“not as described” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 9 Llanelli B&B and Inns
Bristol, United Kingdom
“not as described”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

on arrival there was no one to meet us it took half an hour for someone to appear .The room which was supposed to be a family room was just an extra very small single bed shoved in a corner which was right by the window that opened out so wide a small child could easily fall out onto the patio area below.The beds also had no valances on so the dirty divans were visible
On the subject of the patio area this was also the smoking area so all the smoke would just come up through the window.

The bathroom although having a jacuzzi style bath was not clean and there was lots of mildew around the jets it just didnt look clean and I wouldnt have wanted to get in it let alone allow my daughter to.
This is also advertised as near to the gower which it is not .

We didnt stay in this accommodation as it was in my mind only 2 stars although the downstairs area looked quite new sadly that isnt where you sleep !!!

also when i went down to reception to say we were leaving there was still no one about customer service at its very worst .

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Leeds, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

A colleague and I stayed here for business. The hotel on the exterior isn't impressive at all, we were almost put off considering its 4*. Inside it is a different story, nice little bar and medium sized restaurant. We were shown to our rooms, mine was a decent size over looking to main road which wasn't over busy, and clean. The bathroom had recently been refurbished and the shower was very impressive but wasnt getting very hot! Would have been a nice shower though. There are tea and coffee facilities too. Nice enough room to be honest, we ate in the restaurant and the food was delicious, thoroughly recommended! great choice of honest and tasty food. The breakfast was average, not a great selection especially for 2 veggies for the cooked side although eggs, mushroom and tomatos are available. Only grapefruit fruit side and I didnt see the continental as I think you had to ask for it. The main problem we both had was the noise. I was at the top of the stairs which was horrendous for noise, I could hear everything downstairs, all the doors banging, EVERYONE coming upstairs to their rooms. When I knocked on my colleagues door, the person next door answered theirs too as the walls were so thin. Its a good job I brought earplugs but I could still hear downstairs in the restaurant through them. The service from the staff was fautless though, very attentive without being annoying. I would probably try a few other places in the area if I am down there again before coming back here - this is purely down to the thin walls though which is a shame.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the stairs!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

Extremely thin walls - I could hear the man next door snoring. Very loud every time someone went in or out of their room, the room; a lot of creaking doors. Can hear people walking around all the time.

Very small rooms, one didn't even have a door to th bathroom

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

I stayed here last week because I had a job interview in the area. Got a taxi from the train station which was very close to the hotel, only about £4. Was welcomed warmly by a young woman at the reception and shown to my room. The room was ideal en - suite with a double bed, hairdryer and telly. Slept well, but there was no duvet only a sheet, which was fine because it was Summer but hopefully you'd get a proper Duvet in Winter. Next day, I'd booked a taxi but it didn't arrive, so the restaurant manager (or hotel manager - not sure, sorry!) said he'd take me ASAP - so kind! Slept well again the next night, lovely food in the restaurant too. Next day I needed to go to station, went downstairs to check - out and the manager offered me a lift to the train station and went to the cash machine on the way, so lovely! If I was in Llanelli again I would definitely stay here again. I'm only 21 but wasn't scared at all staying there, felt so friendly and warm! Give it a visit!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Woodbridge, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

From a hotel point of view, the Coastal Park is more of a restaurant/grill with rooms.
Let's get the less positive elements out of the way first. The rooms are comfortable (good beds, plenty of towels & pillows, kettle), but are a little let down by poor sound-proofing and unbelievably complex bathroom equipment which functions only moderately well. Having said that, the rooms are not expensive -- so maybe I'm being a bit of a curmudgeon.
On the positive side, the Coastal Park features a restaurant that many local people dress up to go to -- and it's easy to understand why. The menu is very varied, the quality of both ingredients and preparation is generally good, and it would be very difficult to complain about the portion sizes. I've stayed there three times, for two nights on each visit, and I've never been remotely tempted to go outside the hotel to eat. At the time of writing, prices are set at about £5-6 for the average starter and £13-14 for the average main course. It is possible to pay extra for side dishes of vegetables, but quite unnecessary. The wine list is short, but well judged, and offers several very acceptable options for less than £15 per bottle.
Best of all, though, are the people. Both the proprietors and the staff fall over themselves to be helpful. There are many much more expensive establishments where you would feel less welcome. Attentive service from delightful people.
I'll be back next year!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

We stayed here for 1 night after cycling around Pembrokeshire and couldn't have been happier. The owner was really friendly, made us feel relaxed and let us keep our bikes inside. The room was extremely clean, the bed was very comfortable and the jacuzzi bath was fantastic.
They opened breakfast earlier than normal as we had an early train to catch, the food was freshly prepared and delicious. Great value for money and couldn't recommend it highly enough!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Nantwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

Just needed to be in Llanelli for one night and this place had good reviews so I thought I would give it a go. I was a bit concerned about there being no photos of the front but when we got there it looked absolutely fine. It was very busy so the car parks were full but we were able to get a space on the road outside, you don't need permits over weekend.

As has been mentioned before by other people the back entrance to the car park was not the best (down a back alley where all the bins are kept from all the houses), maybe they could have a go at smartening it up a little bit but I doubt they can stop people dumping rubbish bags out there until collection day.

The staff were all friendly and helpful and we were shown to our room. It was basic but just what we needed and everything was clean and worked well. The bed was comfortable . There was a bit of noise when other people came up to bed, i think the walls are quite thin but this was only for 5-10 minutes per time and is just something you have to put up with in a busy hotel.

We decided to eat in the Grill because we had arrived quite late. We had to wait a short time to get a table because they were busy but they had a bar and seating area. The food was very good and there was lots of it.

Breakfast in the morning was good as well.

I would definately stay here again if I was back in the area.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Been to Coastal Park Hotel? Share your experiences!