“Sura Detox is the best” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sura Detox Retreats

Sura Detox Retreats
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Winkleigh
Sura Detox Retreats
Ham Farm | Dolton, Winkleigh EX19 8QT, England   |
Stavanger, Norway
“Sura Detox is the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

This is my 3rd retreat at Sura Detox, and it is contributing to improved health and weight loss for me. The venue and the staff are just perfect. You feel so welcome and taken care of. Very high quality program. I strongly recommend Sura Detox.
I will be back NeXT year!

Regards
Bente

80 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Pisa, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

Before I chose Sura Detox I made a profound research about detox retreats and I'm sooo happy for my choice!!!
Sura Detox is a great and complete retreat: I got the solutions for my problems, I learned a lot about nutrition and how to improve my health and my life style, the yoga was fantastic and so helpfull, I felt my body getting a deep cleanse, it was such a peacefull and relaxing week surrounded by beautiful and nice people, this retreat was one of the best things I did in my life!!!
The team is really great and helpfull!!!
The farm is adorable and comfy!!
It was a fantastic week and I highly recommend to everybody!!
I want to Thank Sura retreat so much for the amazing time and help!

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

Sura is pure relaxation with some gentle group exercising and treatments available as options. The hosts give unconditional support to help you with all aspects of your wellbeing. Other reviews cover the individual hosts, their characters and how they help you. They are a lovely bunch of people.
The first time I came here, I stopped smoking on the first day (my choice and nothing to do with Sura rules) and never felt the urge again during the week. I am now a happy non smoker for two years.
The second time I came I made big changes in my lifestyle and had the happiest summer that I can remember.
I had slipped into the party lifestyle again and the 3rd retreat I think has put me back on track. Of curse some people just go for an annual detox, followed by immediate retox....you know who you are....
I just wish someone would invent chocolate psyllium.

Harrogate, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

If you are looking for a fasting retreat then I wouldn't hesitate in recommending Sura. The setting is perfect. The team are so supportive and at the same time they ensure that everyone has the space to have their own experience. You can get involved as much or as little as you feel like.

Dao's nutritional talks are excellent. Kate is a like gentle rock, there for everyone throughout the week. Nicki's yoga and Amida's Thai Chi sessions were perfect. And Nicki's raw food demo on the last day was exceptional, giving you great ideas for developing your raw food diet at home.

I'd recommend the treatments with Benita and her team- I had five throughout the week and each one was excellent.

The whole team are around throughout the week quietly supporting where needed.

In terms of the fasting experience, I've had digestion problems for more than ten years and was nervous about fasting. Each person goes on their own journey (as much as that term may be overused at times, it's totally appropriate in this case). At the end of the week, I couldn't believe the results. I felt absolutely incredible, my digestion obviously had had a break and I felt great. I hadn't appreciated the difference it can make to your skin (I'm most grateful for the effect on my whole body) but a couple of weeks after the retreat, I went to hairdressers and she asked if I'd had a face lift!! A nice bonus effect :)

I'd never done this length of fast before and I'm glad I did it with the Sura team. I'll certainly go back and wouldn't hesitate in recommending it. x

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

I arrived at Sura with some trepidation as I've been on different types of retreats in the past .I needn't have worried Dao and his team are grounded,knowledgable,caring and fun! I thought I knew a fair bit about nutrition but Dao's lectures blew me away with the depth of knowledge,the ability to bring many strands together to give a very comprehensive view of human nutrition.I left feeling energised,inspired and looking good! My daughters look one look at me and declared they wanted to come with me next visit which I certainly will take them up on and we will return next year for more Sura well- being magic

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Folkestone, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

I went back to Sura for a week's detox about four years after my first visit and found that the team was just as welcoming and skilled, the accommodation just as comfortable and well organised. I love the wonderful countryside, the yoga classes, the swimming pool, the massages (as well as the fasting and colonics!) and the fact that nothing is too regimented. The highlight of each day is the talk on different aspects of nutrition given by Dao. The team has made improvements to the programme since my first visit and among other things now there is an excellent cookery demonstration by Nikki on the last day which makes going back to “normal” much easier.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Have just returned from my fourth Sura Detox retreat. Such a peaceful break from the fast pace of normal life, being at peace in the beautiful Devon countryside. I feel great after the resting, the fasting, even the colonics! And the Sura Detox team are always there, warm and welcoming , to look after you during the week's journey. I am looking forward to my fifth visit!

Charles.

Room Tip: Stay in Vinneys cottage if you can