“Great Fish Pie” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: Scottish
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: WelcomeWhether you've something to celebrate, are at the end of a hard day's walking in the hills, or simply fancy a break from cooking at home, it is our wish at Anderson's that you all feel welcome. Forget pretence, the atmosphere here is relaxed and informal, so sit back, switch off, and savour the pleasure of great food and drink. Local Produce At Anderson's we are committed to using local Scottish produce when it is in season, so needless to say, our menu changes each month, along with our daily specials. Each dish is lovingly prepared and bought together in such a way as to bring out the very best of truly great, fresh ingredients. Although our menu is creative, our aim is simple, to present you with food that we are confident you will enjoy, and that tastes fantastic.Family Friendly The whole family is welcome at Anderson's, and it is important to us that everyone can tuck into something they will enjoy. So for children we can either offer half portions of anything on the menu, or for specific likes or dislikes, please feel comfortable to say, and the chef will be happy to come up with something to suit- within reason! Similarly please make us aware of any special dietary requirements you may have.“It’s great to see a restaurant like Andersons opening up in Boat of Garten. Owners Steve and Claire have put a huge amount of thought and effort into their set up, and their intended philosophy of utilizing the best of Scottish produce should be a real boost to the local restaurant scene. I wish them every success for the future.” Nick Nairn
Aberdeen
“Great Fish Pie”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

My husband and I went to Andersons on Pie Night, we both had the fish pie and a drink for £12 each. The pie was delicious and the portion was substantial. I would definitely recommend it to anyone in the area and I would go back again.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

92% Recommend
Asheville, North Carolina
“A great place for Speyside Way walkers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

My wife and I were hikers walking the Speyside Way from Buckie to Aviemore and we stayed in Boat of Garten along the way. There are two places to eat, Anderson's and the Boat Hotel. We went to Andson's and were informed they were fully booked, so we walked to the hotel and were informed that they were hosting a large wedding and the dining room was closed. Hungary and with no other option we went back to Anderson's and begged for a takeout of soup or bread or anything... The host checked with the chef and they took pity on us and found a way to slot us in, which was quite nice of them. A good thing, too, as the food was very, very good. My wife had a pomegranate, arugula, avocado, and goat cheese salad and I had a veggie curry with naan bread. Both were very tasty and quite filling to two hungry hikers. I would recommend this place to anyone passing through Boat of Garten, just be sure to call ahead for reservations.

Visited June 2013
“Excellent Bistro!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

Great selection of local ales and foods and a very cosy atmosphere. Reserve ahead if you can! Definitely recommended!

Visited May 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Great option in the Highlands”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

This is the kind of local restaurant I love to find. We visited in April this year on my first trip to the Highlands. I had the special - barbecued short beef ribs. Tender, tasty and filling. I thoroughly enjoyed it, as well as the home-made gin and lemon sorbet and the house whisky made specially for them. If you are in the area (and like good food) this should be top of your list for mealtimes.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, United Kingdom
“Consistently good meals a gem in boat of garten”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I don't want to write a review about my favourite restaurant, as it means that it will be more difficult for me to get a table. However if you are within 500 miles it is worth calling in as the food is fantastic. In addition there is a good supply of the award winning Cairngorm Brewery Beers. Try one of the home made ice creams to complete your meal, or even better two of the ice creams!!!!

• Visited May 2013