“Perfect!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 Barcaldine B&B and Inns
Perth
“Perfect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I recently had the pleasure of a 2 night stay with my sister at Ardtorna. From the moment we arrived we felt welcome and incredibly lucky to be in such a special place. There really aren't enough words to sum up how great this place is. We felt like we were living in a fabby Grand Design home and certainly didn't want to leave. It's immediately apparent how much passion Karen and Sean have for "their baby" every little detail is thought about. To arrive somewhere to the smell of warm scones made just for you was the perfect start to our stay. The surroundings are luxurious, the atmosphere super relaxed and the breakfasts absolutely amazing, only downside is not staying enough nights to be able to try them all out. The amount of comments I have had from friends and family from the piccies I took speak volumes. We will most definately be back!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
KarenOby, Owner at Ardtorna B&B, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your 2 night stay here at Ardtorna with your sister.

I was delighted that you both enjoyed your break, and liked the modern design of our property. Great too to read that our scones served straight from the oven went down well too !

We look forward to welcoming you back to Ardtorna again in the not too distant future ...

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Edinburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

We stayed at Ardtorna last weekend.

Everything was fantastic for our weekend away from the standard of accommodation to our brilliant hosts. We have stayed in 5 star hotels before but this really matched if not bettered them in terms of luxury. The new build accommodation is very comfortable and Karen and Sean have great taste in style. We had a jacuzzi bath en-suite which we enjoyed and the Morton brown soaps etc were a great touch. Bed was so comforfotable we had a great sleep too.

Breakfast was one of the best I have had at any hotel (compliments to Sean!) and the free nuts, chocolates and nibbles were much appreciated. The complimentary baileys was very good and homemade too. Location wise this place is stunning we awoke on Sunday to deer walking past our bedroom window and the sunset was gorgeous in the evening. We took a drive to glencoe for a walk and the amazing scenery reminds you how beautifull Scotland is.

It was obvious to us both how proud Karen and Sean are of Ardtorna and also how they have shaped the whole visitor experience to exactly as they expect it to be and it is great to see. We have never considered b&bs before but now see why this more personal accommodation can be a better option than a hotel.

Thanks again for a great stay and fingers crossed for the awards you both deserve it!

Neil & Ailsa

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
KarenOby, Owner at Ardtorna B&B, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Neil and Ailsa,

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review on your 2 night stay with us.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your break with us , and that you liked all the little extras that we offer our guests from the Molton Brown toiletries to our home made whisky cream liqueur !
I shall pass your comments onto Sean with regards to his breakfasts - he will be most pleased to hear your kind words.

Great too that you saw the deer on the lawn, they seem to be visiting us most days now, which is lovely to see.

Many thanks too for your good wishes with regards the award ceremonies that are coming up - Sean and i both love what we do , and we feel we are most fortunate to be able to live at Ardtorna and welcome guests into our home.
If we are lucky enough to win any more awards it would just be wonderful !

May I take this opportunity to say how lovely it was to meet you both and to chat to you during your stay. I do hope that we will be able to welcome you both back to Ardtorna in the not too distant future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Ardtorna .. ? Where do I start ..? !!! :))

My husband works away (Africa ) and we like to just get away mostly to 5* hotels relax and get pampered and spend time together.

I came across Ardtorna through an itison deal and thought that the pic looked beautiful .. Very grand design type building with lots of extras .. But one thing put me off a little was that Ardtorna was a B&B .. But decided to book as it just sounded beautiful.

The drive was lovely .. My husband loves to spend time up north and this was the perfect route to get to Ardtorna ..

When we arrived.. Little early .. We met the Owner ( Karen ) she was so super friendly and had chatted to us on route on FB earlier.. Posting that she was making homemade scones with cream and Jam etc .. How fantastic ?.. How very personal .. I loved that !!

Karen showed us through to our gorgeous room .. Molton Brown products /Jacuzzi / flowers / chocolates/ fluffy bath robes .. Giant fluffy towels .. A mini bar to help yourself ..An amazing bed .. With rose petals .. Stunning !! Wow ..and an amazing view !!!! Wow...
This wasn't any normal B&B ?! This was 6*star ..Really .. !!!!
The most amazing B&B I have every come across .. This was better than most 5*star hotels for luxury and service .. Every little detail ? Perfect .. And I have stayed in amazing hotels...Immaculate .. Stunning .. scent of Jo Molone to make Ardtorna smell as beautiful as she looked... Did I say perfect ?!

My husband loved the home made cream liqueur and whisky which Karen would leave in the hall way to just .. Help ourselves .. Wonderful touch .. !

The breakfast the next morning .. ???Amazing .. Lots of choice ..special touches ..the ambience .. Welcoming Calming .. Interesting ..
Wish I had tried more now from the menu Next time :)

Last word .. If like me .. You love luxury ? Amazing food ? Beautiful surroundings .. Wonderful service .. ? This is the place to
Visit .. You will find yourself NOT wanting to leave !!!!
Thank you to Karen and Sean .. :) see you very soon :)

Carol Rivers

• Stayed February 2013
KarenOby, Owner at Ardtorna B&B, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Carol,

Thank you for your glowing review on your 1 night stay with us at Ardtorna.

It was such a delight to meet you both...

It was so lovely to read all of your super comments with regards to your stay, and what we offer our guests during a stay.

I was delighted to read that my home made whisky cream liqueur went down well with Innes , and you both enjoyed our scones that we serve upon arrival that come straight out of the oven !

Both Sean and I really enjoy what we do, and we take great pride in welcoming people to Ardtorna. I must say when we receive such lovely reviews it is very rewarding for us.

We look forward to your next visit to Ardtorna ...
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Ardtorna B&B for 2 nights on a 'mini-moon' following our wedding. We were very impressed firstly by the stunning location, overlooking a beautiful loch. Secondly the building itself is incredibly well designed with a modern yet warm and inviting interior. The rooms are well kitted out with an extremely comfortable bed, good lighting, floor to ceiling windows, ipod doc, tv and a bathroom with a very welcome jacuzzi bath. Thirdly, Karen and Sean who run the B&B are great and give you a warm welcome on arrival with the offer of scones and jam - which were a delight! They also offer great advice about places to go during your stay.

One of the highlights during the trip was trying our hand at the traditional longbow archery that Sean teaches. He was incredibly knowledgable and managed to get two novices hitting the target within no time! It was great fun and I would recommend anyone to give it a try for something different to do.

The breakfast is some of the best I've had anywhere with a wide choice of cooked breakfasts as well as different cereals and teas to try. It was quite an experience!

In summary, I would recommend this to anyone looking for a special weekend away. It offers luxury in a location that is hard to beat! Thank you Karen and Sean for our great mini-moon!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
KarenOby, Owner at Ardtorna B&B, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your 2 night mini moon stay with us at Ardtorna.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed the design of our place, and that you were able to enjoy many of the extras we like to offer our guests while staying with us.

It was super that you managed to squeeze in an hours archery lesson with Sean. He said that you both shot very well, and that you were both a delight to teach.

I do hope that we will be able to welcome you both back to Ardtorna at some other future date - perhaps to celebrate an anniversary !
Isle of Mull, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

our first break away from the kids for 17 years and we couldn't have picked a nicer place to spend it .
from the warm welcome from Karen with freshly made scones jam and clotted cream on our our arrival to the luxurious facilities on offer we couldn't have been happier with our choice of accommodation.
perfect weather ,the jacuzzi bath ,molten brown toiletries, his n hers bath robes,an amazing comfortable bed to sleep on ,nibbles and all the other little things make this a hidden gem that has to be seen to be believed .
and i couldn't do a complete review without mentioning Sean's exceptional breakfast the range of choices available was just incredible not to mention delicious.
i wouldn't hesitate recommending ardtorna to anyone.
thanks so much for giving us such a wonderful visit,my only regret was not having enough time to have an archery lesson.
Next time though

Room Tip: the whole of the b and b is done up to and amazing standard and all the rooms have the same wonderfu...
KarenOby, Owner at Ardtorna B&B, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Martin and Allison,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your stay with us at Ardtorna.

I was delighted to hear that you both enjoyed your stay with us, and that you were able to enjoy all that we offer up here.

I shall pass your kind comments onto Sean with regards to his breakfast , he will be most pleased to hear your comments.
He takes great pride in his cooking , and he was delighted to receive ' The AA breakfast Award ' last week.

I do hope that you will manage another trip over from Mull to visit us again in the not too distant future.

Should you just be passing through or just on the mainland for the day, pop out and Sean could perhaps give you a private archery lesson.
Dunbar, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

My wife and I have just returned home from a fantastic 3 night stay at Ardtorna. We are so glad that we booked after reading the many excellent reviews. From the moment we arrived we knew this b & b was that extra bit special. Our hosts Karen and Sean really go the extra mile to ensure their guests have an exceptional time at Ardtorna.
Freshly baked scones with jam and cream were served within minutes of us checking in. Just outside our room we found complimentary freshly brewed coffee available all day and another excellent touch from the owners is a complimentary night cap with the choice of a smooth malt whisky or/and home made baileys.
The attention to detail throughout is first class.The decor is light, bright and modern with floor to ceiling windows giving you a fantastic view over the loch and mountains. To watch the sunset over the loch from the comfort of our stylish room will stay with us for a very long time.
Each deluxe bedroom is en suite either with a Jacuzzi bath and shower or wet room and the complimentary luxurious toiletries are by Molton Brown. I think Karen and Sean must provide the biggest and softest towels you could ever imagine and there are also giant thick dressing gowns for you to wear. The king size bed was so comfortable that you didn't want to get up in the morning. Our room had a fridge, tv/dvd player, i-pod docking station, hair dryer, hospitality tray with a supply of complimentary chocolates and nibbles.
One thing that bugs me when staying away from home is that too often the bedroom is either too hot or too cold. I can tell you that we had no such problem here. Our hosts have got the temperature spot on for their guests.
In the dining room wall to wall glass allowed us to enjoy the superb view at breakfast. The choice for breakfast is huge with something for everyone.
We are looking forward to going back and have no hesitation in giving Ardtorna a 'Perfect 10'

Room Tip: You can request either a jacuzzi bath or a wet room
KarenOby, Owner at Ardtorna B&B, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a glowing review on your 3 night stay with us at Ardtorna.

It was so lovely to read all your comments with regards to your stay.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed the many aspects of our place from the home made whisky cream liqueur to the gourmet breakfast.

May I say that it was lovely to meet you both and to chat to you over the 3 days that you stayed with us, and I do hope it will not be too long beofre we can welcome you both back to Ardtorna again.

May I take this opportunity to wish you all the best for your daughters wedding in Florida later in the year.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

My husband Graeme and I stayed for one night in the beautiful Ardtorna and would certainly recommend it! Everything is of the highest standard and is beautifully and tastefully decorated. lovely extra touches like the flowers and chocolates in the room and even peanuts and nibbles in the fridge! complimentary home made whisky cream and whisky was lovely touch too. The breakfast was delicious and with so many choices it was difficult to chose one! Graeme said it was best cooked brekkie he'd had a for ages! owners Karen and Sean made us most welcome and Karen even told me where she had got the beautiful lights above the dining table after I admired them! Views from rooms were lovely and I didn't want to leave! As for the comfort of the bed - AMAZING!!!

KarenOby, Owner at Ardtorna B&B, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your one night stay with us at Ardtorna.

I was delighted to read that you both enjoyed your stay, and were able to enjoy all the little extras that we offer our guests during their stay.
Great that the home made whisky cream liqueur went down well. As it is one of our new additions for 2013, so it is always great to receive feedback from our guests.

I have passed you comments onto Sean with regards to his breakfast. He will be most pleased.

I do hope that we will be able to welcome you both back to Ardtorna again in the not too distant future.

Been to Ardtorna B&B? Share your experiences!