“Best ever Steak Diane” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Best ever Steak Diane”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

We have been here on numerous occasions and the owner Helen and George are always very welcoming and they are both lovely people. The food is always excellent and of good quality. My Husband had one of the specials 'Jack Daniels chicken' which he said was excellent. I had the steak Diane (on the everyday menu). It was superb, the best steak Diane I've had in a long time. The service is good and unhurried. I would recommend the Anesi Restaurant to everyone. Well done to Helen and George.

• Visited May 2014

Ramsbottom, United Kingdom
“Excellent on all counts”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

My wife and I are regular visitors to Anesi whenever we are in Cyprus. We always try a variety of different restaurants, but constantly find ourselves drawn back to this delightful place.
Helen, George and their front of house staff take the trouble to personally welcome every visitor to their light, airy and spacious restaurant. The welcome is fulsome and genuine; faces and names are remembered, as are favourite dishes or styles of cooking.
George, who is the chef, has a light touch, producing dishes which are varied, imaginative and utterly delicious. Fish is especially well prepared here, always moist and beautifully seasoned Sauces are another speciality, but there is absolutely no weakness in George's repertoire.
Enquiries about whether the meal is being enjoyed are not superficial; Helen and George really want to know if something is not quite as it should be. They take time to listen; they want to improve that which is already quite superb; in short, they care.
We're back in Cyprus in June and are already looking forward to the next time.

• Visited April 2014
Fareham, United Kingdom
“Amazing food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

We have eaten at Anesi many times over the years and have never had a bad meal. Helen and George are exemplary hosts and will accommodate most reasonable requests. My children love it here and they are made to feel very welcome. As for the last review I cannot imagine George or Helen being rude to a customer as they pride themselves on the service they offer. I would recommend this restaurant to everyone.

• Visited February 2014
Cyprus
“Words fail me”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

Quite possibly the worst food we have ever eaten, appalling service and the chef was rude to my wife whilst I was absent but strangely more pleasant when I got back to the table.

Will never subject ourselves to such foul food again.

Grundisburgh, United Kingdom
“Excellent value for money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

We visited Anesi twice in our week's holiday because the food was so delicious and the service was so good. We were in a party of six, including one vegetarian. The staff were happy to accomodate her by creating a 'vegetarian plate' - basically a mezze of a range of their vegetarian starters. The starters themselves were delicious and generous portions. One of the other members of the group had the steak - delivered on a huge plate and cooked to perfection. My husband and I opted for the fish mezze - 11 different dishes were delivered over the course of the evening - all beautifully cooked and tasting delicious. On our second visit, the owner came to shake our hands as we arrived, which made us feel more than welcome. I'm not sure the dishes lived up to the high standard of the first night but all were still very good. The portion sizes are huge and the garlic bread starter is gorgeous! well worth a visit.

• Visited October 2013