“Our wedding” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cranage Hall

You added Cranage Hall to your Saves list
Cranage Hall
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Byley Lane | Holmes Chapel, Cranage, Holmes Chapel CW4 8EW, England   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cranage
Warrington, United Kingdom
“Our wedding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

My husband and I had our wedding at Cranage Hall last Saturday and I can honestly say all the staff went above and beyond to make sure our day was amazing. We booked the wedding 2 years ago and since then I have been in contact with our wedding co ordinator Rachel on a regular basis. I can't speak highly enough of her, she has been so very helpful with all of my questions, requests etc. Dealing with her really did make the whole organising of the wedding that much easier :0)

On the day our Master of Ceremonies was David, who again, could not have done more for us, he definately saw that everything ran smoothly.

The food was delicious, lots of our guests have commented on it, and we had a couple of guests with specific dietary requirements at the wedding breakfast, the chef did a fantastic job in catering for them. We had a hog roast on in the evening and that went down a storm too.

To sum up, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Cranage as a Wedding venue. It is beautiful, the staff are incredibly helpful, the food was fantastic and all our guest thoroughly enjoyed themselves. What else could you ask for?!

Room Tip: We had the suite, room 300. It was fantastic!!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
rjm499, Manager at Cranage Hall, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Katie H, Congratulations! & thank you for the amazing support and feedback.
Your amazing comments have truly inspired the team, as we continue our
vision to create a truly unique venue. Thank you for highlighting Rachel and David,
I know they were certainly inspired by your comments.

Were delighted all your guests enjoyed the occasion and thank you
once again for choosing Cranage Hall.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Richard Mansell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
derbyshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

We bought an excellent deal which included evening meal, breakfast and tickets to Tatton Hall. Everything was first class. The room was lovely and the food was of a very good standard. We would particularly like to praise the staff who all seemed to be local, young and very well trained. Nothing was too much trouble. Would definitely recommend!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
rjm499, Manager at Cranage Hall, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
pudsey1234,
Great to see you had such a good time at Cranage Hall!
Thank you for highlighting the local team here. We are so
proud of our local team here at Cranage and know that we are truly
blessed to have such amazing people within our local community.

We look forward to seeing you again
Redditch
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

I always read reviews before I book a hotel and they were mixed for Cranage Hall but we gave it a go. I felt I needed to air my thoughts as I was definitely left deflated after my stay at Cranage Hall.
I decided to stay and upon leaving the hotel, my comment to my partner was' won't be coming back here again' which is disappointing. This hotel does not deserve a 4 star rating compared to many others that I have stayed in especially in the North West.
The reception & some of the restaurant staff are just going through the motions at this hotel and have no customer service skills or the desire to make this hotel welcoming.
In fact upon checking out, they didn't even have the courtesy to ask if we had had a nice stay.
Appearance of the hotel is shabby in my opinion with house keeping of a poor standard and the layout comical.
Restaurant - The evening meal in the restaurant was nice enough to be fair and the general service to the table was fine, although the young staff need some guidance on how to deal with guests questions. Drinks are overpriced and paper napkins are an insult.
Breakfast was ok, but again for a 4 star hotel it was very basic and had a shabby feel to its layout and presentation.
Room - Size was adequate although many modern premier inns are bigger. The Bed was big and comfortable although the pillars were tiny. The sound proofing is non existent and ever bang from other rooms can be heard, along with muffled conversations. Room was clean on appearance but they just don't seem capable of dusting on pictures, door frames, mirrors, behind TV and in the bathroom, and I only say this as it was caked on all of these. A toilet roll holder half hanging off the wall, doesn't say 4 star but more like a run down travelodge. Also the TV was a portable which looked like it had been wheeled into a hospital side room which had basic channel choice. The tea & coffee tray was buried in the wardrobe with no lighting or even a socket to plug it into. Instead you have to carry it all to the other side of the room and put it on the writing desk to plug it in. Also there was no option to lower or increase the temperature of the room. It was just hot.
In General, the room was very poor for a hotel that boasts 4 stars and although repeating myself, I would have been better off in a modern Premier Inn.
As for the layout of the hotel, it has a small part of the old building where you enter for reception, then it forces you to walk miles to get to the unimaginative add on to the hotel which completely loses the character of the hotel. Once checked in you have to walk through corridor after corridor to get round to the accommodation which includes walking through a wedding party on route. To get to the restaurant you have to battle through whatever party is going on as the guests are all congregated in the lobby area ordering drinks at the their so called private bar.
The leisure facilities are fine, with a decent sized basic pool, jacuzzi, steam & sauna room. There is also a separate gym and games room, which is situated at the one side of the hotel, away from the accommodation, changing rooms however have no facility for private changing should anyone want this, and the restricted policy for kids makes this hotel generally unwelcoming for families.
In summary I would not go back here as the hotel is just not that nice for a relaxed pampering weekend break in some luxury and welcoming environment for couples or families ,but I guess ok for party nights where the guests just have somewhere to get their head down after their night celebrating.
To summarize, the hotel is in desperate need for some strong management and some financial backing to dramatically improve it's look, style and quality.
If looking for the North West/Cheshire Carden Park is worlds ahead of this hotel. - Sorry Cranage Hall but that's my genuine thoughts after a disappointing choice of hotel on my behalf.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel for a more relaxed night sleep, although beds are comfortable, the hotel is...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
rjm499, Manager at Cranage Hall, responded to this review, March 8, 2014
CraigG,
I am truly sorry you had a disappointing experience.
As an avid TA subscriber, you will know over the past 12 months
we have received many wonderful comments and support regarding
our unique venue, however on this occasion it appears your stay
falls short of the level of experience which we aspire to provide to all of our guests.

I am disappointed to read that many aesthetic parts of the venue did not suit your needs
or aspirations and am equally saddened, that I did not have the opportunity
to meet you prior to departure to discuss your grievances noted.
We endeavour to provide a relaxing value for money environment for all of our
guests and strive to fulfil all of our guests needs via great customer service.

I appreciate your honest feedback, as its vital information like this that helps us create excellence. We are continuing to strive to make Cranage a very special venue.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

just had my daughter's wedding at Crannage Hall 01l03 and could not have asked for more. From the Wedding Coordinator to the big day the service was excellent. Both the wedding breakfast and evening buffet food was exceptional and the staff helpful, polite and very professional. A special mention about the Master of Ceremony who made the whole wedding go smoothly and took us through the whole day without a hitch. Would definately recommend the hotel to anyone wanting a venue to host their special day.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
rjm499, Manager at Cranage Hall, responded to this review, March 8, 2014
susanb,
Thank you for the amazing review and recommendation of Cranage Hall
Glad to see everyone at the wedding had such an amazing time and that
your daughter left with such great memories of her special day.

Thank you for the support and please come back and see us again soon.

Cheshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

Hotel prices are quite reasonable as they can include breakfast. And I have to say breakfast here is extremely good, best I've had from a Full English perspective.
Spa is pretty good, if a little cramped in the change rooms and jacuzzi, but they give you towels which is nice.
Rooms are fine.
We were there for a wedding and they seemed to do a good job of that also.
Why not 5 stars?? Well is damn annoying they charge so much for drinks...

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
rjm499, Manager at Cranage Hall, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
wattos,
Thanks for the amazing comments regarding the best
breakfast you've ever had.....
Glad you enjoyed so much!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

The receptionist staff were very helpful and overall the service was to a good standard. The bar menu was adequate and at a fair price. The bedroom was clean but the furnishings are now starting to look a little worn. Overall a good stay for the price I paid..

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
rjm499, Manager at Cranage Hall, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
smoulson1234, Thanks for the review.
Glad you found us value for money and that you
had a good time.

Come back and see us again soon

Cheshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

Were recently attended a Wedding and included an overnight stay. The hotel is very well run, the staff are extremely helpful and friendly. The rooms are of a good standard and comfortable. We used the spa and swimming pool. The areas were very clean, there is free use of towels and shower gel available in the change areas. The wedding was wonderful, the receptions rooms are beautiful. the grounds are well maintained and great for photos. Breakfast the following morning was plentiful and lots of variety. The drinks however were very expensive which was a shame. Overall a lovely stay and would recommend for a Wedding or short stay for couples and families.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
rjm499, Manager at Cranage Hall, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
macc girl, Thank you for sharing your comments and feedback.
Great to see you had an amazing time at Cranage Hall and that
the wedding was such a success. I am appreciative of you highlighting
our amazing team here at the venue. We certainly could not do it
without them all...
Thank you for the feedback regarding the beverage pricing. We regularly
review our pricing structure to ensure we provide value over our competitors,
and receiving this feedback allows us to avoid future disappointment.
Once again thank you for staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you
back soon.

Richard Mansell

Been to Cranage Hall? Share your experiences!