Great service, great food, polite staff love'd the sea view room absolute perfect week day away!
We where greeted by the owner witch was a nice surprised and checked in by a young boy who was polite, very well dressed black shirt and tie.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the beautiful Victorian town of Saltburn by the sea, the Spa Hotel offers breathtaking panoramic views of Hunt Cliff, the North Sea and the beautiful surrounding countryside of North Yorkshire. With 27 comfortable hotel rooms; each with its own en-suite facilities including bathtub and overhead shower, you are sure to have relaxing stay at the spa hotel. Take in the atmosphere of Saltburn with a refreshing drink from our fine selection of Wine and Real Ales, menus are also available both lunchtime and evenings. Enjoy the magnificent views while you dine from our bright conservatory restaurant. With outstanding natural beauty on our doorstep, you are sure to follow the path from our hotel directly into the valley of some 90-acres of woodland to the rear of the hotel. Take in the award winning Italian gardens as you stroll by the natural stream running through the wooded valley, or catch Saltburn's miniature railway from the beach throughout the Valley Gardens. The Victorian resort of Saltburn-by-the-sea still lives on today, with Britain's oldest water-based cliff lift still in operation. The Saltburn cliff lift transports passengers up and down the 120ft embankment to the sea front, Saltburn's famous Victorian Pier and town centre. Saltburn retains all of the charm and elegance of its heyday as a thriving Victorian Resort. The Smugglers Heritage Centre details the history of the once prospering smuggler trade along this beautiful coastline. August sees the annual International Folk Festival welcoming visitors from around the world to celebrate in music, dance and song. "If you are considering visiting at this time of year please book early to avoid disappointment". The Spa Hotel situated within the historic county of North Yorkshire allows for easy exploration of everything the north of England has to offer. A short drive takes you into the peace and tranquility of the North Yorkshire Moors National Park; famous for its beautiful scenery, wildlife and ambient walks. The North Yorkshire Moors has much to offer and can be enjoyed on foot or through a nostalgic steam train journey from Grosmont to Pickering through unspoiled countryside. "Most recently made famous for the well known television series "Heartbeat"." To the East of the hotel lies the historic towns of Staithes and Whitby, notorious for their Captain Cook connections, both within 20 miles drive. Visit the Captain Cook birthplace museum in the Industrial revolutions heartland of Middlesbrough. To the west of the hotel lies the coastal fishing town of Redcar, home to the world's oldest lifeboat, Enjoy an exciting day at the horse races at Redcar's Racecourse or stroll along the beachfront promenade recently the setting of the Oscar winning "Atonement film" starring Keira Knightley. Further afield from the hotel, Just outside Middlesbrough, Teesside Retail and Leisure Complex boasts a multi screen cinema, bowling arena, casino, bars, nightclubs and eateries. There is all this and so much more within close proximity to the hotel; our friendly staff are always on hand to help recommend the best sites no matter what your taste. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your The Spa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Hotel Saltburn-By-The-Sea
- The Spa Hotel Saltburn-By-The-Sea, North Yorkshire