From the moment we drove up to Ardtorna we knew we were going to love it, the building is just exquisite. We got a friendly welcome from our hosts Karen and Sean along with homebaked sones with clotted cream and jam on arrival. The house itself is just stunning from the outside, only to be outdone by the interior decor. Our room was absolutely beautiful, complete with fresh flowers and fruit, water, tea and coffee (with an added espresso machine outside our room), a fridge with nibbles, beautiful toiletries, cosey bathrobes and the BEST gigantic towels in our wet room. For ladies, there are hairdryers supplied and great lighting for applying makeup.
Our hosts at Artorna were scond to none, Karen and Sean gave us great recommendations for eating out and were very helpful in booking the restaurants where we wanted to dine (if you get a chance, give the Isle of Eriska Hotel a try, short of being Michelin star this place is an absolute hidden gem, also, The Seafood Temple in Oban is a must for fish lovers).
The breakfast menu is extensive with everything you could wish for and more, i would recommend the Ardtorna Speciality, although everything else my husband and i tried were equally as nice, the breakfast room is beautiful from the table decoration to the stunning crockery. If you are very lucky, you may even get the delight of being joined for breakfast by a family of deer who live nearby.
Fiona, who served us breakfast on the first day is very welcoming and chatted away like an old friend, she is an absolute credit to the Ardtorna and Karen and Sean.
All in all, for a couple trying to get away from the hustle and bustle of family life, this is just what we were looking for and more, we feel VERY lucky to have stayed here and without a doubt, will be staying again in the near future, thank you to everyone at the Ardtorna for making it such a joy.
Elaine and Iain Glover, Dundee
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ardtorna is a purpose built eco friendly property. It is Scotlands only 5 star gold bed and breakfast with the AA. In 2013 it won the best ' Guest House / B and B for Scotland with the AA, Visit Scotland and The Scottish Hotel Awards, making it the first time in history that all 3 organisations picked the same accommodation ! All the deluxe bedrooms with vaulted ceilings are en-suite with either a spa bath and a high powered shower or a colour changing wet room. Each bedroom has spectacular loch views. Each room has full sized Molton Brown toiletries, TV, I pod docking station, DVD player, fluffy bath robes, gigantic bath towels, hospitality tray, etc are a few of the items for you to enjoy while staying at our amazing property. Scones straight from the oven are served with clotted cream and home made jam between 4 and 6 pm on the day of arrival. Each bedroom has a fridge with complimentary items such as nuts, sweets etc.During a stay at Ardtorna guests can help themselves to complimentary Malt Whisky and Home Made Whisky Cream Liqueur. Spa and golf passes are complimentary for any 3 night stays ( This must be arranged at the time of booking , and is subject to availability ). Please contact us directly by booking on our own web site or by e mail - this is always the cheapest option. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Ardtorna B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ardtorna Hotel Barcaldine
- Ardtorna Bed And Breakfast
- Ardtorna B&B Barcaldine, Scotland