“we got what we wanted” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mariners B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Seaton
Mariners B&B
You added Mariners B&B to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   The Esplanade, Seaton EX12 2NP, England   |
Ranked #4 of 25 Seaton B&B and Inns
Bridgend, United Kingdom
“we got what we wanted”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

My wife and I were in need of some peace and quite and a relaxing break after a few months of hectic family life. We chose Mariners on the back of its Tripadvisor reviews and we were not dissapointed. The welcome is warm from Pat and her staff, our room was cosy and inviting. Breakfast was an event to savour. A special thank you to Christine for looking after us with a smile and efficient service. Thanks also to Gemma for her advice on my wi-fi needs. I would also like to mention that the bed in room 1 has got to be the most comfortable I have ever slept in.
Thank you Mariners, we will return.
David and Patricia.

Room Tip: sea view rooms are recomended
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
marinershotel, Owner at Mariners B&B, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank you for your review .I am so pleased you found the relaxation and peace you needed .Many guests arrive expecting a good breakfast and I am pleased you enjoyed yours. It was fortunate my daughter Gemma was visiting as her ability to sort out the wi fi is valued by me too. We look forward to seeing you again.
Pat

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Just returned from a last minute trip to the Coast. A quick search on the net before we went came up with The Mariners as looking like a good place to stay.

One phone call bagged us a room on the second floor. A few hours later we were pulling up outside the Mariners after a very relaxing afternoon in Beer...A lovely village right next to Seaton.

The B&B is lovely! Right on the seafront, great views with a very relaxed atmosphere. The whole place was very clean, and nicely decorated.

We had a very nice room in the roof of the building, great bed with gorgeous, crisp white linen with very good pillows...something that other places could learn from!

The breakfast was stunning too...A Freshly cooked, full english with very good ingredients served by very friendly staff.

For £80 for two of us, we couldnt really ask for more. Thanks guys, we really enjoyed our impromptu trip to the south coast...We shall return!!

Rich and Elaine from Birmingham.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review .I am pleased to know you plan to return.I am pleased you enjoyed the egyptian cotton linen .We chose a new supplier last year and it certainly looks and feels good.
Breakfast does include good quality ingredients and they are all from local suppliers .I am pleased you thought the room was good value .We do try to provide the best we can and of course our prices include 20% Vat and we still try to provide value for money .
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

We stayed here in the middle of August for two nights to celebrate our anniversary and were lucky to have fantastic weather. The Mariners is in a great location and we had a fantastic sea view room, clean and cosy. The breakfasts were brilliant and were served by very attentive, friendly, pleasant staff. We would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view room and you won't be disappointed!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank You for taking the time to write a review .Many of our new customers tell me they read the reviews .Many arrive looking forward to breakfast having read reviews.The sea view rooms are delightful and I would wish that all our rooms face the sea .We did make changes to the dining room so that all our guests can enjoy the view .I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your celebration and hope to see you again soon. Perhaps next time you can enjoy a shorty break in the apartment which has a sea facing balcony.
east sussex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

Just stayed three nights would recommend mariners as it is a good location right on seafront ,lovely clean rooms with lovely crisp white bed linen ,very good choice of breakfast and beautifully cooked, nigel ,pat and all the staff are so friendly and nothing is too much trouble,we will definately stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012
Thank you for your review. When we viewed Mariners some 8 years ago we fell in love with the location.We never take that lovely view of Lyme Bay for granted . This year we have been fortunate to have a great team of staff and all our customers have remarked on their friendliness and helpfulness .We are delighted you enjoyed your stay.
Birmingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

Stayed for 2 nights at the Mariners 6th/7th September.

When I phoned on the 4th Pat was unable to offer me two consecutive nights in the same room, due to being almost fully booked, but could offer two different rooms on the two nights.

I particularly wanted to stay at the Mariners. The combination of it's seafront location, it's excellent reviews on TA, and being only five minutes away from the friend I was spending a couple of days fishing with meant that changing rooms would be a minor inconvenience.

Less than minor, as it turned out. Pat simply told me to leave my luggage in the first room, and the staff would transfer it to my next room while I was out fishing. If only all hotels had such a 'can-do' attitude to accommodating their guests...

Both of my rooms overlooked the back of the hotel. If you want a sea view, be sure to bok early...

The rooms were spotlessly clean, and the bed linen was the crispiest and freshest I've ever slept in. Both were equipped with showers. Easy to operate, and both delivered a deluge of hot water on demand. Having stood naked and shivering beneath a trickle of scalding/freezing water in some hotels, a shower you can trust is a rare delight...

Breakfast choice is comprehensive. Full English, continental, poached haddock, or a selection of fresh fruits, there's something to suit all tastes. I tended to arrive a bit earlier in the dining room than the advertised time, keen to get out fishing; but again, no problem. Swift, effiicient and friendly service.

A nice extra was the 'honesty' bar in reception. A fridge stocked with beers, lagers, etc.
Take a drink, write on the pad what you've had, and pay when you settle the bill.
Sadly, this would never work where I live. The locals would drink the lot, then probably nick the fridge as well...

Pat; thanks for looking after me , I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. Next time I'll book earlier, so I can secure a room with the spectacular view across the bay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
marinershotel, Owner at Mariners B&B, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Thank you for writing a review.I am pleased to hear that the beds, and showers were better than some you have experienced .All the beds and bathrooms have been replaced in the last few years..I was pleased to see your comments about the service you received .We do try to ensure guests needs are met and we also rely on our staff to provide good service ..Its good to be reminded about the little touches we provide that guests enjoy.The honesty bar has been a welcome addition for guests.I am confident that our guests will leave the fridge but a few have emptied it .
Booking early does have its advantages in that you can get a sea view room .
We look forward to seeing you again.
solihull
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

Stayed here a while ago and just as pleasing this time. Reasonable price, lovely room and excellent breakfast. Pleasant outside terrace at the front and plenty of parking at the rear.Would stay again if in the area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.It was nice to see you for a second visit .We are pleased when guests return .The front terrace is the ideal place to sit and relax and many guests enjoy this option at Mariners.We have learnt from our own travels and try to offer all the things we enjoyed about places we stayed.
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

What a find! Unplanned visit to Seaton resulted in an overnight stay in this wonderfully comfortable and decorated hotel:-)
Warm and friendly greeting on arrival, with the best room in the house!! Beautifully decorated with a panoramic view of the beach and sea right outside. Massive kingsize bed with plump pillows allowed for a great nights sleep. \breakfast in the morning was a treat too. Fresh fruit, juices and cereal followed by smoked salmon \7 scrambled eggs with hot toast just lovely!
Will come again!

Room Tip: Room 1 for the view and the comfort of the room :-)
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank You for your review.Many of our returning customers are those that find us by chance.It was certainly fortunate that you could enjoy your stay. in room 1 .This room has had some remodelling over the past few years and changing it so we could have a king size double bed has resulted in a lovely room with the beautiful view.You were able to view Lyme Bay at its best .Thank you for your comments about breakfast too.We do take pride in providing a Good breakfast .We look forward to seeing you again soon.I hope you can take advantage of a sea view room next time but be assured that all our rooms have the same standard.

Been to Mariners B&B? Share your experiences!