“Ard Na Cuiuin” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ard Na Ciuin

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ballyduff
Ard Na Ciuin
You added Ard Na Ciuin to your Saves list
Toornageeha, Ballyduff ROI 123, Ireland   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Ballyduff B&B and Inns
Cardiff
“Ard Na Cuiuin”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Spent a very restful night here and hope to return.
It felt like we were staying in a 5 star hotel!
Lynnette very welcoming and made sure we had everything we needed. Breakfast was excellent and my husband enjoyed the homemade pancakes!
There is a lovely kitchen which guests can use if they want to make their own meals/ snacks
The view from the hot tub was superb and a fantastic place to relax after a busy day.
Lismore is a short drive away

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

My partner and I with our 8 month old son came to Ard na Ciuin because of a TV spot showing the Swimming Lessons provided here. I was blown away upon arrival because though the pictures of the property on the website are good, they do not do the house justice. It is stunning and is so far more than a mere guesthouse/B&B that it is almost insulting to label it as such. Large spacious en suite room upstairs had 1 double and 2 single beds and still plenty of room to add a travel cot so nothing seemed cramped. A large bathroom with spacious walk in shower and bathtub was bliss. Across the landing was the shared kitchenette with sink, stove, microwave, toaster and fridge. Breakfast every morning was delicious and well presented, and with several selections, I was able to have a different breakfast every morning.We had dinner there 2 of the nights, lasagna first and Pizza second ... both were excellent because both Lynnette and Trevor are great cooks! We will be back again, not simply because Ard na Ciuin was great, but simply because there was so much to see in this part of the country that we simply couldn't get to it all!!

Room Tip: upstairs family room has the best views of the countryside and is right across the landing from the...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Warm and entertaining hosts, beautiful situation on the top of a hill, convenient to a surprising number of places no more than half an hour away, e.g. Youghal, Dungarvan, Lismore, Fermoy, Middleton, Clonmel, also right beside (well, nearly beside) the charming village of Ballyduff, whose inhabitants were super-helpful to us when we had bike problems. Rooms are lovely and the place is spotlessly clean. Trevor and Lynette never seem to rest, they keep looking for something new to do, so on top of their farm of Saddleback pigs, Dexter cows, hens and geese, plus a few dogs, they have added a swimming school with their super instructor Treacy in their small but “endless” pool, where thanks to a current-maker you can swim “on the spot” and apparently many fearful have become swimmers. Bring your bikes as there are lots of nice cycles (as well as walks) in the woods behind the house, but DO NOT make the mistake of cycling to the bottom of the hill unless you’re a triathlonist, as you may not get back up again! Breakfasts are delicious with fruits, cereals, yogurts as well as a wide choice of freshly-cooked food, dinners are simple but tasty and good value, bring your own wine. Can’t wait to visit again!

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Penguinville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Ard Na Ciuin is situated on the top of a hill, giving it unparalleled views of the area. It is a beautiful spot and I am sad that we did not have the time to stop for longer.

Unlike some other B&Bs in Ireland the shower was spacious and the water pressure second to none. The room was large and well appointed.

Lynette and Trevor were gracious hosts - a small problem with the heating was rectified immediately once they were notified. The breakfast was lovely and included fresh muffins - there was even vegemite available for Australians who may be missing it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

I've just had a wonderful time at Ard Ciuin. My stay was to attend their 5-day intensive swimming course. This involved a one-hour private swimming class each morning, followed by an hour's practice later in the day, followed by a divine soak in their outdoor hot (really hot!) tub. The food was really good. Super breakfasts and absolutely delicious dinners each evening of my stay. The hosts, Lynette and Trevor were so nice. My room was lovely.I really have nothing but praise for Ard Ciuin and would highly recommend it. it's in a very peaceful location too. And best of all, I can now swim! At last.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Essex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Recently returned from a four-night family holiday at Ard Na Ciuin.

Trevor and Lynette were both extremely welcoming and couldn't do enough to have made our stay any better. The accommodation was ideal, extremely clean and nicely decorated. Breakfast was brilliant - by far the best 'fry up' we've had - and was followed each day by delicious homemade banana and chocolate chip muffins or oat biscuits.

Although out in the sticks, the guesthouse is situated just minutes away from Ballyduff, with Lismore and Fermoy each a little further on so there's plenty around to keep you occupied. Trevor was also more than helpful with his directions!

All of us, aged from 3 up to 83, loved our stay and would highly recommend to couples or families looking to enjoy Ireland.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

Just home from a week in ard na ciuin, myself and my friend did the swimming course, i had a fear of qater and have tried to learn for years but could not get past a certain point. I would reccomend this course to anyone who wants to learn to swim, i was amazed at myself and how far i came, there were good days and bad days but with tracey (swimming instructor) by my side helping me every step and pushing me at just the right time i got there in the end, also the encouragement from lynette and trevour in the house each evening and morning kept me going and i have learned how you can do anything once you put your mind to it :).
The home made food was to die for, we were so made to feel right at home. I am booking to go back down for my birthday in the summer for one of the hot tub partys. Highly reccomend ard na ciuin, amazing things happen when you stay there ;)). I have come home well rested, relaxed and with a new found confidence and have made new friends :).

• Stayed March 2013

Been to Ard Na Ciuin? Share your experiences!