“Perfect for conferences” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cranage Hall

You added Cranage Hall to your Saves list
Cranage Hall
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Byley Lane | Holmes Chapel, Cranage, Holmes Chapel CW4 8EW, England   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cranage
Lancaster, United Kingdom
“Perfect for conferences”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I was at this beautiful hotel for a conference for 4 days. Amazing location, a lot of green areas, perfect for a little bit of break. Rooms are big and fully equipped, e.g. a tea set. Conference rooms are big enough and they have air conditioning. Service was excellent. The only downside is that the hotel is situated 15 mins by car to a nearest shop and far far away from the nearest train station. I can't say much about the price, since our stay was paid by the University.

Matthew B, Manager at Cranage Hall, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear MSzynisz, Thank you for you great review.
We are delighted to see you had such an exceptional
experience at our unique and beautiful venue.
Please come back and see us again soon

Richard Mansell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Worksop, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Our visit to this hotel came as a very cheap 'package' consisting of a two nights' stay in a standard room, bed, breakfast on both days, dinner on the first night and two tickets to nearby Tatton Park. We liked the look of the hotel upon arrival and there was more-than ample parking places. It stands in large lawned gardens which must make for beautiful photo settings for weddings, etc. The receptionist was very pleasant and helpful and we were very satisfied upon arrival in the room. It wasn't the most attractive hotel room but for the price we had paid, it was definitely adequate. The lounge and dining areas were very attractive too. Our meal was delicious, me choosing the grilled salmon and my husband picked the roast chicken. We thoroughly enjoyed our second courses too. We were pleasantly surprised when we were charged just a small amount for our drinks at the end. The downside of it all and the reason we have only given a rating of four, was because of the bed. We have never slept in such an uncomfortable bed in all our lives. I think 20 5-year-olds must have been using it as a trampoline for the past week. Consequently, we started our day exhausted! Such a shame as everything else was 'spot on including the pleasant friendliness of all the staff'. We did report our dissatisfaction regarding the bed on leaving so hopefully something will be done about it. Apart from this one fact, we did enjoy our stay and would return.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Matthew B, Manager at Cranage Hall, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
philingridn, Thank you for the comments regarding your recent stay.
I have shared your inspiring restaurant comments with the operational team, who were thrilled to see you enjoyed your evening meal so much at the restaurant.
However I was disappointed to read that you did not get the full night's rest that we strive to provide here at our venue and I thank you for the honest and sincere feedback as this assists us in our drive for excellence.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon

Manchester, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I was at Cranage Hall at a conference for about 4 days. It was the third year round that I joined this conference at that venue, but I must say that this time the service was noticeably better compared to previously! Us conference delegates were always provided with delicious food and the service was timely, professional and friendly. If there were any problems the staff would make a best effort to solve them. Very recommendable venue!

Matthew B, Manager at Cranage Hall, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
jenniferw, Thank you for the amazing review!
The team were so inspired to read they exceeded your expectations
and that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay.
We look forward to seeing you again soon
Dublin, Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Having stayed in Cranage Hall for three nights recently I can honesrly say that this hotel is not for children. The swimming pool is off limits for children completely during the week! They can only access the pool limited hours over the weekend. The hotel seems very business centered, there are a lot meetings, conferences etc taking place. if you have young children I would not recommend this hotel. The hotel itself is nice and the breakfast is good, It's about a 30 minute drive from Chester zoo and Chesire Oaks.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Matthew B, Manager at Cranage Hall, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
PhillipG, Thank you for sharing your comments with the Trip Advisor community.
I am sorry to read that our unique Cheshire venue did not suit your needs on this occasion.
We strive to surpass all our of guests expectations and we have received wonderful guest feedback from families who love using the venue as a base to explore Cheshire, however on this occasion we appear to have failed and for that, I apologize. We expand our children’s splash times during school holidays and weekends and I hope that one day we can restore
your trust in us to deliver memorable experience for you and your family

We look forward to welcoming you back to Cranage soon

Richard Mansell

Travelers are raving about these Cranage hotels

Worcester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Ideal location, in the countryside but easy motorway access. Lovely gardens, a grand building, easy check-in, modern & clean room/bathroom. Staff very friendly and more than welcome to chat about local places to go. The breakfast had loads of choice and was probably one of the best I've ever had. Good leisure facilities on site. Plenty of car parking. Visited Tatton Park which was about 10 miles from the hotel. Looking forward to my next visit.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Matthew B, Manager at Cranage Hall, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
sofilou, Thank you for your review.
Great to read you had a great time at Cranage
and that our location and venue was a perfect fit for you.
We look forward to welcoming you back again when you are
next visiting Cheshire's attractions.
england
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Stayed here on a Tatton Park deal, so for £99 the wife and I got a nicely appointed room, a good evening meal and a fine breakfast, a bottle of red wine and tickets for nearby Tatton Park. Could not fault it. Warm friendly staff, excellent accommodation, fine food, great visit to Tatton Park. Thoroughly reccomended, think some other reviews were a bit harsh BUT I suppose if you paid loads of money out you might find fault.For £99 it was great value. They do other deals Chester Zoo and the Blue Planet Aquarium in Ellesmere Port

• Stayed June 2013
Matthew B, Manager at Cranage Hall, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
coaty, Thank you for your review of Cranage Hall.
It was satisfying to read that you found our unique venue value for
money and that you enjoyed your time exploring all that the
beautiful Cheshire surroundings have to offer.
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I love this hotel! I have held an annual conference here for the last three years and I am never disappointed. In terms of running a conference or any event here, it is a great choice as the attention to detail of the team here is second to none, and you can have the confidence of knowing that all requests will be met. Were there slight glitches along the way? Yes, but did they rectify them immediately, with the utmost eagerness to provide the best service? Absolutely. It's worth a visit for the supreme levels of professionalism and the exceptional service alone.

If I take the stress out of going to Cranage to work, as a guest I again, have nothing but good things to say: the room I had was beyond impressive, comfortable bed, lovely, tidy etc. As mentioned I have stayed here more than once, each time in a different room and I was happy every time.
The quality of food is great, the surroundings are beautiful and the leisure services are fantastic. Having been here for work I'd say I don't always get the opportunity to enjoy these aspects fully, but my delegates do and always tell me how impressed they are. This visit in particular, I lost track of how many positive comments I received in relation to the quality of the food, the room standards, the friendliness of the staff, the leisure facilities and the venue itself. Some delegates did mention difficulty with the speed of the Wi-Fi but I worked remotely all week and didn't struggle.

If you are scouting out the venue for a place to hold a work event, go for it. With this hotel you get a superbly trained, professional team of experts who know what they are doing and will take care of you and your delegates. If you are going for pleasure, do it, you will have a great time.

If I had to say anything on the negative side it might be that the cost of taxi's to get here from the train station is pretty ridiculous considering it is such a short trip, but that is nothing to do with Cranage. Maybe the restaurant prices are a little on the high side but I'd say they are in keeping with hotel dining prices, which are generally higher end than a standard restaurant might be.

I would (and do) recommend Cranage Hall regularly.

Matthew B, Manager at Cranage Hall, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
missglewis,
Wow, Wow, Wow ! What amazing praise for the team at Cranage Hall. Thank you so much for your kind words. Your incredible comments have truly inspired the team at Cranage, as they strive to deliver service excellence every day. We look forward to seeing back at Cranage soon. Warm Regards, Richard Mansell, General Manager

Been to Cranage Hall? Share your experiences!