Just came back from a 2 day visit to Chera Rocks with my wife and 7 month old son. It was simply an amazing experience. Beautiful location, great food and amazing staff. We were picked up from Kannur station by a taxi (which was included in the package, the drop was not). The moment you reach the resort, you are transformed into a different world. Sand, sea and coconut trees all around. We stayed in the 'Standard Deluxe' room. The room itself was not great to be fair, but had a porch with a great view of the sea. We had booked an AC room, but that was not available when we checked in. The best part of Chera Rocks is the food and the service. All meals were marvelous and was always much more than we could finish. We had lots of seafood (variety of fish, prawns, crabs). A special mention for the ever-smiling Ali, who made this stay truly amazing.
1. Stunning location
2. Food, food and more food
3. Staff - Vivek (manager), Sivaprasad and others
4. Last but not the least, the one and only Ali.
Not so good:
1. The only sour note was left by the grumpy taxi driver who charged Rs 400 for the drop to Kannur station (the Chera Rocks website says its about 8 kms to Kannur railway station).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chera rocks, the real lonely planet, a complete contrast from busy city life, has no sounds of modern world. I am sure, before you leave the place you will learn to identify different types of natures sounds and also to enjoy the healing effects of these sounds. You will be amazed to find a empty seashore with no sales person or masseur.....You and your gorgeous sea alone! You may be surprised to see the easy accessibility to road, railway and international airports while Chera Rocks remains as a lonely planet.....That's the way God has created it....Come and celebrate your holidays and make it unforgettable.... ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Chera Rock Beach House Hotel Kannur