We stayed here the last week of June and couldn't have been more pleased with
our hotel choice. The hotel is beautiful, very clean and with excellent facilities. It is
more than anything a great family resort, but I think everyone who appreciates the peacefull
nature of the hotel would have a good time there. We would definitely recommend Porto Galini
and would stay there again without hesitation if we were to visit Lefkas in the future. Here is our more detailed review:
- Kids club. I have to mention this first as it was the highlight of our trip to
our 3yo daughter. The kids club facilities and staff are fantastic, there is
so much to do inside and outside, and its very clean. We haven't needed kids club
facilities before on our trips, but this one set the bar very, very high for the ones
to follow. A special thanks especially to Hara, for making our stay so wonderfull.
- Housekeeping. Our suite was kept very clean as was the rest of the resort. There was
a sofa bed made up for our daughter in the living room but when they noticed that she had slept with us in the bedroom (huge bed), they had made the bed following day so that there was no gap in middle anymore as the the bed is actually two single beds pushed together. Points to them for noticing and taking care of this issue even without asking.
- Rooms/Suites. We had booked a standard double room, but received a suite. Can't complain
about that! ;) The suite was very nice and had everything you could need. There were
two outside sitting areas as there was a veranda at the front and also a huge balcony
with access from the bedroom and living room. It was very convenient that the balconies
have clothes horses so you can hang your wet swimsuits and towels neatly to dry. Good
air-conditioning and tv had both Greek and English tv channels. Reasonably priced minibar.
Towels were probably the thickest and fluffiest we've ever had in a hotel.
- Pools. Good variety of pools as there are two deeper, bigger pools and 3 kids pools of which
one even has a shade over it. Life guard service at the main pool. There was always
sun loungers available, no matter what time you went. Many times we had the pool all to ourselves. There is no reserving sun loungers with a towel here, which is an annoying problem in many other places. The beach was busier, but we always found a vacant sun lounger there as well. The sea water is crystal clear but there is not really anything to see for snorkelers. A smiling pool bar waiter visited the pool and beach area frequently.
- Breakfast. A great variety of food at the breakfast. There were so many things on offer that
if someone complains that the breakfast was repetitive, they can only blame themselves for eating the same thing every time. Coffee and tea were served at your table and they always came by later to check if you'd like more.
- Location. The hotel and location are very peacefull, but you can easily reach Nidri and Lefkada if you want more options. The local bus stops in front of the hotel. Going to Lefkada, the bus stop is the green hut left from the hotel gate after the parking spaces. Going to Nidri, the bus stop is at the phone booth other side of the road. Bus fare is 1,6e per person and there was no extra charge for a pushchair which are placed in the buses luggage compartment. There is a conductor in the buses who collects payments.
- Hotel Mini Market. The hotel has a small Mini Market, which is very reasonably priced so there is no need to go to Nidri for basics such as water, soft drinks and snacks. For a small shop, there is also a surprisingly good and also reasonably priced selection of beach/pool toys, water shoes, UV protection clothing etc. And of course you can find sunscreens and bath products as well as some souvenirs there.
- Food. The hotel restaurants are all good, we tried them all. They are also not that expensive,
allthough you will get better value for your money if you go to Nidri. (And you don't even have to go to Nidri, as other reviewers have said, because there is a tavern called Keramidaki about 900m-1km from the hotel towards Nidri. Both the food and the view are excellent there.)
The not so good
- It wouldn't hurt if the staff were more smilier and friendlier. None were rude or anything, but some were quite surly looking and many of them don't greet you at breakfast or when passing by around the hotel. I am not saying that the service is bad, because it really isn't, but they would have to improve on that department to be worth 5 stars.
- Bees. This is not actually the hotels fault but there are LOTS of bees (or wasps??) around. Seems to be a problem all over the island. For the first days of our trip I had really trouble getting used to them.
- Hills. I would not recommend the hotel to anyone even with the slightest mobility or other health issues. The steep climbs in the heat are tiring and you can't avoid them even though they have golf carts. We had a pushchair and it was not convenient to reach every part of the hotel with it.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your Porto Galini Seaside Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Galini Seaside Resort And Spa
- Porto Galini Seaside Hotel Nikiana
- Porto Galini Seaside Resort & Spa Lefkada, Ionian Islands - Nikiana