“3 night stay bed & breakfast at Garragh Mhor” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Garragh Mhor

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ellenabeich
Garragh Mhor
You added Garragh Mhor to your Saves list
Ellenabeich PA34 4RF, Scotland   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Ellenabeich B&B and Inns
Winchester, United Kingdom
“3 night stay bed & breakfast at Garragh Mhor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

My wife and I stayed 3 nights bed & breakfast at Garragh Mhor in early July. The siting was magnificent, around 300 yards from the sea front. There was a small ferry making frequent trips to an island called Easdale. It only took about 3 minutes but this Island was once the most important slate mine. It supplied slate to cities around the world. This finished in the 1960,s but the miners cottages are still there and lived in. There is a nice restaraunt for snacks to main meals.
The bed & breakfast at Garragh Mhor was very good. On two of the mornings we had breakfast with visitors from Australia. The person running the B & B was a lovely lady who apart from suppling excellent breakfast was really warm and friendly. Its a long way to get there but really worth the effort

Room Tip: Ask for room 4
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Lauder, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Have just stayed here with my family & can only say as in previous visits the hospitality has been excellent, the WIFI kept my children happy. Rooms are well appointed & very clean, well worth staying here, especially useful if visiting the Corryvreckan with Seafari.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Helensburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

My husband and I had a couple of nights at this B and B near Oban last year - we received the same lovely welcome this time and enjoyed the same high standard - weather stunning -would definitely recommend a visit

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Paphos, Cyprus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

We were booked into another place in Knipoch but could not cope with the hard beds and so, being Christians, we prayed about where we should stay and felt lead to this utterly glorious little island. I called in at the only shop to ask for the possibility of B&Bs as all the signs we had seen were full, it turned out we were too early and Trish's sign had not been changed yet, nor did it need to be changed, what a superb place and utterly charming people (plus Angus - don't 'do' dogs - but he was a perfect gentleman). We had some smashing chats with Trish she is definitely our landlady of the year! We were in the end room and it was smashing. Trish's breakfasts were good but, mostly, it was Trish who made this place extra special. By the way Trish just to let you know, when I get around to it (!) I do have some photos of a lighthouse to send you!

Room Tip: Room 4, you have two windows and you are not overlooked.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dartmoor National Park, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

A very friendly welcome and brilliant hospitality! The B&B rooms are situated in the extension to the cottage which means guests have their own entrance. We stayed in the twin room which was modern, clean and airy. The B&B is only a couple of minutes walk from the pier where the ferry to the Isle of Easdale departs. The Isle of Seil is lovely to explore but we would highly recommend nipping over to Easdale to look around the old slate quarries and visit the Puffer restaurant – gorgeous lobster! The breakfast was fantastic and included the famous Stornoway black pudding – an essential part of a great Scottish breakfast!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

We visited the beautiful Isle of Seil on 27-29 June for a family wedding. As there were no family rooms, my husband and i each took one child in a room with us, but we couldn't have asked for more. The rooms were clean, well decorated and spacious (& offered home made shortbread!). The owners were lovely and very welcoming, and the breakfast was delicious and considerably better than many hotels I have stayed in. In short I could not fault this wonderful B&B and would highly recommend it.

Stayed June 2014
edinburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

I have stayed with Trish, Steve and Angus twice now and it is without doubt one of the lovliest B and Bs ,in one of the lovliest settings. Garragh Mhor is right underneath a little hill, that a 5 minute walk up to a bench will give you a fantastic view of the Ellenabeich and the island. The rooms and bathrooms are spotless and pretty with lots of nice extra touches such as homemade shortbread etc. I went on the Seafari Wildlife trip (which was excellent we saw dolphins, seals and stags etc) and then again in March on the Corryvreckan Whirpool Tour which was very exhilarating and exciting (thanks for that Steve). When I got back there was Trish standing in the hallway with a lovely hot pot of tea and homemade biscuits for me. Another day I did not have time to have breakfast and so she made me the most amazing packed breakfast , that kept me going the whole day. The food here is superb.My favourite being the chicken glazed with orange and almond flakes and although I do not normally go for the soup Trish's homeade soups (and Pate') are to die for.It is a wonderful place and you will not want to leave Garragh Mhors wonderful hosptality. Thanks again Trish,Steve and Angus and I will see you again soon.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Been to Garragh Mhor? Share your experiences!