“You get what you pay for.” 2 of 5 stars

Crystal Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   346 E White Horse Pike, Galloway, NJ 08205   |
Ranked #9 of 18 hotels in Galloway
jacksonville, nc
“You get what you pay for.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

This is more a motel than a hotel, there are barely any amenities in this facility. Apparently the facilities have been renovated but there was very little done to improve the rooms. The rooms were and slightly unclean. One of our bed’s box spring was breaking and it felt like it could break off completely at any minute. The remote in the room was not sync’d to the tv, we could change channels and volume but we could not turn the tv on and off. There was no iron or ironing board in the room. I had to ask twice for one to be brought to my room but it was never delivered.
Normally this room would sell for little over $40. a day during the week. We paid much more than that since it was during a holiday weekend. At $40 a day I would call it a great deal and would not expect much more than what I found; however, if they are charging over $100 for weekends I would expect much more.
The free breakfast consisted of orange juice, coffee, tea and pastries like doughnuts and turnovers.
What they call a Laundromat is a closet with one machine (washer and drier) which didn’t work.
I would not stay here again unless I am traveling alone and strapped for cash.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

28 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012 via mobile

It was the Memorial Day Weekend. We lived out of state and needed to search the Internet for a place to stay near Atlantic City, NJ. Crystal Inn & Suites advertised through a third party search agent with SPECIAL REDUCED RATES...Saturday's price was listed (5/26 $445.00, Sale price: $244.75) and Sunday's price was listed (5/27 $345.00, Sale price: $189.75). When we arrived that evening in Gallaway, New Jersey we saw the large sign outside stating $40/night...we then realized we were scammed. There must be a law against this type of deception. The Crystal Inn & Suites was clean and no bugs, but a glorified economy motel. We chose a room with a jacuzzi, thinking it would have amenities. The jacuzzi was in the same small room next to the bed. There was no phone in the room. Without a phone in the room made it difficult to contact the office, so we had to use our cell phones. There was no iron, and when we asked for one, we were told there were only three irons...and they were all out! We went back in the morning to see if an iron was returned. The Manager said, HE DID NOT KNOW WHICH ROOMS HAD THE IRONS!!!!

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, PA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

As we entered the room we were hit right away by a wall cigarette smoke. This was thicker than the walls between the rooms. Thin walls, after midnight "conversations" in the next room including plenty of male/female roughhousing and ROTFL action! The bed, which was just a cheapass mattress, shook when the dude next door to us hit the floor. There was no radio in the room to drown out the noise. Which could have been just as well because we did not want to hear other people's radios, too.

I did not feel safe to sleep, as our smoke detector was DISCONNECTED from its power source and dangling from the ceiling, such that it was noticeably disabled.

Pillows were dollar store rejections. They provided absolutely no comfort. Price could not be beat, but the 11am checkout time is extremely inconvenient after the party next door kept us up til four. I am NEVER staying in this filthy fleabag hotel ever again.

Room Tip: make sure you have smoke detectors and maybe a room on the end so that you have half a chance that y...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
East Lansing, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

But once you get in the room, you will see that it's not any better than your typical run down motel. The beds were hard, and smoke detector missing, stains on the carpet, and you can hear everything next door. I'm not going to complain though, I did only pay $21+tax for the room on expedia, so I didn't expect anything more. If I stayed near Atlantic City again on a budget I would go with Harrah's.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

I actually have nothing bad to say about my 3 day stay except the walls need to be thicker as i did not wish to hear my neighbors getting the freak on all night long.. my room was clean, smelled good, no mold or funny smells..the decor is old and out dated but wat do u expect when u pay close to nothing. the staff was friendly as well as the housekeeping staff.. everything in the room worked and i enjoyed my visit..

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Lock Haven, Pennsylvania, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2011

There might not be bed bugs!! But that's the only upside to the hotel! The walls paper thin the sheets had cigarette burns. Mold everywhere... Do not stay here! And no breakfast. Just old coffee. Not to mention how rude the front desk ppl are. My family could not call me at the hotel bc they would not patch them thru due to privacy issues!!

Room Tip: Spend the extra money for quality
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
CHESTER
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

Why is any one still booking rooms here, the bates motel would be better. We booked the Jacuzzi room for our anniversary, the bathroom had mold every where, the toilet paper was out and the room smelled like and old basement. But the worst was yet to come, when we turned down the bed there was a huge yellow stain on the sheets. We were gonna get our freak on but apparently someone beat us to it. We sked for another room and it was worse, we were told they dont give refunds and were offered a 2 hour late check out and were given a set of clean sheets and had to change the linen ourselves. Why would anyone want to stay an additional 2 hours in Hell. I will never stay here again and I have inform the local board of health about the conditions.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Crystal Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!