“Brand spankin new motel with in room jacuzi suites comparable with the tropicana hotel suites.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Relax Inn

Save Saved
You added Relax Inn to your Saves list
Relax Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   739 S 2nd Ave, Galloway, NJ 08205-9542   |
Ranked #3 of 18 hotels in Galloway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011 via mobile

I usually go to Atlantic City once a year to see my mom from Florida and stay at the Tropicana hotel and casino jacuzzi suites. Since I do not gamble no more I decided to find a cheaper place to stay so I can rent a car and it won't break the bank. Since I had the car rental I did not mind looking for a place a couple miles from the boardwalk and was delighted to find Relax Inn. What caught my eye was not only a jacuzzi suite with king size bed but that this motel was newly built in 2010 from the ground up and has two floors with about 12 rooms. Do not pay attention to some of the old pictures and horrible
reviews as that was for the old bed and breakfast house with different owners. When I checked in Jay who is the owners son was so eager to please and gave me everything I was promised. I was a little skeptical as the price was so cheap that I though there would be some caught. When I opened the door to my room I realized it was exactly as he told me on the phone. A big suite with a king size bed, jacuzzi big enough for me and four girls with high pressure jets and a seperate on suite bathroom with a shower and bath tub combo, microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker, tv, iron board and all brand new furniture, fresh towels, soap, shampoo. This place is perfect for one night or a month. Did I not mention a full continental breakfast in the morning at the front desk. About fifteen minutes to Atlantic city or 8 miles via route 30 absecon. This place was clean and awesome and comparable to the Tropicana jacuzzi suite. The only thing that was different is there is no safe in the room but no big deal.

• Stayed June 2011

80 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Bronx, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2011

I recommend the Relax Inn. If You Need anything just Ask Jay the manager, He will make sure you have everything you need to make your stay a very pleasant one. No Complaints. I will book this place again in the future. THIS PLACE GETS FIVE STARS PLUS FROM ME.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2011

I recommend the STANDARD/KING JACUZZI ROOM.

If You Need anything just Ask RAJJU.

No Complaints. I will book this place again in the future.

THIS PLACE GETS FIVE STARS FROM ME.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Potomac, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2011

The Relax Inn was a rare find - there are a lot of budget motels on the White and Black Horse Pikes out of Atlantic City and most of them are poor quality. The Relax Inn is the exception.Friendly and professional staff keep this place in tip-top shape. The motel is newly built with all new fitments. Everything working and clean. Nice and quiet as it is off the main Pike. Safe, easy parking. Fast free Wi-fi and plenty of TV cable channels. Good complimentary breakfast - decent coffee, OJ, fresh milk & fruit, bagels, danish.
Plus great rates - just as good as some of the lesser quality motels along the pike. Highly recommended!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
clinton, ny
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2010

we booked our room through motels.com and needed 3 beds due to traveling with teenagers of opposite sex. the room was spacious and more than adequate to spread out. the owner was very personable. the continental style breakfast buffet fit our needs very well as we left quickly the next morning. we plan to book the same room next month. looking forward to our stay. there was one doorknob that was loose in the bathroom but this would be my only criticism

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2009

booked this inn (translation: motel) because I was travelling with my infant child and I wanted a room that had a separate sleeping area for a baby, so I wouldn't have to go lights-out at 7pm. I booked over the phone about a month in advance, and was quoted a rate of $99 per night for a two bedroom suite, which sounded pretty good. I asked for an email confirmation and was told that "we don't do that, we are a small business." Okay, whatever. That should have been my first sign. When I showed up to check in, the desk clerk found my reservation and said "$120 per night" and when I protested, he shrugged and said he was the one who made the reservation, and it was never $99. Pardon me sir, but I can aurally detect the difference between $99 and $120. I should have turned around and drove to any of the other dozens of hotels within a mile or two of this place, but tired and traveling with a baby in serious need of a nap, I sucked it up but I felt like they were dishonest from the get-go.

Our room was right over the check-in area. We walked up an exterior staircase, having to step over piles of dirty towels on the landing that pretty much stayed there all day. Our room? On the plus side: it was big, with a more than adequate additional bedroom for the baby. The a/c worked well. It was quiet. On the downside: it wasn't really clean. There were urine sprinkles and pubic hair along the toilet rim. There was no soap in the bathoom. The beds were super-soft. There was no functioning remote control for the television. We made do, planning to stay there only one night.

The next morning, we were told that breakfast (continental) was served in a different building adjacent to the motel, starting at 8am. Even though 8am is really late for a baby, we waited. We walked over at 8:05 and as we entered the building, one of the workers told us to leave, and come back in 20 minutes. I said "but you said 8am yesterday" and he said "no, it's not ready." I don't think he understood English very well (which is meant as no offense to hardworking immigrants trying to assimilate, but seems essential in a customer service position). We walked around the parking lot for 20 minutes, steaming mad. When we went back, we encountered an awkward scenario. The continental breakfast was served at the owner's dining room table, which had about 6 chairs in a tiny room for the dozen or so people clamoring for breakfast. We grabbed a few donuts out of the box and went back to the parking lot. The donuts (of the store-brand boxed variety) were stale. We had enough: we packed and hit the road. I always leave a housekeeping tip but I was so disgusted by this whole experience, I didn't this time.

I'm not sure why these owners, who clearly have no idea how to make people feel comfortable, go into the "hospitality" business. They have a long way to go.

Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
phila
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2008

My husband and i stayed at my uncles house Excuse me I mean the relax inn in July. Our stay was harendous!!! There is no sound proofing, someone tried to enter our room, and breakfast consisted of small boxed cereal and small donuts w/ instant coffee. Plus you must remove your shoes at the door. What non-sense. I do not reccommend staying here.

• Liked — leaving
  • Disliked — management
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Relax Inn? Share your experiences!