“Classy and friendly feel good hotel” 5 of 5 stars

You added Stradey Park Hotel to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Furnace, Llanelli SA15 4HA, Wales   |
Ranked #4 of 8 hotels in Llanelli
Cardiff
“Classy and friendly feel good hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I booked this hotel last minute, as following the diagnosis of a life threatening disease, I needed a break near the sea to clear my head and despite living in South Wales, I have not been to this beautiful area of my homeland. I came across this hotel when googling the area and the reviews were great.

The booking was made direct with the hotel and the gentleman I booked the room with was very friendly and helpful. I booked a stay and dine for myself and a good friend for just £110, which included full breakfast and a three course meal in their Sapphire restaurant.

The hotel is tucked away up a hill and has great views, including the coast, which is just a 10 minute drive away.

There was a wedding taking place when we got there, but we managed to find a parking space. Check in was smooth and the staff as friendly and helpful as the man I initially booked with. The hotel has a lovely feel about it.

Our room (105), was cosy and clean. The decor was very smart. We had a view over the car park and the coast in the background. We were not bothered by any noise from the wedding party and slept well on the comfortable beds.

We drove to a lovely beach called North Gate in Traeth for walk, which had a nice cafe overlooking the beach with a balcony, where we sat taking in the views with a latte.

The menu for the inclusive three course meal was varied and wonderful and it was hard to decide what to go for. Every course was beautifully presented and was delicious. I would go back just to try other things on the menu! The restaurant decor is beautifully done and feels very calming.

Breakfast was varied and absolutely delicious once again.

We asked for a late check out, which was no problem and we were going to stay for Sunday lunch, but we were too full to do it justice. Check out was as smooth as check in and I have a feeling the very lovely and friendly gentelman on reception at the end of our stay may have been the one that took my initial booking.

Check out the hotel website for offers and treat yourself to a very relaxing break, fantastic food and friendly staff in a great classy hotel.

I look forward to going back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Daniel B, Manager at Stradey Park Hotel, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Dear Honesty,

Firstly thank you for taking the time to write a review on the hotel particularly at such a time when you have bigger things to worry about. I am delighted to hear that you had a nice relaxing time during your stay at the Stradey and I hope that in future you will be visiting in different circumstances.

I'm glad you made the most of the surrounding area, there are some really beautiful places close to the hotel and it's well worth exploring to see what's about. You can see from the Rooftop Lounge of the hotel the beauty there is in the area, some great views!

I am glad you found the food so appealing and the venue was to your satisfaction. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future and wish you the very best of health.

320 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

We stayed in 14 hotels around the U.K. on our last trip and found the Stradey Park to be by far the best. fantastic staff especialy Shasha on the front desk who was charming and a credit to any hotel.She went out of her way to keep phoning my wife to inform her that she had left her purse in the room,.We were on our way to gatwick and had popped in a relatives to say goodbye and the phone was in our rental car so her persistance meant we only had a short trip back to the hotel to pick it up. fantastic breakfast. Keep up the good work and we hope to see you next year.
Phil and Shan,
Vancouver,
Canada.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Daniel B, Manager at Stradey Park Hotel, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear Phil and Shan,

Thank you for the high praise! It's nice to be thought of so highly.

We are very lucky to have such a great team of staff and Sacha is lovely. I will pass on your message, she will be glad to hear it! :)

It would be lovely if you came to visit again next year all the way from Canada. We are glad you enjoyed your stay so much and there will be a warm Welsh welcome awaiting you upon your return.

West Sussex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

It's easy to nit-pick about hotels but this one was surprisingly good! We booked fairly late on Expedia and got a good rate and were expecting that something wouldn't measure up. Wrong! Pleasant staff, nice light and airy room, very comfy bed, good restaurant and great breakfast. Well done Stradey Park!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear CabDriver,

Thank you for taking the time to review Stradey Park Hotel on TripAdvisor. It's great that you enjoyed your stay enough to take time out and put a review up, much appreciated.

I'm delighted to hear that we exceeded your expectations and that you got a good rate. We pride ourselves on affordable luxury.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future and thank you for choosing Stradey Park Hotel.

Staffordshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

In September I posted a review that while generally complimentary commented adversely on the disabled facilities especially for wheelchair users.(My daughter is a wheelchair user). This related to small bathrooms with no turning space and lack of disabled parking (one space only).

During our stay the Duty Manager listened carefully to my daughter's suggestions spending time with her to actually see the problems. She then made sure a Director was aware of these matters.

The hotel manager responded to the posting but more important the hotel has put in hand extensive building works to remedy the deficiencies. Obviously these take time but by the end of Feb 2013 all should be well. As the hotel was in all other respects very good with outstanding staff we have no hesitation in recommending it to users of all abilities.

As regards rooms check if there are weddings so you are not near the disco! Additionally the excellent restaurant, Samphires, can be overun when there is a function.

Well done Stradey Park!

Room Tip: Keep away from the disco if a function is on.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Daniel B, Manager at Stradey Park Hotel, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Dear Les,

Thank you for re-posting your review and for your comments regarding our pro-active response. We want all of our guests to enjoy the same level of service and enjoyment when they stay, with this in mind we always listen to feedback very carefully and wherever possible act on it.

We hope you will come back and visit after the rooms have been adapted and let us know what you think.

Wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

We all enjoyed a family wedding at this excellent hotel, with first class service and very helpful and friendly staff. The Boutique room in which we stayed was of a very high standard and well equipped. I would thoroughly recommend this hotel as a wedding venue, with a good ambience, attentive staff, a pleasant rooftop lounge and well cooked food.

Room Tip: There are nice views at the front of the hotel, but delivery drivers may wake you around 7am.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Daniel B, Manager at Stradey Park Hotel, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear Steve,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of the hotel. I am delighted to hear that the wedding you attended was a success and that you felt the service was first class.

Thank you for the recommendation, customer recommendations are the best form of advertising we could hope for. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope you will come and visit us again soon. As you're local maybe for a Christmas party?

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Stayed for 12 Nights. Expansive room, 38 inch tv, comfortable bed, nice decor, friendly staff, ample parking, free (high-speed) WiFi, short walk to the town and booking through Expedia one of the best rates in the town. Couldn't have asked for more.

Stayed September 2012
Daniel B, Manager at Stradey Park Hotel, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Dear Mick,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on Stradey Park Hotel. I'm delighted to hear you found no faults with the service in your 12 day break.

We hope that if you want to visit Wales again that you will call in and pay us a visit.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I checked into Stradey Park Hotel in Furnace, Llanelli on 17th Sept. for three nights with my disable wife. At my request, I was allocated a room on ground floor with so-called disable facilities. We received warm welcome. The room was reasonably large and clean with normal bath room. The restaurant was very nice with good food and plenty to eat at the breakfast time. Everything seemed okay until we decided to have shower after we arrived driving over 200 miles from London. Both my wife and I was shocked when I saw the bathroom flooded with water. I got panic and put all the available towels around the shower cubicle to stop the water spreading beyond the bathroom. I thought we made some mistake in adjusting the walk-in shower doors. Unfortunately, the same thing happened again next morning and I had no option but to cover most of the flooded area with towels. The matter was reported to the Receptionist on three occasions in one day i.e. on 18th, but nothing was done except promises. On 19th, I called the Duty Manager after we had shower in the morning. She was shocked to see the wet towels every where on bathroom floor. She immediately called the Maintenance Manager who was equally shocked. He promised to rectify the problem but could not help very much. He admitted that he received no reports earlier. In my opinion the walk-in shower was very badly designed with less than 3 ft high flimsy doors. The curtains were old and dirty plus difficult to pull into position particularly for a disable person. Now a days, the market is full of stylish shower cubicles with high plastic walls/doors suitable for disable/elderly people. Unfortunately, the base of the cubicle was not deep enough to hold the water. It simply overflowed to the bathroom area despite adjusting the rubber seal at the bottom of the doors which were mainly damaged or out of place. A note was placed by the Management on the bathroom wall warning occupants that the rubber seal should be facing inside the shower cubicle. It shows that the previous occupants also faced the similar problem but the Management made no efforts to resolve it and continued to allocate the room to their disable customers. Our short holiday was completely ruined as we could not use the shower without the fear of flooding the bathroom. So, we continued to stay in such conditions for another day and returned to London on 20th September. I received no further comments or apologies from the Management. I visit South Wales almost every year for social/religious events and stay at different venues. This is the first time that I experienced such problem in a top hotel in South Wales.

Room Tip: I would not advise any disable travellers to stay in Stradey Park Hotel. Once you are in, they do n...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Mehta,

I'm very sorry to hear of your difficulty with the walk-in shower and that the matter wasn't dealt with to your satisfaction. Guest satisfaction is very important to us and your comments have been noted and will be addressed.

There are plans underway to knock rooms through to create bathrooms that are double the size for easier wheelchair access. A member of senior management will contact you in due course regarding this.

Stradey Park Hotel

Been to Stradey Park Hotel? Share your experiences!