“Very Nice Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Galloway
Delaware
“Very Nice Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

This hotel, on the whole, is very, very nice. We had a Queen room with kitchen facilities-2 burner (glass top) cook top. large frig, microwave, sink & dishwasher. The drawback of this room is the kitchen sink is very, very small. There was nothing provided to wash dishes with, either in the sink or in the dishwasher. I asked for dishwasher soap, at the front desk & the gentleman said he had nothing available. There were no paper towels, dishes, glasses, cups, silverware, can openers, knives or pot/pans. Luckily I carry some of these items with me-glad I do or we would have had nothing to eat on. One other drawback, as one other person stated, was the shower. The diverter knob was extremely hard to turn & popped off when trying to turn it so the side showers would not work. This was reported to the front desk at check out. However, the tub was large & roomy. On the bright side-the room & bathroom were very clean. The bed was comfortable & the linens nice. The lobby, hallways & outside areas are clean as well. Check-in & check-out were fast. The hotel was quiet. We would definitely return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Bring pot/pan, paper plates & cups. Room was quiet.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Gloucester City, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

My wife and I came here to enjoy a night out away from the kids. Picked a Jacuzzi room, Jacuzzi barely worked. Had a multiple head shower, but it took half the night to figure out how to get the diverter knob how to turn. I imagine that they have hard water causing deposits in the Jacuzzi, Pool, Spa, and other water pipes making them not function properly. Spa had a funny odor to it. Pool has brown spots on the floor and walls and they are mostly green - needs a cleaning! There is a shower in the pool area (would be nice to wash off the inordinate amounts of chlorine) but it is non-functional. Was not impressed at all. The only good thing was that the bed was REALLY comfortable.

Room Tip: Avoid the pool.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
RayCountryInn, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Absecon, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Abrham Martinez,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 609-652-4050.

Ray
Front Desk Manager
Country inn & Suites
Sparta, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Friendly staff, this place is clean as a whistle!! Lovely hotel, large suite with huge Jacuzzi (2 person sized) tub with extra jets as well. Coffee and cookies 24/7 in the lobby with a charming lending library room as well.

Breakfast was phenomenal. Eggs, sausage, freshly made waffles (highly recommended!) home fries, oatmeal, fruit, yogurt and juices. Something to please everyone.

Hopefully we can stay here again soon, thank you!!

Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

We were really pleased with our entire stay. Staff was very friendly and helpful, nice size rooms with jacuzzi tub and kitchenette. Loved the pool and hot tub. Great breakfast started our day. This is about 10 miles from Atlantic City and was 1/3 the price of a casino hotel room for our weekend stay. This really is an excellent hotel.

Turnersville, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I was very pleased with the accomadations, Large room two queen beds,mini fridge, pull out sofabed if needed. Very clean throughout and very friendly staff. Highly recommend. Easy off and on Garden State Parkway. Shuttle bus to Resorts Casino.

Room Tip: East side lower numbers 16 to 00 second and third floors. For seniors try to get access rooms. Bars...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Wilmington, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed here after getting displaced from a beach house rental after Hurricane Sandy. For me, this was conveniently located right off the Garden State Parkway - easy to get on and off to get to my job.

No bones about it - this is an excellent hotel and was a great value for the money considering other hotels within the price range were either dives or old and decrepit and other hotels this nice were charging triple digits per night. I got a King Suite and it was very roomy and very clean. It had a sofabed, small sink, larger microfridge, and a tub/shower with jets. Continental breakfast was served every morning. Danny and his staff were very accommodating and on the spot given the circumstances.

I certainly couldn't have asked for a better stay in a nice hotel. If I was ever in that area again, I wouldn't hesitate to make a reservation here. You won't regret the stay!

Room Tip: I think the hotel manager's family lives here, so sometimes there are kids running in the halls...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

My wife and I like to get away to this area every once in a while. We are not gamblers but rather like the Historic Smithville area. The place is great, not sure what keeps the overall rating from being higher, but if you like paying for parking, wi-fi and other amenities that should be free, feel free to book in AC and pay double.

The rooms are large, clean and beds as comfortable as I've slept in at better hotels. Staff were very accommodating. When we checked in, I realized that I had booked the wrong room (2 bed queen W/kitchenette), I called the front desk and they were able to switch me to the King room with Jacuzzi tub. They did not have to do this as it was my mistake but did it anyway, at no extra charge.

Did not get to use the indoor pool or sauna, but looked inside and area appeared to be clean as well. Top it off with the coffee bar in the lobby that is open all day and it was a great experience. Will stay again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Country Inn & Suites Absecon? Share your experiences!