“I enjoy having a cooked dinner here, better than anywhere else!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 112 restaurants in Llanelli
Cuisines: British, Gastropub, Grill, Welsh
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: At The Bridge, Llangennech, (formerly The Old Bridge Inn) we pride ourselves on our home cooked food from local produce, the great atmosphere and excellent service our staff strive to create for our guests. Enjoy a meal from our A La Carte menu, extensive grill menu, weekly specials menu or our very popular carvery. The Bridge is a delightful building which provides a traditional backdrop for any occasion. We cater for all functions and you can count on us to ensure that your special occasion is one to remember. We have ample parking facilities and welcome coach parties with prior bookings.
“I enjoy having a cooked dinner here, better than anywhere else!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

I love having a cooked dinner here. It's beautiful, they never rush you to grab your veg and go! Very kind with the mean, I always tell them that its plenty. Brilliant choice of veg, got a bit of everything. There a nice calm atmosphere here. The locals will have a drink by the bar or outside but they are no bother. The price is brilliant. I go every week or every other week. I go when i can. Keep up the good work.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

86% Recommend
Llanelli, United Kingdom
“The Old Bridge is as good as ever”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

last Monday night four of us went to the old bridge for a meal, and I can say that the four of us thought the food along with the atmosphere was second to none; the four of us travel a lot over the UK and have eaten in hundreds of different places and I rate the Bridge as good as any for quality home cooked food; The big plus of the Bridge is the excellent staff, All are game for laugh nd all go the extra mile to make you feel welcome. The Bridge is also excellent value. The owners and the staff must be doing it right as the place is by far the most popular eating and meeting place for many miles around; see you all very soon

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Swansea, United Kingdom
“Very disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Four of us dined here and each had a different main course. Within 15 minutes the meal arrived, which suggests it was not freshly cooked. The tenderloin of pork and the chicken dishes were dry and smothered in cheese, perhaps to hide the average taste that re-heating results in. The mains were at best average and the desserts were not much better. The salad bar consisted of rice that was soaked in water and the rest was the usual fayre. Overall, a very disappointing night and we will not return.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Katie L, Owner at The Bridge, responded to this review, February 15, 2014
Dear Sir,

Thank you for giving feedback to your visit last year. Apologies it has taken this long to respond.

We are so sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your visit to The Bridge last August. As someone who clearly shares their feedback often on tripadvisor we want to be one of those 'Excellent' meals that you've enjoyed.

Our food at The Bridge is all freshly cooked. We pride ourselves on this and we're sorry you didn't feel this way. Our desserts are homemade and very varied. Our salad bar is regularly changed and we do feel it's better than offered in other restaurants.

We have a new menu launching on 21st February. Would you consider returning to try some of our new dishes? If so, please let us know as I would like to offer you something to make up for your last visit.

Thanks for your feedback. We take all feedback very seriously and are always looking to improve our guests' experience at The Bridge,

Katie
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Depends what you're used to!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Carvery is extremely popular here (lots of people) but very average in taste and presentation. Slightly soggy and tasteless but inoffensive.
Other meals were better....family enjoyed the lamb and mint pie.
Suppose it may be fairly good for the local area but, we come from Oxford and are used to an abundant supply of far superior options.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“I used to come here all the time, But this was the last.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

I used to love the Old Bridge Inn, and used to regularly meet here with friends for lovely food and great service. I'd heard from many people that the quality and service at The Bridge has worsened but assumed it was hearsay and nevertheless I had amassed over £12 in loyalty points from my previous, frequent visits. I ordered the Beef Madrass. it was black, microwaved, bland, and tasteless. I'm not one to be fussy with food and send things back to the Kitchen but this had to go back. There were only 2 members of staff in, one lady behind the bar and a young man serving from the Kitchen so the service was very poor but not at their fault. Both were friendly and polite but were struggling to keep up with a party booked and other diners and because of this our drinks were forgotten about and we had to go up to the bar to order them for the second time. There should have been more staff in, this was down to nothing more than poor management. I felt sorry for the staff.

I'm sorry but my days as a regular diner are over and will be trying the newly opened Tafarn Y Morlais next time.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere