The hotel was good, standards ok, very clean and tidy, we were rushed at breakfast and the staff started clearing away at 930am whilst we were eating, most rude and unprofessional. The room was clean and tidy, and the shower was excellent. We were very disappointed in the food, we have been to many fine dine restaurants and the food was very average, the portions were very small even for this level and type of experience. My husbands cod for his main course was no more than 4oz.. We will not be returning and went because of the James Martin name.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Talbot Hotel has recently been fully restored. Classic British design now meets traditional values of comfort and unobtrusive service for an elegant hotel with 26 bedrooms, landscaped gardens and a great restaurant. We are in the heart of the North Yorkshire market town of Malton, 20 minutes from the city of York. Visitors here are spoilt for choice. In fully restoring the Talbot Hotel, we have created 26 individual bedrooms – each one capturing the elegant spirit of a property that is more than 300 years old, whilst meeting your expectations for complete comfort and convenience. You'll find sumptuous beds, the finest linen, modern bathrooms and luxury toiletries, set to Vivien Greenock's imaginative interior designs. With Malton-born chef James Martin now in charge of the kitchen, the Talbot Hotel tops the list of must-visit places for local and visiting gastronomes. James, who is well-known for his cookery shows on BBC and Channel 4, makes the most of the area's renowned butchers, fishmongers, game dealers, farmers and cheesemakers to produce menus of classic but simple food of the highest quality. "North Yorkshire is in my blood," he says. "And I've been thrilled to see my home town of Malton build a reputation as a foodie destination based on the abundance of growers and producers in the area." "Guests can look forward to finding all my favourite Yorkshire produce on the menu from Wakefield rhubarb to Whitby crab." The menu at the Talbot changes regularly to take advantage of the seasons. Dishes are produced with flair by a team of highly trained chefs and served in a professional yet understated manner. 50-cover restaurant Drawing room with open fires Bar and informal dining Wentworth room for private functions for up to 65 people Morning coffee and light bites in the bar and lounge Afternoon cream teas, cakes, sandwiches and drinks in the Drawing Room Traditional Sunday roast in the restaurant Hand-pulled cask bitter and wide selection of wines by the glass in the bar Wines from around the world including select vintages from the renowned 'Chateau Talbot.' ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, Otel, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your The Talbot Hotel Malton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Talbot Malton Nr York
- The Talbot Malton Nr York
- The Talbot Hotel Malton Yorkshire