My partner and I booked last minute (3am to check in that day!). We had a lovely time here. The photos and their website just don't do this place justice. We had a peaceful, restful 4 night break and were really sad to leave. Receptionist was really lovely, (I think her name was Laura) and all staff were very friendly. Nice pool, sauna and steam room (first hour and last hour of the day are adults only), gym, restaurant and small shop which is ran by a local shop owner (lovely cakes and jams). Shop open 9-12 and 5-7 which is perfect for odd bits when you feel peckish. We stayed in an apartment, so had a fully functional kitchen (with washer/dryer) and this meant we could grab some shopping from the local Waitrose (in Holsworthy which is a 10 minute drive down one road - very easy) and cook dinner if we didn't want to go to the restaurant on-site. Clovelly and Bude Beach are 25/30 minute drive away and both are lovely days out. I'd say you'd definitely need a car to stay here, but highly recommend, even in the rain! Beware of the very friendly Peacocks that roam freely! All in all, a little gem - we plan to pop back at least once a year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As an old coaching inn from the 15th century, Woodford Bridge Country Club provided food and shelter for weary travelers, yet, while a warm welcome is still guaranteed, the standards and exclusivity of the Country Club have changed somewhat over the centuries. The thatched inn, the focal point of Woodford Bridge, still provides sustenance for guests in search of a superb meal in the friendly surroundings of the bistro. The suites and lodges, which surround the inn, are a home away from home that help to ensure you have a remarkable vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, Despegar.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Woodford Bridge Country Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Woodford Bridge Country Club Hotel Holsworthy
- Woodford Bridge Country Club Holsworthy, Devon, UK