“Excellent, Excellent, Excellent!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cranage Hall

You added Cranage Hall to your Saves list
Cranage Hall
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Byley Lane | Holmes Chapel, Cranage, Holmes Chapel CW4 8EW, England   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cranage
Lancashire
“Excellent, Excellent, Excellent!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

One night stay prior to Wife going to a training session at Cranage Hall - rooms are large and comfortable... leisure facilities are sumptuous... we will most certainly be back... shortly!!! I cannot see how reviewers can compare this to a Premier Inn... I don't know what Premier Inns they have stayed in but the rooms at Cranage Hall are certainly four star standard!

rjm499, Manager at Cranage Hall, responded to this review, November 9, 2013
paulnpaula, Wow, Wow, Wow - what amazing feedback....Thank you so much for your support and positivity! The team were thrilled to see you enjoyed our unique conference venue so much and we look forward to welcoming you back to Cranage Hall soon.

Richard Mansell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Buckland Newton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

Pleasant clean nice rooms yet the bulk of hotel is a modern annexe and little soulless. All staff great and helpful. Restaurant more a coffee shop with limited menu although actually nicely cooked. Breakfast very expensive buffet style. Our room had slight murmur of M6 about half a mile away, noticeable in early hours.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
rjm499, Manager at Cranage Hall, responded to this review, November 9, 2013
valethatch, Thank you for sharing your feedback with the TA community.
Glad you enjoyed your flying visit to our conference venue - hope you get the chance to stay again soon

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

Just arrived back from Cranage hall, we just went for a 2 night child free chill out. Very good, friendly service & nice clean rooms. The pool & gym are very nice & the decor is a nice mix of modern/ boutique. Drinks are expensive but only as expected & the tv in our room only had a few random channels but that's not what you go for!

• Stayed November 2013
rjm499, Manager at Cranage Hall, responded to this review, November 9, 2013
kate c, Great to see you had such a relaxing time - you have to enjoy those children free nights away when you can! Come back and see us again soon

Carlisle, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Went here with my partner after finding it on a last minute type of site. The cost was obviously more than reasonable which did make me wonder what it would be like but the pictures looked lovely and so it was.

The room was very comfortable and had everything we needed. The view over the fields made us feel at home (we live in the country) and the breakfast was good too.

With the location near so many major towns and places to visit this is definitely call in and stay again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
rjm499, Manager at Cranage Hall, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
SEM1983, Thank you for your comments.
Glad you found us in this special part of Cheshire!
As you discovered, there are so many great
vilages and towns to discover in the area and so
it is great to see you had a great time exploring,,,,,

Come back and see us again soon!
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Stayed here for one night as we were attending a charity ball. The actual Building is beautiful and were booked in efficiently and by a friendly receptionist. The room was ok I have stopped in better and worse but it was clean and sufficient for a 1 night stay. The drinks are very expensive but the ball was fantastic and we had a great night. My only complaint is that I was woke up most of the night and early morning by banging doors and loud people. This obviously isn't the hotels fault but it spoilt what was a good night.

rjm499, Manager at Cranage Hall, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
slingy123, Thank you for staying with us.
Great to see you had a good time at the event.
Sorry to hear about the disturbance caused
by noisy neighbours and we hope that you
will be back soon!

Northwich, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

For the price £119.00 B&B one night I expected more from the room but it was really out dated, not much better quality than a Premier Inn in fact if there had been a choice probably would have gone for the Premier!. Breakfast was nice good selection of food. We stayed over night because of a wedding & so had a chance to look in on one of the rooms in the older part of the hotel which I have to say were beautiful. This hotel would probably be good for those who want cheap accommodation for a spa weekend but don't expect luxury if you book a cheap room. Think the website is misleading

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
rjm499, Manager at Cranage Hall, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
DD, Thank you for sharing your comments with the TA community.
Sorry to see that you were frustrated with your stay at our
unique venue and that your high expectations of a more luxurious
experience, was not met. As we have noted on TA previously,
we strive to ensure that our website is transparent and with all
our amenity descriptions and I apologize if you felt aspects of
these were mis-leading.

Richard Mansell

Travelers are raving about these Cranage hotels

Newark-on-Trent, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

We expected much more from our stay here. My partner was on a conference the following day so I joined him to stay overnight. I arrived at the room first and after a difficult check in went to settle in the room. I heard the door opening and expected my fiancé..... no, the maid / cleaning service had decided to just walk right in. Not much by way of apologies, simply stating that my room wasn't on the system!
The room seemed very expensive for what it actually was. By the time my partner arrived he was annoyed that he was unable to leave his debit card on charge for dinner / drinks etc as they would only accept a credit card.
If we were disappointed by the room that was nothing compared to the dinner. We must have been served by around 6 different staff. This is probably why we seemed to have been forgotten. Our drinks arrived finally but other guests around us ordered and got their food whilst we were still waiting. We had to remind the staff about our food. During this time I also found a half eaten sausage just laying under the table.
After our mains, we ordered more drinks and desert. Our desert arrived and we had eaten it way before our drinks came!
By this time we just wanted to pay and go back to the room. After a long time of trying to get someones attention we asked for the bill. When it was brought we were asked to sign for it even though I had my card ready to pay. I was surprised and asked whether I needed to pay there and then. I was told no.
As we made our way back to the room, halfway across the bar I was literally chased out saying I needed to come back and pay. How utterly humiliating! There seemed to be no clear management or knowledge of what was happening.
We went to the main desk to complain only to find that it was unoccupied and a sign was up saying it was closed for the night. A duty member finally arrived but seemed fairly uninterested. She offered a bottle of wine which we declined as I was unable to drink. Instead she took my details for the main manager.
In the morning I left around 5:55. Obviously I didn't expect anyone on the desk, however it would have been nice to know that a code was needed for the gate rather than me having to turn around and then come back to the reception.
An expensive and disappointing stay, one which I would not recommend.

Credit where it is due, the manager spoke with me on the phone and sincerely apologised for our stay, he also called my partner and refunded £40 directly onto his card. Good management seriously let down by the other staff who work there. A shake up of employees may make all the difference.

Room Tip: Rooms seem to be in a different wing, dont be fooled by the beautiful looking exterior