“A Fabulous Retreat...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Zakspitaki B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Loggos
Zakspitaki B&B
You added Zakspitaki B&B to your Saves list
Kangatika | Between Loggos and Fontana,, Loggos, Greece   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Loggos B&B and Inns
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“A Fabulous Retreat...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

I stayed with Helen and Nick in May this year and it was fantastic. Zakspitaki is a wonderful place, very tranqil, a great place to unwind and of course Helen and Nick are the best hosts I've ever known. The hill was a good replacement for my gym sessions on this occassion, however, I would definately hire a car if I visited during higher temperatures.

I will definately visit again, and again, and again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Plymouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2011

Have just returned from a week's stay at Zakspitaki. We've never written a review for TripAdvisor before but feel compelled to do so now.
Helen and Nick are absolute stars. Nothing is too much trouble and they made us feel right at home from the very outset.
We stayed in the Zanzibar room which is truly stunning. Helen's breakfasts are to die for, each day different but all equally delicious......and in such a relaxing setting!
We will definitely be coming back!
As an added bonus, the local family run taverna, Pratigos, is just around the corner. Excellent traditional home made Greek food, very reasonably priced with a friendly atmosphere and excellent service.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Hertfordshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2011

The most relaxing holiday, I wholeheartedly agree with the other reviews regarding the lovely breakfasts and the very charming hosts Helen and Nick. We arrived before the flying dolphin started its daily service so Helen very kindly booked us on the Taxi boat, sharing with 6 other tourists and some local people.Walking around Paxos in May we felt we had the island to ourselves and what a beautiful island, Helen was always on hand to help us plan our routes. We walked to Loggos to eat most evenings but always paid the 5euro for the taxi back up, but if you don't want to walk in the evening a very nice taverna has opened 5 minutes level walk just down the road. We will return.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Kent UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2010

I've lost count of the number of years I have been visiting Nick and Helen in their beautiful home. Over the years I have seen the place develop with additional accomodation and some special little touches that have have only improved the feeling of calm and tranquility that appear to be their trademark.

With such inspiring surroundings and such genial hosts, I honestly cannot thnk of a better place to unwind and forget the pressures of everyday life. Go there, this place is definately and continuing gem!

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2010

Everything good that you read here is true, Nick and Helen are perfect hosts, on the first night I was made to feel welcome by joining in the dinner they were cooking, bottles of wine uncorked, and laughter rolled out easily. These people both have a charm and warmth that is rare in the hospitality world, willing to go the extra mile or inch depending on what your situation, they were an invaluable help throughout my stay on Paxos. The rooms themselves, (I stayed in Zanzibar room, stylishly decorated with authentic antiques from Africa) are amazing, and you will not find a better room to stay in on Paxos (I should know I stayed for six weeks and had a very good look around!). I have nothing but positive things to stay about every aspect of their hospitality and I hesitate to say more lest everyone expect these generous hosts to do so much for them as they did for me, washing, arranging alternative accommodation (for the weeks I wasn’t staying with them), car hire, long conversations, and just generally being around if anything was needed. How they do it all I don’t know, but they do it, and you will feel welcome and glad you made this choice from the time you arrive until the time you leave. Beautiful garden, beautiful house, beautiful decoration, it might sound banal, but yes beautiful people!

One word of warning, Helen doesn’t stop feeding you cakes which she bakes and forces upon you relentlessly day and night! But then the hill up from Loggos compensates for this – don’t worry you will be glad to burn it all off!

Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2010

The B&B in Kangatika, Paxos, is run by a wonderful couple who have set up a retreat in th hills, that can only be described as a perfect B&B experience.

On a basic level, the essentials are all there: Friendly warm welcome, clean comfortable self contained rooms, lovely breakfasts and a gorgeous view of the sea from a beautifully kept terrace in their lovely garden.

Beyond that though, the rooms are beautifully decorated, with real care and love for the house. If it's clean modern lines and white tiles you're after then this isn't the place for you. Its a colourful delight with beautiful woodwork and fabrics from Africa, bringing a taste of the exotic and a luxurious feel to their Stone House in Greece. The value for money is extraordinary, with surroundings that could be found in a boutique hotel suite for 4x the price.
The couple who run the B&B are superb. If you want an escape holiday you can be completely private and shut off from the world. If you want to chat and learn about the Island they are so friendly they will chat away and give you loads of tips on what to do around the place.

It's a bit of a walk down (and then regretfully back up) a bit of a hill to get to Loggos. The cab ride isn't expensive though if you're not up for the hike. This is probably the only negative thing I would say about the location.

Its been a couple of months since we were there, but I still miss it- I would go back in a second- particularly if I could transport their gorgeous little getaway to any location in the world and stay there all the time.

Voorburg, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2010

We (my boyfriend and I - 35 and 29 yrs) booked this trip to Paxos without knowing much about the Island and the accommodation but were oh so pleasantly surprised once we got there. We stayed in the out house which is new, spacious and so tastefully decorated. The location is perfect, the views are amazing and the breakfast to die for (fresh and homemade). Helen and Nick are such nice and warm people who make you feel comfortable as soon as you meet them. They picked us up and drove us to the port and additionally drove us to some of the starting points of our walks. It was truly an unforgettable experience. Paxos and Zakspitaki B & B are both magical. The one wouldn't be the same without the other.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Zakspitaki B&B? Share your experiences!