strange, just like other reviewers, the bed rates as the most comfortable I have ever slept in including my own and the sheets, comforter were so cosy.
Location and savings versus the strip is tremendous. Whitehorse Pike runs right into the strip at 7/8 minutes. 15 minutes from Walmart to pick up supplies for the very handy full size fridge, dishwasher and small stove top. Hotels are all on an off site strip with adequate eateries, pharmacy, gas/liqour cigarettes nearby. For other Garmin users disable the U-turn avoidances to get back to the hotel from the strip - Hint, solid medium all the way up.
Staff could use some personality training. Not welcoming, engaging. Sign here, dot here, hotel policy here, move along, next please? Yes my trip was enjoyable, the weather is nice, wow you took the added interaction of addressing me by name. Goes a long way you know.
Hotel is super clean and over three nights the room cleaning staff did a fantastic job. Kudo's to you. Hallways, massive, well lit and carpet is strangely clean(yes we all complain about dirty, dingy carpet - gross normally)
Jacuzzi tubs are a little dated and underpowered but the body jets were, hmmm ------ fun.
Breakfast was sufficient, eggs, varied either bacon or sausage, waffle maker, small taters. Apple/orange juice, coffee and everything to eat was replenished frequently during the breakfast hours. Please add more tables especially for solo, duo travellers. Little shortage at times during the Canadian, July long weekend and the dining room has the room to add two or three more.
Free cookies and nice selection of local papers in the lobby. Exercise room small but come on like you really wanted to use it. Definitely recommend and would not hesitate to stay again.
One hour to Cape May is an nice day trip for a beach day at their boardwalk. Good crab eating to be had down there although service lacking at H and H seafood.

Room Tip: King only will give you a huge area as the other queen bed is removed and replaced with only a sleep...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Copiague, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Like many other people, my husband & I wanted to go to Atlantic City without paying the ridiculous prices on the strip. We stayed at Country Inn 6/21/13-6/22/13. The pros: The lobby was really nice and check in was the quickest ever. Maybe it was because I reserved online idk but it took all of 5 minutes. Hallways, public bathrooms, dining area were super clean. The room was awesome for the price. Bright, clean, modern, huge. The king bed was sooo comfortable. The usual amenities coffee maker, shampoo, etc were there with stainless micro and refrig, granite counterspace. The whirpool tub in the bathroom was nice & big. Breakfast was decent, a step above continental. It was less then 10 minutes from AC. It was right off the garden state surrounded by everything.
The cons: The pool could be updated. The tub creaked while taking a shower which was really annoying. But that is not stopping us from returning at all. I already reserved for labor day weekend. Great getaway!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Lawnside, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

For those who may wish to choose this hotel in the future, I will give some simple pros and cons:

Pros:
Reasonably priced; close (enough) to AC; clean rooms; beautiful lobby; coffee and cookies available 24/7; nice breakfast spread (including eggs, sausages, waffles, etc.). Jacuzzi tub in all rooms. The bed is VERY comfortable.The couple's suite has the Jacuzzi in-room and all other suites have Jacuzzi in bathroom. Kitchenettes in most rooms, full kitchen in others. Directly on White Horse Pike in Galloway/Absecon...you can't miss it.

Cons:

You need a wrench and/or a body builder to manage the controls of the in-room Jacuzzi. I went to call the front desk and alas, there was no cord attached to the phone (I later realized there was another phone). When I went to the desk to address this, the maintenance guy told the guy at the front desk that he couldn't help because he needed to go catch his bus. The guy at the front desk tried to help me verbally, but couldn't really understand what I was saying. He eventually gave me the instruction to "turn really hard"

When we went to the hot tub/pool the hot tub water was ICE cold and the pool water was even colder! Yes, the hot tub is in bad shape...and the water is green...the pool is also in bad shape and both are chipped and damaged at the bottom....I would have been fine with that if the water wasn't so incredibly cold!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Schaghticoke, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Most things were very good -- comfy beds, clean rooms (with fridge and microwave), good free breakfast (including eggs,sausage, waffles and not-bad coffee), strong wi-fi, and a very enjoyable whirlpool in the bath. Price was definitely fair for a weekend stay near AC. Easy shot into casinos area if one has a car; if not (or if there's no designated driver), you shouldn't stay out by the GSP.

However, there was a serious bad -- green water in the hot tub next to the pool. (It was clearly green -- the tile and floors of the pool and hot tub are identical, but the pool water was blue and clear to the bottom while the hot tub was a shade of semi-light lime.) On top of that, staff was not helpful when it was reported -- the attitude was basically first to say it wasn't, then to say, in sum and substance, "nothing I can do." Also, the computer in the business area was broken and staff (same person, same night) had no idea where else one might be able to find a place with computer & printer. (FedEx Office is about 10 minutes away.) Would have been fun if I needed to book, say, luggage on Spirit Airlines (AC's main carrier, where paying at the airport costs a lot more).

These issues take what would have been an easy 4 to what is barely a 3.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Country Inn & Suites Absecon? Share your experiences!