“Winter at Flamingo Land” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 18 Attractions in Malton
Type: Amusement/ Theme Parks, Amusement Parks
Scarborough, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Winter at Flamingo Land”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I have been here many times as I only live a half hours drive away. I love the zoo but not keen on the big rides. So I am so pleased to say that on Sunday my husband and myself enjoyed a walk around the zoo for just £7.50 each. Some rides were running but i only went to see whats new, whats changed (and it does change all the time!) and enjoy the sunshine after all the snow.
I had a lovely hot chocolate with cream and marshmallows that didnt break the bank.
My kids love to go during the summer when its packed and all the rides are available. But thats not for me. Thank you Flamingo Land for opening up the Zoo again in winter. Well worth the money.

Visited February 2013

York, United Kingdom
“we had a brill day out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

me my daughter 10 and boyfriend went to flamingoland for the day and really enjoyed it. the zoo was open and most of the main big rides were closed due to it been winter but walking round the zoo and going in the gift shops we had a brilliant time. we watched a sealion show and could not belive how well trained they were a 35 stone sealion caught a ball with his front flippers, balanced a ball on his whiskers and jumped out of the pool from deep down to hit the ball hanging from the roof. it was amazing it made a lump in my throat. such lovely memories were made at flamingoland that day, from seeing the sealions to getting close to lion behind glass though lol. the park and animals are so looked after and we really enjoyed our day out. cheap enough too. my little girl also wanted to mention the parrot that kept on asking us all what was up. very funny. the gift shop was also very reasonably priced we all came away with a little reminder of the day. xx

Visited February 2013
9 attraction reviews
“AMAZIng”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

great rides and lovely well looked after animals! loved all the shows and cafes lovely. great choice of rides from tea cups to mega record breaking 'mumbo jumbo'

Visited July 2012
Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
“Theme park?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I visited flamingoland with my family at the end of October. Luckily we had a money off voucher so it didn't cost us the full amount (which would have been nearly £100!). My first impression of the park was that it was very old fashioned the rides are old and tired. A lot of the rides were broken and being fixed. I understand that it was the end of season but it was also a school holiday. I feel there is not enough on offer for the price you pay, where is all the money being spent from the high admission prices? The surrounding area of the park is not pleasant it doesn't feel like your in a theme park just a scrap piece of land with some rides, the so called zoo was upsetting after seeing one depressed lion we did not want to look at any more animals. There was only one restaurant open with an hours wait on food so i decided to get fish and chips from one of the booths. The que was not particularly large however I ended up waiting over an hour before I was served, the food however was edible and standard quality for this kind of place. I wish I had been introduced to trip advisor before I had visited, not somewhere I would return or recommend.

Visited October 2012
Hull
4 attraction reviews
“A lovely clean environment!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

The reviewer below me, MrsBramley2013 is clearly a little bit wrong in the head as I have been to Flamingo Land and have nothing but positive things to say about it.

For starters, the Holiday park itself is a modern and clean environment which is close enough to the main complex to be accessible without being too close so that it is noisy. We stayed in the log cabins which are absolutely superb. Decent space between them all and luxuriously furnished with their own private drives and decking areas. MrsBramley2013 probably stayed in one of the cheap caravans to which her experience is her own fault.

There is on-sight entertainment and leisure centre for those staying for more than one day. The park itself is wonderful, it's clean, tidy and the staff, in general are polite and friendly. The improvements made over the years are astonishing, the animals now have huge enclosures in which to enjoy and the zookeepers clearly enjoy their jobs as they were stood talking to visitors when not busy with tasks. The only thing it's missing is elephants.

The rides are also good, clean and new. A personal favourite is the Voodoo, a pirate ship ride which swings you in the air at great speed. There is also a small railway and monorail which you can travel on from different stations incase your legs get a little tired.

Prices for food are a little on the steep side, though £6.50 for Fish & Chips from a takeaway isn't too far from what you would be paying from any other takeaway across the UK. The on-site pub/restaurant is lovely and serves good quality food and drinks.

Overall, Flamingo Land is exemplary, everything a theme park should be. It strikes the balance between rides and the welfare of its animals perfectly and is one of the best attractions in Yorkshire. If you can afford one of the log cabins which for a 3 night stay for 6 people is around £600ish (including park entrance for those 6) then it is definitely worth you sticking around.

However, if, like MrsBramley2013 you opt for one of the 'lower-class' caravans, your experience might be a little different, who knows?

Visited March 2012