“Great place!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Galloway
Highland, New York, United States
“Great place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Great place, the bed was comfortable, jaccuzi was my favorite :-) the only thing that I didn't like was there was no outlets in the room, one in the bathroom right over sink for the hair dryer and one by the main door, had to charge everything on the floor. Overal it was a great place at a great price, clean, friendly people, very quite. We were room 207 on top floor

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Charlotte, NC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

If you don't want to splurge for an A.C. casino hotel, you have virtually unlimited choices on Routes 30 and 40, from the Garden State Parkway to the boardwalk. I booked the Relax Inn last weekend, purely on the basis of its being the highest rated tripadvisor motel for the least money. That was a mistake. Whether the outstanding reviews were in violation of tripadvisor's policy or whether they were honest reviews by people who are truly clueless, it is in no way above the lowest level of motel. There are many better choices to be had in the same price range.

Literally in the shadow of the GS Parkway, the Relax Inn is about as far from the casinos as possible. That means you have to drive 10 miles, half of which is a gauntlet of traffic lights and hotel/motel/restaurant entrances. All that to arrive at a small (16 units or so), exterior entrance, in-wall air conditioned, basic unit. While the room is fairly large (I had 2 queen beds), the sink was in the main room (not on a hidden entrance to the toilet, as is usual) and as for claims of "quiet," I heard my neighbor's television all night long. As another traveler reported, everything was unplugged, so the room took a while to warm up to a comfortable level. The bedding is old style (sheet and bedspread, no comforter or even blanket. As for the included breakfast, it was only served 8 AM to 9:30 AM, and food had to be taken back to the room -- there is no breakfast area. I had a donut and small muffin; both were the standard institutional fare that come frozen and are defrosted. Certainly not the same as a local bakery product! A much better choice in my opinion is the Comfort Inn in Absecon. Only 4 miles from the casinos, that property is separated by a causeway and bay, so you do not have to go through the congested stretch as you do with the Relax Inn. Breakfast was better, had longer hours, and you actually had a place to sit and eat.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Wildwood Crest, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

We live in cape may county, and were evacuated last year and again this year due to hurricanes. We were just looking for a clean, inexpensive place to stay. I found Relax Inn on the internet and decided to take a chance. When I called the staff were very friendly and helpful. We also have a small dog which they allowed us to bring with us. The rooms are VERY clean, no bedbugs, small fridge in room and also microwave. The outside of the property is just as clean as the inside. I can't emphasize enough how friendly the staff are. It appears to be a family run hotel. This last time we stayed, I was thrilled when we walked in the room and there was a jacuzzi!! Not a tiny dirty one, but very large and immaculatly clean!! I would HIGHLY reccomend this hotel to everyone. Atlantic City is just down the road, and there are many nice restaurants in the area. Why pay a fortune to stay at a casino, when you can stay here for half the price and probably get a nicer room. Again, I can't say enough about what a nice place this is!!!! Thank you

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Tobyhanna, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I have stayed on this in many different motels in this area of rt 30 and this hotel is by far the best. It rooms are very clean and the area is very quiet. It is a very good value especially on Sunday thru Thursday. The staff if very friendly. Highly recommend for a very experienced traveler in this area near AC.

Room Tip: Stayed in both first and second floor and both rooms very nice.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Wilmington, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

The Relax Inn is clean, comfortable, quiet and economical. If you are coming through or staying here to be near work this is a nice place that you will happy with. Many people I work with like to stay here. It is close to nice restaurants. I like that Denny's is nearby and open 24/7 so that I can eat when I like to eat.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Carbondale, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

My husband and I stayed there for our honeymoon. Have absolutely no complaints. Service was great, very friendly and very professional. Great price!!!, The room we stayed in was very clean and as was the outside of the building. The 2 men inside were awesome and very helpful with anything we needed or had questions about. Close to AC and Ocean City, Loved that we werent staying on the main road so it was pretty quiet for its location. The continental breakfast was nice, the rooms ac worked great and was quiet, the jucuzzi was a +++. I seen some comments on here about stains on the towels, and from personal expierence, our towels had no stains, but if you drape your towels over the curtain rod you will get a yellowish mark from where the rod meets in the middle, so that may be why there were stains. But we could not be happier with where we stayed and the service we got for such a great price. Will definatly be bringing the kids down and staying here again!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

We stayed in one of the rooms on the second floor. First we were happy to find comfortable room but upon looking around we found our bed linen not changed from previous guests. The mattress had huge dried up stain covering almost half of the mattress. It did look like a urine stain. Why to keep dirty mattress like that. If management reading this review, do something, buy a new mattress so guests do not feel disgusted. The only thing was good is the close proximity to AC and reasonable price.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Relax Inn? Share your experiences!