“Poor location but you get what you pay for.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Vertice Aljarafe Hotel

Save Saved
You added Vertice Aljarafe Hotel to your Saves list
Vertice Aljarafe Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avda de la Republica Argentina #1, 41930 Bormujos, Spain   |
Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in Bormujos
Long Beach, California
“Poor location but you get what you pay for.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

For what we paid we got our moneys worth. The rooms were large but some of our fellow travelers had a problem with the smell of cigarettes in the room. The very fine pool made the hot days more bearable. But if you want to be near the city center look else where.

Room Tip: Don't be shy to ask for a room that suites your likes.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

145 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Bowling Green, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

I will try to write an objective review, but it might be difficult. When I entered our room for the first time, the smell was horrible (cigar, cigarette). Perhaps I'm spoiled by American hotels with non-smoking rooms, but I haven't been in such a foul smelling room for a long time. I was there for three days, and the smell never went away despite opening the window and trying to air out the room for an hour or so. We couldn't get another room, so we were stuck.

Anyway, if you are here to visit Seville, be aware that you are quite far away and there is no reasonable public transportation to or from the city. You will need a cab at a cost of 15-25 Euros if you don't have a car. There are some restaurants (nice ones, as well as McDonald's) and a supermarket a few blocks away, so you aren't totally isolated.

The best thing about the hotel is the WiFi, in my view. The signal is quite strong throughout the hotel, including individual rooms, and it works very well.

Our room is fairly spartan--no decoration whatever. Wooden floors and simple wallpaper define the room. There is a small tube TV and a desk. The room size is adequate, I would say. I thought the bed was fairly comfortable. The A/C is not very strong and it takes quite a while to cool down the room. There are plenty of electrical outlets for charging electronic devices, which is nice.

The bath area has a tub/shower, single sink, and hair dryer. The shower holds its temperature well, and the water pressure is good.

A pool is available, but it closes at 9 pm.

I doubt that I will return here again, but it really isn't a bad place to stay if you don't want to be near the city.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
phoenix
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

I stayed at this hotel as part of a tour group visiting Seville. It is adjacent to a bus line and a major supermarket (assuming it operating - not open on holidays like in the US). I stay in hotels all the time, and my #1 complaint had to be the overall comfort of the bed; it was horrible and very uncomfortable. The twin beds were terrible to sleep in. This high tech looking interior that is concrete/steel/non-absorbing materials also creates a sound machine; everything echos and is pretty noisy.

My #2 complaint on this hotel was our group dinner and group breakfast. This hotel was totally unprepared for having 2 tour groups in the hotel at the same time. The biggest issue with dinner is the staff provided no water as a beverage. I think this should be an option. The second dining issue was the hotel ran out of coffee cups for our tour group and it took lots of attention and time to get the staff to do something about it. I was not impressed.

A cab ride from the hotel to the historic city center in non-rush hour was 15 euros and about a 20 minute ride.

My overall conclusion is if you are going to make the journey to such a beautiful and exciting city, stay in the city limits and as close to the action as possible. Seville is an absolutely fantastic beautiful city that you will fall in love with. No need to dump yourself in the suburbs.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2011

I was very happy with this hotel because it's clean, secure, and the staff is sweet and helpful. The only thing I must say is that it is in the middle of nowhere, so if you are not driving, or you don't have a GPS to know how to access this location or how to go to the city, then it is very inconvenient to stay here.
We were driving but did not have the GPS and got very lost as we entered the area about 10pm. It took us something like 2 hours to finally get to this hotel. I speak the language so it was easy to ask directions at different gas stations.

The hotel is very geared toward business travelers, but it has great pricing and it's more comfortable than those in the middle of the city.

I would stay here again now that I know the area.

Room Tip: No fitness center but easy to jug around the area. Free internet!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
South Florida, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

Probably the only good part of the hotel is that it is neighboring with some Outlets. We stayed there for two nights. One of the major reasons we picked it was the pool. Oops it was closed... of course it was the end of swimming season the receptionist explained. The season ended 4 days before our stay, but the pool looked like it did not see a pool-guy for at least a month or so...very "sad" I mean. The other reason we decided to stay at Vertice Aljarafe is that we had a car and did not mind to drive a little. Well we drove more, than a little. It is located quite far from the the main attractions and did not worth the hassle with driving and the parking in the center. The room was a nice size tho, something between the studio and the suit. It was also very clean. Good bathroom with everything you need in it. We had two TVs one in the living room big and new and one in the bedroom old and tiny. The receptionists seemed to be always busy on the phones and not very helpful. Maybe English was the problem. Would not stay again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends

all.facilities.are.good

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2011

If you are on a budget AND are willing to spend time/money on transportation, this is an OK option, otherwise you'll enjoy more your visit to Sevilla on a better located hotel.
I knew what I was getting when I reserved a room for 4 here, but given the price is very hard to beat AND I had a car, I decided to take the risk.
Rooms are average, maybe a bit on the lower side, breakfast buffet is cheap and it's there where you'll notice the hotel is kind of oriented to serve tours and large groups of people traveling by bus. Underground parking is also quite cheap, something not so common in Spain.
Getting to Seville can be done by a bus you can take a block from the hotel (which we never saw even if we had the most up to date schedule, but I know it exists), by taxi which will cost around 20 euro each way or simply by car.
The neighborhood around the hotel is half residential half commercial, so nothing really exiting to do around there. Staff is helpful and response time to room request was quite timely, again a good value for the money, but maybe not for the average TripAdvisor traveler.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family

Been to Vertice Aljarafe Hotel? Share your experiences!