“Nice meal” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 38 Restaurants in Seaton
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Description: Only telephone number I have got is' 24300'
Newbury, United Kingdom
“Nice meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

Visited last week on a day out. Weather was heavy drizzle, cold and wet. Decided we needed a hot meal at lunchtime. We both ordered mixed grill. I do not normally have mixed grill as the portion size is far too big. Came very quickly. Non greasy. Food hot and nicely presented. Consisted of chips, egg, lamb chop, steak, gammon, tomato and sausage. It was a small pieces of meat, however portion size for me was just right. If you were a man wanting a hearty meat feast, then you will probably be disappointed. The size of meal reflected in the price. I was about £9. Normally a mixed grill in a pub is £15-20. My only gripe is the sausage was the usual crappy low value catering sausage. That said, I would eat there again. Other peoples food looked good, jacket potatoes enormous and seemed good value.

Visited September 2013

Worcester, United Kingdom
“Wonderful batter!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Two of us have been trekking along the south coast path and stopped at Temptations for dinner. It was superb - the fish and chips was the best we'd eaten in over 20 years. The batter was incredibly light and the fish tasty and fresh. It was so good we took time out to thank Nick the chef. This is an excellent family run business - and I'd have no hesitation in recommending it to all my friends.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, United Kingdom
“disappointing meal”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

The gammon steak that arrived was of poor quality and looked like a cheap Tescos steak.I have had same meal in three other restaurants in the past couple of weeks, costing the same amount and they were far superior.Hopefully this was a one off but I think they need to review food quality.

Visited August 2013
“Lovely place to visit.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

Being a Mum of a small baby, it's quite difficult to find a restaurant that you can feel comfortable taking a baby. It was so refreshing to walk into a restaurant where families were made to feel so welcome.
The menu has plenty of choice whether you want a breakfast, light lunch or main meal, although leave some room for one of the desserts (they're delicious!) especially the Eton mess... :)
They also do a Sunday Carvery, which has a great choice of meats and plenty of veg to choose from.
Overall I thoroughly enjoyed my experience and I would certainly recommend it.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Seaton, United Kingdom
“Lunch and Sunday Carvery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

We thoroughly recommend Temptations the food is great and reasonably priced. They serve lovely meals, snacks, Tea, Coffee and a Superb Sunday Carvery. We were very happy to discover it is now open on a Friday and a Saturday evening. The mixed grill is super value and the Eton mess is delicious. The people are lovely and it is now our regular place to visit. You will be glad you did.

• Visited June 2013