“Great rooms, great breakfast & friendly” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mariners B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Seaton
Mariners B&B
4.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   The Esplanade, Seaton EX12 2NP, England   |
Announcement
4 star gold award 2014
Ranked #5 of 25 Seaton B&B and Inns
Basingstoke
“Great rooms, great breakfast & friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

My wife and I stayed here in March 2013 and we had a wonderful stay. The rooms was warm, clean, bright and airy. Pat, Nigel and the staff were friendly and helpful. The breakfast is very very good. The location was perfect and our room faced out towards the seafront. It was very handy the fact that they have their own car park and there is also parking out the front (free at this time of year). We will be staying again next year.

Room Tip: I suspect all of the rooms are of high quality.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
marinershotelbnb, Owner at Mariners B&B, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Thank you for your comments .You had told us how delighted you were with your room.I know it wasnt the first time being in Seaton for the Grizzly Run but the first time you stayed at Mariners.
We always enjoy watching the run and the enthusiasm of the runners (from the safety of the balcony!!)We look frward to seeing you again next year.Thank you

107 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Folkestone
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We have family in Devon and have had the pleasure of staying at the Mariners on six occasions which talks for itself.
Spotless rooms, first class breakfast and extremely proffesional hoteliers who put thereselves out to help you in anyway they can.
Cannot wait until we return.
Well done Pat and Nigel.
Highly Recommended.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments .It really is a pleasure when guests return to stay with us .Thank you for the comments about five stars.We have had a gold award from Quality in tourism and The AA
over the past few years as you are probably aware of and the breakfast award that guests consider important.When guests write a review from trip adviser they also take into account additional things , location , value and service .We try to offer value by including vat in all our prices. That guests return to us and make repeat bookings is highly valued .Thank you and we look forward to your next visit.
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

We stayed in a twin ground floor room at the end of February 2013 which was light and airey, warm and comfortable and also taking advantage of a 3rd night for just £25!!! Such great value for money. Breakfast was excellent and enjoyed the variety on offer. Very friendly staff with convenient parking at the hotel made it even more enjoyable as we were able to take the Jursassic Coast bus leaving the car behind. Great cliff walk to Beer with stunning views along the way. The owners made us very welcome and we would certainly return and recommend the hotel to anyone. Many thanks for an enjoyable stay. Les & Martin

Room Tip: I recommend ground floor twin room as easy access - good for people with restricted mobility.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
marinershotelbnb, Owner at Mariners B&B, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you for your review .I am pleased you enjoyed staying at Mariners and also exploring the coast .As we are right on the coastal path it provides great walking opportunities but I see you have also used our super Jurrasic Bus.If you do have an over 60,s bus pass then of course it is free.
Room 2 is a spacious twin and ideal for those who want to avoid stairs or simply enjoy a view of the sea.I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon.
Regards Pat
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

We stayed at The Mariners with friends in February. We booked the 2 bedroom sea facing apartment and our friends stayed in room 1 in the hotel. From the moment we checked in we were made to feel extremely welcome. The apartment is very beautiful, well equipped with wonderful sea views. Although the weather was cold outside, it was lovely to feel so warm in the apartment and the hotel where our friends were.This is quite rare these days! The owners Pat & Nigel were very accommodating and we were able to join our friends for breakfast during our stay. This was a lovely treat as the breakfast was superb. I am not keen on full English breakfast so i was very impressed to see other breakfast choices especially fish and i really enjoyed the selection available on the breakfast bar including a fresh fruit platter. We were so impressed we re-booked for the summer and look forward to exploring more of the Jurrasic coast.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your comments about your recent visit.I am pleased you enjoyed both the apartment and Room 1 .Both do have lovely full views of Lyme Bay.Sometimes Self catering guests book rooms with friends and family and we do try to offer Breakfast.I am pleased we could do this and that you all enjoyed breakfast together.Its nice to see you book again for the summer.The view will be the same but hopefullly the weather may allow for more time to enjoy the balcony .This summer you will also be able to enjoy a traditional cream tea served on the patio.
Many thanks Pat
devon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

We have just returned from a weekend at the' Mariners'. The room was a high standard. The bed was so comfy and cosy. We woke up to the waves breaking on the beach and the veiw was amazing.
Breakfast was just what the doctor ordered, and again the layout was a high standard.
Pat was on hand with all the info you needed to explore the area, and was a really friendly host.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
marinershotelbnb, Owner at Mariners B&B, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you for your review .I am pleased you enjoyed exploring this area
.Room 1 is certainly a room with a view .Its nice you heard the waves breaking on the beach .Such a lovely sound .I know you were quite lucky with the weekend weather ,something we cant organise, but winter can be interesting along the coast.I have known this area for 20 years now and enjoy giving information and tips on the places to visit. I am glad you found them useful.
.I do hope you return to the area for another break.
Pat
Stafford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I found the experience to be comfortable, homely, and welcoming. The owners encapsulate the spirit of Devon with their laid back and friendly approach, and nothing seemed to too much trouble for them. They also serve up some of the best cooked breakfasts you could wish for, including delicious bacon with no salty after taste, sausages that melt in the mouth, perfectly cooked eggs, and toast that makes you consider ordering another round or two. All of the staff are very attentive during breakfast too. The rooms were more than satisfactory, well appointed and comfortable, and I enjoyed both a single room with sea view, and a more spacious double without front facing position for comparison, but I liked them both equally. The location couldn't be better as, the town itself, local shops and supermarkets, cafe's and take away's - such as the award winning fish and chip shop (Fryday's), are all easy to reach and within walking distance.The area is also quiet at night, so you are unlikely to have your sleep disturbed. For those keen on walking, there is plenty to reward you if you venture out, such as the charming village of Beer 2 miles away, or the more adventurous can walk all the way to Lyme Regis (7.5 miles) in the other direction. I would definitely recommend this place, and stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
marinershotel, Owner at Mariners B&B, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank you for your review .I am pleased you enjoyed the area. The South West Coast path is certainly beautiful and walking to Beer and Lyme Regis is a pleasant pastime during a stay at Mariners.Most walkers need a hearty breakfast and it sounds as if you enjoyed yours .I hope you return to the area soon and explore more of the coast and towns.
Pat.
Bridgend, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

My wife and I were in need of some peace and quite and a relaxing break after a few months of hectic family life. We chose Mariners on the back of its Tripadvisor reviews and we were not dissapointed. The welcome is warm from Pat and her staff, our room was cosy and inviting. Breakfast was an event to savour. A special thank you to Christine for looking after us with a smile and efficient service. Thanks also to Gemma for her advice on my wi-fi needs. I would also like to mention that the bed in room 1 has got to be the most comfortable I have ever slept in.
Thank you Mariners, we will return.
David and Patricia.

Room Tip: sea view rooms are recomended
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review .I am so pleased you found the relaxation and peace you needed .Many guests arrive expecting a good breakfast and I am pleased you enjoyed yours. It was fortunate my daughter Gemma was visiting as her ability to sort out the wi fi is valued by me too. We look forward to seeing you again.
Pat

Been to Mariners B&B? Share your experiences!