“Pleasantly Surprised” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 18 hotels in Galloway
bronxville
“Pleasantly Surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

I stayed over one night on my way out of AC after the July 4 fireworks. I had made reservations weeks in advance. The traffic was so bad that I didn't arrive until 11 pm. I did call ahead a few times on the way and Raj at the front desk waited for me. The room was well-kept, clean, comfortable and homey at the same time. It is right near the GSP so getting home was a breeze. The room has a microwave, fridge, TV and jacuzzi. I inspect houses for a living, so trust me on this! It is on motel row well away from the boardwalk, best for arriving or leaving. The majority of my stay was at a large casino resort with jitney access to the boardwalk. Single, female, over 50, traveled alone. Left the windows open at night! Nice and quiet, too -- you won't be disturbed by traffic. I did hear my neighbors once or twice, but nothing out of the ordinary. Ask for a non-smoking room.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

78 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Nutley, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

I have been to the Relax Inn many times before. It was a great place once. Now there is a new Pakistani owner and front desk person. Both yelled at me constantly. I was given a room with a broken refrigerator which must work since I have food allergies. I was told by owner to get out if I do not like the room. But when I said I would be contacting TRIP ADVISOR, the owner showed me a different room upstairs. I had originally asked for a ground floor room, because I am a senior citizen and had a heavy bag to lug. The owner yelled at me that he is not my slave. So I had to lug it upstairs myself. When I went downstairs to tell them they would not have to service my room tomorrow (I was staying two days), but I needed a coffee package and a set of towels, the desk clerk yelled at me that I would not get them because they are only for people who pay more for the room. SO HOTLINE CUSTOMERS BEWARE. This ownership is so cheap, I would not be surprised if I get bedbugs. STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!!!! NEW OWNERSHIP RUINED A REALLY GREAT ATLANTIC CITY MOTEL.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

The first issue I had with the motel was when the desk clerk tried to get me to pay an additional $25 for no specific reason (he was Indian, and his accent was too strong for me to understand much). I told him I would not pay it as I had paid in full already. He finally agreed to let it go. When I went to the room the first thing that hit me was the overpowering stale smoke smell! I went out to buy a strong air freshener- but it didn't help much. Other issues included drains that went down extremely slowly and the toilet shut-off float was broken (so it was always running- I had to turn off the water supply). I would not recommend this place.

Room Tip: stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Union City, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I didn't know what to expect & was surprised to see a whirl pool when I walked in, but after examining the room further I knew I wasn't going to be using the whirl pool. The towels were a lovely shade of grey and the other was white. One that was suppose to be the bath towel looked like the towel that you wipe your feet on the floor. The bed while it was nicely made, when I turned down the blanket there were black lint on the sheets which meant the blanket was dirty / in need of a washing. I didn't think the decor was good either but it didn't claim to be the Ritz. I think with clean towels, clean or new blankets and an upgrade on the general decor of the room it would get a 5.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thomson, Ga USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Had an emergency trip to NJ. Checked around and found this nice little hotel.

Nice price, and you get essentially what you get at similar hotels, a room, with a bathroom, comfortable bed (extremely so) and a nice staff.

The bed passed the UV light test, the room was clean and the TV worked well. Free Internet allows you to complete work while relaxing.

The coffee maker is full size, and since my experience has been hotel coffee is a bit light, I bring my own coffee. Bathrooms are in a separate room from the sink so one person using the bathroom does not prevent others from getting ready.

To be honest I recently paid $80 for a similar accommodations in Athens,Ga.

The continental breakfast is the typical Danish/ bagel affair, but its more than satisfied my need, I usually bring yogurt for my breakfast.

So final word, clean (very difficult to find many times) nice friendly staff, comfortable bed and room. Is it the Ritz with swimming pools bars and an expensive restaurant/bar? No. But I don't really look for anything like that, ....plus the price was fantastic (Kayak) .

Room Tip: It's a comfy clean room, nice 24 hour staff and good deal.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I went two minutes over my checkout time. The manager charged me for a full hour. He was very arrogant and inconsiderate. As for the room, it is quite old and quite dirty. So many other choices in the area. Definitely not coming back.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Highland, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Great place, the bed was comfortable, jaccuzi was my favorite :-) the only thing that I didn't like was there was no outlets in the room, one in the bathroom right over sink for the hair dryer and one by the main door, had to charge everything on the floor. Overal it was a great place at a great price, clean, friendly people, very quite. We were room 207 on top floor

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Relax Inn? Share your experiences!