“FIRST EXPERIENCE OF RORY'S BAR” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rory's Bar

Rory's Bar
57 | Market Place, Malton YO177LX, England (Formerly Rorys Bar)
+44 1653 694999
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 63 Restaurants in Malton
Cuisines: Bistro
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Description: We are a family run bar/bistro who specialise in home cooked, locally sourced and value for money fayre and drinks for all the family. All our produce whether it be wines, ales, Ice-cream or food are purchased locally. Our policy is "if you don't enjoy you don't pay" We have a fantastic following of wonderful customers whom all make our time at work enjoyable. Not forgetting our wonderful team of staff who will meet and greet you with a traditional warm Yorkshire welcome. We do advise booking ahead as we do get very busy. Hope to see you soon.......
Malton, United Kingdom
“FIRST EXPERIENCE OF RORY'S BAR”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

My fiancée introduced me to this bar last night and to say that I was delighted with the experience understates my feelings. We were greeted by a very friendly and welcoming member of staff and promptly shown to our pre-booked table, where we were asked whether we wanted drinks and were given menus which proved to be extensive. I ordered goujons of cod whilst my fiancée chose goujons of chicken, both of which were served with tasty chips, salad and the usual accompaniments, by yet another friendly and efficient member of staff. They were excellent!! A limited choice of deserts followed, all of which proved to be delicious and not to be partaken by those on slimming diets. Including drinks and tea/coffee, the cost was just over £40, excellent value for money.To cap it all, when Rory finished cooking, he spoke to people at every table whilst his wife was heavily involved in the desert menu!, A very pleasant experience which will certainly be repeated.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

London, United Kingdom
“NORTHERN GEM!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

What a delightful meal here at Rory's Bar! The vintage European decor has a homely but modern feel about it and the owners clearly take pride in the establishment as the window is currently home to the most beautifully crafted Christmas display! The service was attentive and friendly (without being a nuisance) and the food far excelled my expectations! We took advantage of the £7 meals before 7pm offer and received an imaginative and well sourced selection of meals. The homemade steak and ale pie had no gristle or fat on it and was served with a small glass of ale on the side (to add to your pie at the strength of your choosing!) What a creative idea! The sausage & mash was also locally sourced and the quality of this showed. The meals were served on a charming wooden board with all your requested accompaniments neatly placed around the board. My only snag was that I was not massively keen on my choice of wine, although I can choose a different vintage next time! Rory's Bar is an excellent find and I whole heartedly recommend this gem to all! I will be back... thank you :-)

• 4 of 5 stars Food
york
“Best place to eat in Malton”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

Finally a decent place to eat in Malton. It has been lacking somewhere that serves good food for a long long time!!
There were just 2 of us eating and we were in early, I had he steak and chicken combo that came with chips, onion rings, salad, coleslaw and mushrooms. Everything was tasty and well cooked. My mum had gammon and she also really enjoyed hers. Good sized portions and all fresh and tasty. The staff are really friendly without being over the top. We will definitely recommend to all our friends and will be back. I would advise to book as they do get busy. They serve excellent Wold Top beers as well.

York, United Kingdom
“Lovely night out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

I have usually eaten a light lunch at Rory's Bar but decided as a birthday treat to go for an evening meal and was not disappointed. As usual the staff were friendly and welcoming and it had a lively and pleasantly, relaxed atmosphere. It was steak night which I had with my daughter and my son in law had the pie of the day.All beautifully cooked and well presented.We were all happy with our choices and I would definitely eat here in the evening again. I really like that Rory comes and chats to the diners and takes a personal interest in you.

Epsom, United Kingdom
“Warm and friendly experience.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

We popped in for a quick late lunch and found the place very clean, the food fresh and imaginative with a very wide choice. The staff were welcoming, helpful and efficient and the price of our meal was very reasonable.
We were not rushed and sat after our meal to wait for a lift as the evening customers started to arrive for drinks - most seemed to know each other and overall it was a very relaxed and pleasant experience. We definitely feel we had good value and were pleased that it was recommended to us.

• 4 of 5 stars Food