“Excellent menu variety in a modern atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 69 Restaurants in Congleton
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Birmingham
“Excellent menu variety in a modern atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

Myself and four friends visited the Purple Pakora to celebrate a birthday and although we arrived almost 15 minutes late we were warmly and enthusiastically greeted. The menu choice was quite overwhelming with a wide selection of specials available including interesting dishes such as a chocolate korma. The staff were incredibly helpful and willing to offer their advice on the dishes and their flavours. The decoration of the restaurant was very modern and appealing, as well as being spotlessly clean. A large sparkler and desert were brought out at the end of the meal for my friends birthday adding the finishing touches to the meal. Having ordered a large glass of wine, popadoms, naan, main and rice my meal only came to £18, which I feel is an absolute bargain for the quality I received.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Very nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Me & my boyfriend went on a Monday night, nice decor, good service & lovey food
Will definitely go again

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Los Angeles, California
“Nice food and Excellent Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

This restaurant service excellent Indian food and the service provided by the staff is also good. The interior of the restaurant is wonderful. Yes, it is bit expensive but good to have if you would like to satisfy your test buds.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Bad Management”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I sent a complaint by email and also spoke to and sent a copy to Ash at the Poynton branch but received no reply. So here is my experience:

We are regular visitors to The Purple Pakora in Poynton. Whilst the food is not always fantastic, the service is always second to none.

My friend is visiting from Australia at the moment and staying in the Congleton area, so I booked a table for us at the Congleton restaurant for yesterday evening. My first and my last visit.

The restaurant is great, the food excellent and the staff, in the main, first class.

We had a really pleasant evening until, towards the end of our meal, your staff decided to clean the adjacent table. Two of them descended on the table, engrossed in a really loud conversation, which in itself was intrusive. They proceeded to deliver a cloud of sprayed cleaning fluid to the adjacent table, the overspray of which arrived on our table and our food.

I pointed out to your staff member, who I later found out was the manager, that they should wait until people had finished their meals before cleaning in such a manner. He then proceeded to give me a lecture on health and safety and people wanting clean tables and wasn't at all interested in the discomfort caused to our table. After continually being shouted down by him I told him to shut up. This sent him off on another tirade about how can I say that to him when he is being so polite etc etc. Had I not calmed the situation, I got the distinct feeling he would have liked to escalate things even further.

He was not at all polite. He was aggressive and just wasn't listening to a customer who didn't want cleaning fluid on his food, in his lungs and on his person. Had they been less engrossed in their own rowdy conversation, they may well have taken more care. A really shabby performance.

Visited October 2013
Macclesfield, United Kingdom
“Expensive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

The family went for a meal, the meal was average , the waiters seemed to be in a rush to get you served, and the get you out. The soft drinks are expensive, £2-90 for a small bottle of coke.
There a lot better Indian restaurants and cheaper one's around.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere