“Nice, Clean and Comfortable Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book a Business Package
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Galloway
Scotch Plains, New Jersey
“Nice, Clean and Comfortable Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I stayed at this hotel December 28, 2012. I chose this hotel because of the great reviews and it's location to Story Book Land and Atlantic City Casinos and Board walk. It's like 15 minutes drive to Story Book Land and the same distance to AC. I also like that they do have a hot Jacuzzi tub and indoor pool. This is great during those cold winter days.

The hotel is clean overall, and has all updated furniture and appliances. I stayed in the room with the king bed and whirlpool tub. The room looks gorgeous. It contains a Fridge and microwave and kitchen cupboards and sink. All updated with stainless steel and brand new items. The room comes with a flat screen TV with a variety of channels and all updated new and comfortable furnishings. The carpet looks luxurious and clean. It also has a sofa roll out bed that our toddler utilized. They provided extra clean linen and pillow that makes your sleep comfortable. Breakfast was great, which is a hot breakfast, consisting of waffles (you can make your own waffles), scrambled eggs, sausages, hot baked potatoes, bagels, bread, coffee, tea, and fruits. They do hard boiled eggs and bacon on other days.

There was only one small observation, the manager who was operating the front desk, although polite, seemed just to the point and not too friendly or pleasant. For a front desk in a hotel, staff should try to be pleasant and welcome the guests more warmer and friendlier. However, he's not the only one who works the front desk, therefore, I don't let that bothers me, as I do enjoy my stay, which was comfortable, and they provided everything they needed to provide. I would definitely stay there again when I'm in the area. This is one of the better hotels on White Horse Pike in Galloway, New Jersey.

• Stayed December 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I made a reservation for this hotel and the day I went to check in I was told my reservation was cancelled because I was supposed to be there the night before and I didn't show up. I got it straightened out and stayed there for about a week. When I check out the bill they printed for me was accurate. Days later I looked at my credit card statement and there was a "no show" fee charged to my card for the night they said I was supposed to check in. I called to talk to them about it twice, finally I was told that I would be reimbursed by the manager and it would take several weeks for the refund to appear on my card. 2 months later, still no refund. Just called today to talk to them again, and this time they say they can't refund the charge. Even though it was THEIR mistake that the reservation was made for the wrong day!!! I will be disputing this with my credit card and also will never stay at a Country Inn & Suites again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Congratulations to a REAL HOTEL MANAGER Whose name is DANNY! His staff also deserves a round of applause. Right after Storm Sandy, many residents of the area and some storm restoration personnel were at the hotel. The hotel was completely booked. But yet, there was more than enough food at the free breakfast and the place was very clean. There are only good things to say about this Hotel.
1. The Suite was BIG and CLEAN! The room had a fresh smell.
2. Breakfast was very good.
3. The bed was comfortable.
4. Staff was friendly and kind.
When I come back in the area, I will be sure to stay at this property again.

Room Tip: Go to Goodfellas Restaurant which is down the street from the hotel. Food is great.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Staten Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

I enjoyed making two trips to this hotel. Our first trip we stayed in room 114. Our second trip last weekend we stayed on the 3rd floor with a full kitchen. The staff are very accommodating. They can be very busy when calling over the phone to book a room and may seem a bit antsy but they will answer all of your questions and once you meet the men at the front desk upon arrival they are just cool people.

The pool both trips was clean, I was able to swim laps back and forth. The jacuzzi right next to the pool was "very" relaxing. On our second trip, shortly after our free breakfast, taking a dip in the pool and jacuzzi was simply refreshing. Then, off to the casinos and arcades we went!

Our rooms were clean each time. The beds were very comfortable... I slept like a baby each time.

My 7 year old daughter loves this place. My husband can't complain a bit.

The room sizes are "far" from skimpy like other hotels. My daughter, husband and I played Rugby in the hotel room (we had the rugby equipment, just an example of the size room we were in)

This place is not five star because you can walk in wearing jeans and a t-shirt and be "you" but its also not a three star. The fact that the place is clean and the breakfast is very good and the staff are accommodating, and that they have a nice size pool and hot tub, and the rooms are up to date, and the people walking in the place are from different races with out judgement I give it 4 stars<<< I simply can not complain.

If I'm to be nit picky, the cleaning lady forgot to check the cabinet from the previous people staying in our room which was hard Italian bread.

Another thing I find cute about this place are the kids, for breakfast you will see them in their pj's heading to the elevator to the breakfast room going for the scrambled eggs and cereal (including my own). I myself am guilty for getting breakfast in my pink fleece pj's. But hey, that's what makes this place great. lol :)

Last weekend I saw a young hip couple wearing silk robes, one robe said "Bride" the other said "Groom". That was nice to see.

Over all, I do not plan on experimenting the other hotels nearby because I am happy with Country Inn.

SO,Thanks George, Danny and staff! You guys are cool! We'll see you in a few months.

From: Rachel, Ruth and Hajredin

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
South Beloit, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Hotel is very clean, staff is excellent...would book again? Stayed at hotel down the street was very dirty. So I came to the country inn and they were able to accommodate me. I needed 10 rooms total for 6 weeks and the staff was very nice and made our switch very easy. To say that the rooms were nice was an understatement. The spacious bathrooms along with the jacuzz tubs in all the rooms was great.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Springfield, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Danny takes great care of me each week when I stay for business, through my business we book 3-4 rooms per week for my field tech employee's. Rooms are always ready and super clean!! The Breakfast Bar is a big hit.

I stay 30 to 40 nights per year.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Excellent service, Danny at the front desk treated us like family. Rooms were super clean. Hot breakfast. Large indoor pool and spa. Only 6 miles from Atlantic City. All rooms have a whirlpool tub and a pull out sofa.

Room Tip: All rooms are studio suites
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Country Inn & Suites Absecon? Share your experiences!