“Will be going again” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Dalmally Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dalmally
Dalmally Hotel
You added Dalmally Hotel to your Saves list
Dalmally, Dalmally, Scotland   |
Ranked #5 of 8 Dalmally B&B and Inns
Stourbridge, United Kingdom
“Will be going again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

We had a lovely time, there was nothing to complain about really, and we felt well looked after.
It was cold on the trips,out, but the hotel was always pleasant.
The evening entertainers were like pub entertainer, just good enough to keep the evening going.
We would not recommend the Whisky tour, the least attractive day out, but still good enough to go.
Oban was lovely, cold but lovely.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Leicester, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We had good reviews from friends who had previously been on Highland Heritage trips. Our personal experience and our first ever trip to Scotland has been great, we thoroughly enjoyed our holiday with HH Tours. Hotel staff, comfort and food, excellent, as was the entertainment in the evenings! The coach trips were brilliant, so were the drivers and the local knowledge they imparted to us! all in all, value for money was excellent! We will definitely be doing more of these trips in the near future. We only had one whinge about the heating in our room, but we spoke to the manager and this was addressed so full marks guys!

notts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Ten of us went for 5 days at the dalmally hotel we had a real good time the meals at the hotel are very good the staff nice and freindly cannot do enough for you.The buses and bus drivers are also good as are the trips you go on.
The only down side is the boss who owns the company makes you use hand gell when you get on the firms buses everytime you go in the hotel and every time you go in the dining room its a pain in the but i group think the boss a me Cleaver as a fad about hand gel get a live Mr Cleaver.

Room Tip: all rooms are quite at night.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Doncaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

We read some of the reviews before we came.I can only assume from my experience of our stay that all the negative comments about the hotel,staff,food etc are from the older end of the travellers.If anyone complained it was these older ones.As for the staff,yes they were from all over europe,but we found them to be very very helpful and courteus the whole time we were there.One of our party was on a gluten free diet and so brought his own braed etc.The manager,Michael,looked after him personally. the meals are very good and the entertainment at night was good also.The trips out were excellent,the driver being very well informed as to the history of the place and made the trips very interesting.As to the comment about the £3.00 charge to visit the distillery,I cant believe the meaness of that comment as the usual charge is £9.95.The visit was very good by the way,better than sitting in the cafe because you cant afford £3.00.

Room Tip: get on the second floor if you can its just enough out of the way.
England
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I felt I had to warn others about this Company.
After reading the wonderful literature, my friends and I booked a week at this hotel with Highland Heritage.
After a wonderful journey to the hotel in a superb coach, things went downhill. First of all I spent twenty minutes cleaning our bathroom - although it had obviously been wiped around there were still lots of dirt and hairs left- urg.
Then I found blood on my pillowcase! Yes I agree it was changed, but it should never have happened in the first place!!
As it was a very special birthday for me, my companions had asked if it would be possible for a cake to be organised - "NO" came the reply, so they arranged for a bottle to be in our room upon arrival - guess what, nothing there.
They asked again and the next day a bottle of wine was slammed down on our dinner table!!
The entertainment was fairly good, but the so called wonderful flowers were dead!!! For someone who prides their hotels on great gardening and surrounds, I would suggest they remove the dead flowers, cobwebs and spiders from the flower troughs throughout the hotel.
Our journey home could only be described as "a white knuckle ride". From Dalmally to Stoke on Trent with only ONE stop at a near constant high speed, as close to the vehicle in front as possible (including through the small scottish lanes!!)
When we were told by the driver we would arrived home at 3 pm - I politely pointed out that we had previously been told it would be around 5 pm and we all had taxies booked for that time. His reply was simply one word "TOUGH".
We later heard him on the phone telling someone he intended to get to Liverpool come hell or high water!! (For us on that coach it was hell!!))
I wrote to the hotel to complain, then to the Company and finally to the boss himself. I received no satisfactory reply except that it would be looked into.
I have heard nothing since.
So it you want a quiet, relaxing holiday - do not use Highland Heritage.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Leigh, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I visited the Dalmally Hotel during the Christmas period with my wife and we were disappointed with some things which I expressed in a letter to Mr Cleaver. Some of the points made were such as that on most occasions the food was not hot and serving on cold plates did not help. The Christmas dinner was most disappointing with what I would describe as " plastic" turkey and stuffing balls very difficult to cut. On one evening the so called Roast Gammon was thin sliced ham with a slice of pineapple on top smothered with gravy. I stated that the Christmas buffet was excellent and that it was one of the best we had had over the years and that the chef was to be complimented. Re the bedromm I stated that everything was good except that the bed was uncomfortable and creaked very badly. I asked where the "quiet" room was as stated in the new brochure as at times the entertainment, although good, was too loud to try and hold a conversation, a reasonable request.The response I recieved was very surprising as the tone of the letter was of an arrogant attitude and questioned my credibility based on the fact that no one else had complained (maybe he should look at Tripadvisor as they are not all complimentary) I booked the trip based on recommendations but following the response I recieved I certainly will not go with Highland Heritage again nor will I recommend them

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

my partner & i went on the twixmas break to the Dalmally hotel 27th-30th december 2012. It was lovely, the hotel, rooms, food and staff were wonderful! Well worth the money and the tours were good too. It's the 1st time we have used Highland Heritage and we'll be booking again this year but trying another hotel within the company. Thankyou to the Manager of the Dalmally for making our stay a wonderful one.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Dalmally Hotel? Share your experiences!