“Great for the price ,but not the best!” 4 of 5 stars

Relax Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   739 S 2nd Ave, Galloway, NJ 08205-9542   |
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Galloway
Québec (ville), Canada
“Great for the price ,but not the best!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Very good value but for those who want little more luxery is not the best! The room is very old and not renovated and there was stain on the bed. Despite all I was not disappointed for this price. Excellent place to stay one or two night.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Highland Park, New Jersey, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I stayed here because I had a half marathon in Atlantic City and I wanted a reasonable place. The place was clean but I wouldn't stay here again. My husband didn't like my choice but I was trying to save money. You get what you pay for...

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Pennsville, New Jersey, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I stayed here July 19th 2013 for one night. The first problem we found was when we went to turn on the whirl pool tub the cold water handle came off. We reported it to the manager and he came back with a screw driver to "fix it", we had to use that to turn the water on and off. Second problem, we learned the hard way that the air conditioner leaked. We had placed shoes on that side and they were soaked by the time we were ready to go out that night. Third problem, the hair dryer only works for 3 to 5 min then shuts off. After a few minutes it does come back on, but still an issue when you are trying to enjoy your stay. The mirror in the bathroom was cracked, the door had a hole in it. When I went to check out I advised them of all the problems and was told sorry please visit us again. I don't think so!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I stayed overnight on 6/22. We specifically requested this room for the whirlpool tub. The carpet had a burn mark from an iron. Nothing in the room matched...blue indoor/outdoor furniture, brown plaid chair, multicolor bed spread that looked like it needed to be washed. I tried to turn on the whirlpool and the faucet came off in my hand. I reported it to the manager who told me that it had just happened the night before. No offer was made to fixtit or compensate me. When I asked the manager he told me that he was being nice by giving me that room. I told him we had requested that room and had to go get my paperwork to prove it. After arguing back and forth I did receive a small credit back. Also lots of plane noises from AC airport. Not worth the trouble!

• Stayed June 2013
bronxville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

I stayed over one night on my way out of AC after the July 4 fireworks. I had made reservations weeks in advance. The traffic was so bad that I didn't arrive until 11 pm. I did call ahead a few times on the way and Raj at the front desk waited for me. The room was well-kept, clean, comfortable and homey at the same time. It is right near the GSP so getting home was a breeze. The room has a microwave, fridge, TV and jacuzzi. I inspect houses for a living, so trust me on this! It is on motel row well away from the boardwalk, best for arriving or leaving. The majority of my stay was at a large casino resort with jitney access to the boardwalk. Single, female, over 50, traveled alone. Left the windows open at night! Nice and quiet, too -- you won't be disturbed by traffic. I did hear my neighbors once or twice, but nothing out of the ordinary. Ask for a non-smoking room.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Nutley, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

I have been to the Relax Inn many times before. It was a great place once. Now there is a new Pakistani owner and front desk person. Both yelled at me constantly. I was given a room with a broken refrigerator which must work since I have food allergies. I was told by owner to get out if I do not like the room. But when I said I would be contacting TRIP ADVISOR, the owner showed me a different room upstairs. I had originally asked for a ground floor room, because I am a senior citizen and had a heavy bag to lug. The owner yelled at me that he is not my slave. So I had to lug it upstairs myself. When I went downstairs to tell them they would not have to service my room tomorrow (I was staying two days), but I needed a coffee package and a set of towels, the desk clerk yelled at me that I would not get them because they are only for people who pay more for the room. SO HOTLINE CUSTOMERS BEWARE. This ownership is so cheap, I would not be surprised if I get bedbugs. STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!!!! NEW OWNERSHIP RUINED A REALLY GREAT ATLANTIC CITY MOTEL.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

The first issue I had with the motel was when the desk clerk tried to get me to pay an additional $25 for no specific reason (he was Indian, and his accent was too strong for me to understand much). I told him I would not pay it as I had paid in full already. He finally agreed to let it go. When I went to the room the first thing that hit me was the overpowering stale smoke smell! I went out to buy a strong air freshener- but it didn't help much. Other issues included drains that went down extremely slowly and the toilet shut-off float was broken (so it was always running- I had to turn off the water supply). I would not recommend this place.

Room Tip: stay somewhere else.