“Great Service!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Galloway
Cairns, Australia
“Great Service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

My boyfriend and I chose to stay here for a week in March, we then returned the following week as we really enjoyed our stay and the service we received from Jay & staff.
The rooms were a good size, clean and had some nice extras you don't normally see in a standard hotel room. Extras like rocking chair, decent coat hangers, floss and toothbrush.
We stayed in 2 different rooms, the first one had a large flat screen tv which was a nice bonus.
Unfortunately the only thing that wasn't suitable for us with this property was the wifi. We rely on it and it just wasn't consistent. Jay and staff were very obliging in trying to fix the problem even offering to contact their IT person to sort it out, which we very much appreciated but it just wasn't practical for us.
We have been travelling around the country for sometime now and it was very nice to feel like our business was appreciated.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

I have stayed at many places in galloway,absecon,atlantic city, but this one stands out as much better than most. Very clean, quiet, and inexpensive. We even got upgraded to suite at no extra cost.

Room Tip: Near North bound entrance to Garden State Parkway
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Hamilton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

On a recent over night trip to Galloway we spent one relaxing night at Relax Inn after searching TA for a review chose Relax Inn and was VERY happy with our choice. Very clean accommodations and the king size bed was very comfy much like ours at home. Nice quiet location. Breakfast was included. Pleasant office staff. We would not hesitate to return again.

Room Tip: Ground floor room 106 central location
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Newark, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012

This is the 2nd time my husband and I stayed at the Relax Inn. The hotel is really nice, clean and the staff go out of there way to make you feel at home. Jay at the front desk is really nice and friendly. We stayed in the room with the king size bed and the jacuzzi and it was so relaxing and nice. I would recommend anyone to stay at this place. It is off the main highway so nice sleeping at night and very quiet. There are many hotels in this area but this the best by far and the most reasonable for the price. I definitely will be going back to the Relax Inn and I recommend you check it out for yourself you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

This is probably the best place that I have stayed in AC so far. Great customer service and excellent rooms. Location is the best set back from highway and a very peaceful place to stay. Amenities in room far way exceeds any chain hotel amenities or more equivalent. Breakfast was just enough to get a nice jump start of the day. I stayed here for couple nights and maid did a great job whenever I needed to make up my room. Overall I had rockstar stayand will no doubt stay again and again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Galloway, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

I work in Atlantic City and live in Bucks County, so the drive isn't feasible everyday. I've stayed at just about every hotel on Route 30 over the past few years working here. Relax Inn is by far the best place to stay in the Absecon/Galloway area. If you're looking for a place to sleep with a very comfortable bed, this is the place to go. All of the other places have terrible decor, and very dirty rooms. This is not the case with Relax Inn. My bed is made each day and the friendly staff has no problem with giving me extra towels or whatever I need for my stay. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay near the beach and gaming on a budget. It doesn't have the amenities of the casino hotels, however its a wonderful place to sleep with a few rooms equipped with plasma tv's. All of the rooms have microwaves and refrigerators and blazing fast internet that isn't limited like most other hotels.

Room Tip: My favorite room is 101 since I get here early and I get the front parking spot right by my room. Th...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Calistoga, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

ugh! well where to start with this one...First of all, if I decided to go with this hotel this time was because when I looked up the reviews about it - I think here through trip advisor - every one gave it pretty much a five star rating... I was blown away by that!... We planned a trip for New Years eve, and we were going to be in Atlantic City for Friday, December the 30th.... Last time I went to Atlantic City - about a year ago-, I stayed at Rodeway Inn, which is a hotel pretty much across from Relax Inn, but when I checked the availability for Rodeway Inn, it was almost full and it had went up on prices, too bad, I really enjoyed my stayed with them the last time. So I had no choice but to go with Relax Inn, again, due to its great location and the awesome reviews I saw online, PLUS, it was the cheapest motel! we only payed like $35.00!!! for one night!! I could not remember the last time I payed so little to stay in a motel. I didn't want to have to pay a lot of money to stay in the casinos on the board walk, since we were barely going to sleep at all, so yeah.
Anyway, we get there and check in at about 5 pm. and as every time I go to New Jersey, the person in the reception was some foreigner guy that you can barely understand! I hate that!, I think he was indian or something, and it is so frustrated not to be able to communicate with these people!
The place at a first sight looked real pretty from the out side while we were parking. The check in was a breeze, us being the only ones checking in...the receptionist tried to up sell us with some kind of upgrade to a "romantic suite" for 10 more bucks, he said it had jacuzzi and all these other things, but we were not interested, since as I mentioned we will only spend but a few hours to sleep and then we will be out of there.
Then the receptionist guy took us to our room -odd! we never have the receptionist people walking us to a room, but ok...- and then....WTF this Relax Inn place seems to be divided into two complexes...the pretty white one that you see in the pictures on line, and another crappy horrid one right across from it...well, that horrid one was the one where he had our room reserved! I later learned that the pretty one they advertise in the pictures on line is the the one with the "Romantic suites" which costs more money!!... I felt so cheated! I mean, I thought what you see on line is what you get, but NO! I guess 35.00 dollars was too good to be true!... It was so disappointing!...I was mad!.. this crappy complex that I am talking about consisted of something that seemed like some one's house who remodeled it and adapted part of this house for rent...it was the oddest thing we've seen, and we travel all year long to all parts of the USA and have never seen such thing!.
Our room, like I said, seem to be connected to a house, so it there were two rooms to rent; our room and a room next to ours, and the person staying in the room next to ours had a T.V. on and it was loud the whole time. I couldn't sleep very well cause of the loud noise of this person staying next to us, seem like the wall were paper thin!.
The experience in this place was just HORRIBLE!.
Yes, the place is cheap as dirt, no sings of bed bugs, and the location is prime 10 minutes to Atlantic City and located in a block full of restaurants and eateries, and it also has free parking in the spot; BUT OMG!! the room was TINY and peach DARK!....it also had a horrible smell to it!, and only ONE CHANNEL IN THE T.V. worked!! ugh! we were so irritated! thankfully like I said, we were just there to change clothes, make up and back out to the strip!. Trying to put make up on was a torture with the lack of light.
Over all, the room seem clean except for that odd odor I mentioned, but I also noticed that the shower curtain had some red stains, it looked like blood or something. The space for the toilet and the shower were tiny! This is definitely the tiniest room I have ever stayed at!
The heater was also super loud and old, and it was leaking, there was a nasty spot in the carpet from the leaking of the heater. I hate complaining and having to be the one that writes a horror story about this place, but I am going to be hones!...I am, over all, a very easy to please person, I do not ask for much at all when I book hotel rooms, but this place was just a night mare! I am aware it was the cheapest price I have ever payed to stay at a motel, but I thought your room was supposed to be in the white complex they show in the pictures on line!, not someone's home across from the pretty pictures you see on the internet!
In addition to the horror, the power sockets on the walls of this place to plug in your charges for your phone and stuff, were broken, most of them; we had to unplugged the lamps -which made the darkness of this little hole worse!- so that we could charge our phones and camera's batteries.
To sum up, if you want to pay extra to stay in their "romantic suites" then go for it i guess?.. I can not rate those as I didn't stay there, even though that's where they trick you into thinking you will be staying at and then once you get there, you are face with the truth!.
I am very dissapointed in this place and will never stay here again!, again, i feel cheated and lied to.
The next morning when we checked out, another foreigner guy was in the reception, but this one spoke better English and was way nicer, he kept asking if everything was ok and stuff, I felt bad for him, but it was too late, we had already experience the horror of that place, and my mind was already made up about exposing their horridness on line!

Room Tip: we stayed in room 109, stayed the heck away from that crap hole and the room next to it as well!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Relax Inn? Share your experiences!