“It may look nice from the outside..” 3 of 5 stars

Crystal Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   346 E White Horse Pike, Galloway, NJ 08205   |
Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Galloway
East Lansing, Michigan
“It may look nice from the outside..”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

But once you get in the room, you will see that it's not any better than your typical run down motel. The beds were hard, and smoke detector missing, stains on the carpet, and you can hear everything next door. I'm not going to complain though, I did only pay $21+tax for the room on expedia, so I didn't expect anything more. If I stayed near Atlantic City again on a budget I would go with Harrah's.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Prince George, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

I actually have nothing bad to say about my 3 day stay except the walls need to be thicker as i did not wish to hear my neighbors getting the freak on all night long.. my room was clean, smelled good, no mold or funny smells..the decor is old and out dated but wat do u expect when u pay close to nothing. the staff was friendly as well as the housekeeping staff.. everything in the room worked and i enjoyed my visit..

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Lock Haven, Pennsylvania, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2011

There might not be bed bugs!! But that's the only upside to the hotel! The walls paper thin the sheets had cigarette burns. Mold everywhere... Do not stay here! And no breakfast. Just old coffee. Not to mention how rude the front desk ppl are. My family could not call me at the hotel bc they would not patch them thru due to privacy issues!!

Room Tip: Spend the extra money for quality
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
CHESTER
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

Why is any one still booking rooms here, the bates motel would be better. We booked the Jacuzzi room for our anniversary, the bathroom had mold every where, the toilet paper was out and the room smelled like and old basement. But the worst was yet to come, when we turned down the bed there was a huge yellow stain on the sheets. We were gonna get our freak on but apparently someone beat us to it. We sked for another room and it was worse, we were told they dont give refunds and were offered a 2 hour late check out and were given a set of clean sheets and had to change the linen ourselves. Why would anyone want to stay an additional 2 hours in Hell. I will never stay here again and I have inform the local board of health about the conditions.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011 via mobile

The air conditioner was broken. Tv cut on and off. Sink was stopped up. The hotel had an iron for the whole hotel. Service was below standards. Continental breakfast was donuts, danish weak coffee.

• Stayed August 2011
Kanata, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

We booked this hotel on line, looking for a reasonably priced hotel outside of Atlantic City. It must have been a busy week-end, as it was a challenge to find a reasonably priced hotel. This one had fair reviews so we went for it, but all that was left was a 'luxury room' with jacuzzi tub. I'm certain that we were over charged! The hotel staff was rude and unpleasant, when available at all (not much, that is).
The room had an awful smell, and the jacuzzi was so filthy we avoided using it the two nights we stayed. I would have booked a different hotel if we had not already paid in advance.
It would be a real stretch to call this a luxury room. The towels were so rough and uncomfortable, we used our own during the stay. The continental breakfast, was not even available one morning, and the coffee maker was not working the next.
I'd definitely give this one a pass.

Room Tip: don't bother with the 'luxury suite', it is not worth the extra money
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel overnight for a shore trip in Ocean City NJ. We were happy to find that the staff was pleasant, check in was easy, and we got more than what we paid for in room quality!

I must admit when looking for a hotel in the Absecon area, bed bugs were my first concern.(You can go to BedBugRegistry.com to see if your hotel of choice has had an outbreak, VERY useful site! Crystal Inn & Suites had no reports!) Upon check in (even before we unloaded our things into the room) I did a thorough sweep to see if there were any bed bugs. (stripping the bed of linens, lifting the mattress focusing on the corners and checking under the headboard, and even in the corners of the room going through everything with a fine toothed comb)
We had NO bed bug problems! :)

Bed was comfy and quiet, no squeaks or creaks. More than enough drawer and storage room, microwave, 4.6 cubic foot refrigerator, flat screen TV with DVD capable plug ins, and even though we had a smoking room when we arrived you could not tell it was a designated smoking room it smelled so clean!

The maids were outside every time we exited the room (check in, going to dinner, back from the beach etc) accommodating guests needs or cleaning rooms with a smile. There is a continental breakfast served every morning, but as we like to sleep late we slept right through it.

The sign outside boasted that this hotel was under new management and you can tell they strive to keep prices down and service/quality up! I booked through Expedia and paid 35$ a night! Almost too good to be true, right? I'm happy to say I was proved wrong!

The only thing I can say they could add to the rooms would be better lighting in the bathroom, an iron and ironing board already in the room (you can get those items if you ask front desk) and some travel size lotion (only because I had a raging sunburn and dry skin from the salty ocean).

Other than that, this hotel is DEFINITELY worth the stay! Happy booking! :)

Room Tip: Lower levels are quiet even when room above you is occupied
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Crystal Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!