“Great food but some problems with service” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
West Lafayette, Indiana
“Great food but some problems with service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

If the rating were based on the menu and the food, the rating would be excellent. However I regrettably had to downgrade the overall rating because of poor service. Things started off very well, with prompt and courteous service. Orders taken, starters delivered, but then things sort of fell apart. Four of us ordered and three of the main courses came out quickly (we were early diners and few other guests). After waiting at least 15 minutes I found our server and asked about the missing meal. I was told "2 minutes". After waiting another 10 minutes, I found the server again and reminded her that the 4th meal was still not delivered and was told "it is coming". After waiting an additional 10 minutes, I finally got a reluctant "I'm sorry" and a few minutes later my grilled lamb chops appeared (brought by another server). By then everyone in our group else had finished their meals and were ready to head back to the Ca' Beatrice (the great little agriturismo tucked behind the restaurant).

A little more responsiveness from the server would have gone a long way to salvage our dinner. But we were left with a bad impression. That said, I will chalk this up to some bad luck which happens occasionally when you do a lot of traveling. The food definitely makes me want to return.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Charlotte, North Carolina
“An excellent meal at a reasonable price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Located next to the Hotel Agriturismo, this was was a charming "find". The food and service were both very good. It was quiet, relaxing and very charming. The waitress greeted us with a glass of champagne which was very unexpected. It is well worth making a trip just to eat here even if you are not staying next door. Located about 10 minutes from Marco Polo Airport it is easy to get to.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
n.s.can
“Best meal we had in Italy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

This restaurant is run by the same man who runs Agriturismo Ca Beatrice hotel. Roberto cooks all the meat and fish over an open wood grill. Get there early, opens at 7:30pm, when we left at 8:30, there were a dozen people waiting for a table. The prices are very reasonable here.

Visited May 2013
McAllen, Texas
“Authentic Italian trattoria”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

We were the only Americans in the restaurant. It was quiet and relaxing. The food was outstanding and we lingered over the food. We could have stayed all night if we had wanted to. And we were tempted but we had just finished a 9 1/2 hour flight. But it gave us the joy of feeling like we were really in Italy now!

Visited April 2013
Keighley, United Kingdom
“Beatiful meal a must to try”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

I usually struggle with a menu to find something I can eat due to being a bit of a fussy eater - but I actually struggled with what I wanted due to the fantastic choice! Hubby easier - Steak and good it was too. Decor very nice, staff very observant and efficent, food filling and tasty. As it was my birthday we went fully italian and tried to eat four courses but after the pasta course I was already pretty much defeated. The chilled prosecco and Olive foccia bread complimentary when you come in was delicous and welcoming. Our bill at the end came to 100 euros four courses including wine for two but we had gone all out and probably would have only had two courses normally so for a celebration meal was very good value - had this been venice or london I know we would have paid alot more. - complimentary liquer afterwards the best I had ever tasted.

• Visited April 2013