“A little piece of heaven” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Cattleya
4.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Kokkari Samos, Kokkari 83100, Greece   |
Ranked #1 of 22 Kokkari B&B and Inns
Johannesburg, South Africa
“A little piece of heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

I was fortunate to spend 2 glorious weeks in this little Boutique Hotel situated in Kokkarii on the Island of Samos. The Hotel was spotless and tasteful. The hostess Renee Caretsou(she speaks English and Greek) was the epitome of efficiency and good service. Nothing was too much trouble. She was most informative about the island facilities, creative in her presentation of Breakfasts(delicious), and every room was most beautifully made up with great attention to detail. Every room has a sea facing view of 180 degrees looking across to Turkey(easy and quick access by ferry from Samos town to Kusadasi and Ephesus ) with a balcony which overlooks this most beautiful turquoise blue sea. The beach and numerous restaurants are a three minute walk. The hotel also boasts a patio where breakfast is served overlooking the superb view I have mentioned. The island is easily reached from Athens by a 45 minute flight across the Aegean sea!!!! I came home feeling that I had experienced a little bit of heaven - thank you Renee. This visit restored my soul - something I was in need of!!

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent - they all have sea views. All rooms have wireless access. The reception l...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Turkish first
Sevenoaks, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Hotel Cattleya for a week in June 2012.A small luxury hotel situated in an idyllic place overlooking Kokkari bay with fantastic views and immaculate personal taste and hospitality. Definitely worth staying at this hotel . Renee is the perfect host making you feel at home but pampered. Highly recommended

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Istanbul, Turkey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

It was my birthday and we decided to stay in Renee's hotel and it was the best decision we had made! The hotel is great, very clean, have a very nice view, breakfast is very delicious. The rooms are extremely clean and you even hesitate to use the shining white towels and don't want to ruin the perfect look and smell of the room! Renee is a very nice host, she met us in the center of Kokkari and took us to her place even though it is very easy to find. She serves breakfast with fresh fruit, bread, jam and all are fresh and delicious. You feel special and Renee helps you a lot to plan your stay and visit in Samos. Definetely recommended. The hotel owner Renee is a perfect host, thanks so much for the birthday cake Renee!

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

My experience at Hotel Cattleya was one of absolute delight! Renee, the owner of the hotel was warm and welcoming and immediately informed me of all the hotspots to visit in Kokkari, Vathy and Pethagoria. Her knowledge of the island is suburb, she's well informed of the tours and travel routes. The hotel is situated near a beautiful bay which was ideal as I could take a swim regularly during the day. The rooms are beautifully decorated, so inviting and the views are breathtaking! The tucked away beaches are just stunning and are very close by. I had a beautiful time!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

My sister and I took a trip to the Greek island of Samos and stayed at the most beautiful, intimate little Hotel Cattleya , nestled on the hill in the town of Kokkari. What a wonderful experience!- Superb hospitality & immaculately decorated rooms, all with a breathtaking view of the town and stunning bay. The Hotel is a stonesthrow from the beach and a short walk into the village where one is spoilt for choice with restaurants all on the sea front. Our hostess, Rene, was extremely welcoming and friendly and provided us with all the information we needed to make the most of our stay on the island. We looked forward to a delicious daily breakfast, always superbly presented in the lovely dining area. From one of the nearby towns it is a short ferry trip to the port of Kusadasi in Turkey where we shopped till we dropped! We had a truly "Greek Island" experience and I would highly recommend this hotel and island to anyone planning a trip to the Greek Islands. I hope to be able to return sometime in the near future.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

My mother and I had the absolute pleasure of staying at beautiful Hotel Cattleya for 4 blissful nights of relaxation on Samos Island in Kokkari town.

Renee was the perfect host, so welcoming and helpful. She provided us with all the information we required about the best things to do and see on the island whilst making sure we were always comfortable while staying in her hotel.

She pays attention to the smallest details, preparing a top class breakfast every morning, using the finest linen for the bedding and stunning decor in the rooms and hotel foyer.

Cattleya is in the best location, close to all the action but in a quiet side street amongst the locals where it's private and quiet.

The hotel is always presented immaculately, with the rooms being spotless and clean. Our room overlooked the turquoise waters of Samos, with a view of Turkey in the distance. Truly breathtaking.

My mother and I had a wonderfully memorable experience in Kokkari thanks to Renee and this unique boutique hotel.

We will definitely be telling all of our friends and can't wait to stay again.

Best wishes

Sarah

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Cattleya? Share your experiences!