TRAVEL ALERT: SECURITY CONCERNS More info

“Acceptable option in Juba” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Juba Bridge Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Juba
Juba Bridge Hotel
You added Juba Bridge Hotel to your Saves list
Nimule-Torit Road | Kator, Juba KT0124, South Sudan   |
Ranked #11 of 20 Hotels in Juba
Tokyo, Japan
“Acceptable option in Juba”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

I would give this hotel mixed reviews. The first item to note is that Juba is a ridiculously because of the government and NGO Western expats that have congregated there.

I called and reserved but when I showed up, the reception guy didn't seem to know what a reservation was. Credit cards are not accepted, cash only.

I got a prefab B&B for $145. For this price I got a room with thin walls but looking clean enough. There was a TV and a closet. Don't know what was on the TV; I didn't turn it on. The A/C worked fine. The bathroom was sorry looking, very slippery when wet but again, clean enough. The shower had no curtains and there was no hot water. There was an electric heating unit at the shower head, I hadn't seen one of these things since Bolivia, but its power was cut off. But with Juba's temperatures you don't really need hot water showers. Breakfast was cold and horrible, but at least they had cereal.

By far the best thing about the Juba Bridge is the riverfront restaurant. I think this is the most pleasant place to pass your time in all of Juba, watching the White Nile go by and seeing the mostly wilderness and mountains on the other side. Mains start at 25 pounds (street rate is 3.8 pounds to USD 1). There is an excellent selection of Ethiopian food including great Ethiopian coffee. There is live music, seemingly every night until nearly midnight.

The big drawback is that it is located at the edge of town, far from everything but two hotels next door. But then if you are going to pay for a car anyway, it matters much less where in Juba you are. Another minus; I reserved airport transfer but they couldn't find a driver and I almost missed my flight. But this is Africa right? Airport transfer is free which is a big plus given the extremely high cost of transport.

I would say that if I were to visit again, I would stay at the Bridge. I love the fact that I can walk down from my room and sit by the Nile sipping Ethiopian coffee.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Families
Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips

Been to Juba Bridge Hotel? Share your experiences!