“Possibly the nicest hotel owners in the world!” 5 of 5 stars

You added Mironi Hotel to your Saves list
Mironi Hotel
Thassos Town (Limenas) 64004, Greece   |
Cambridge, Massachusetts
“Possibly the nicest hotel owners in the world!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

This was probably the nicest hotel experience I have ever had. The hotel is simple and clean and in terms of facilities I had nothing to complain about - it was extremely good value for money. The best thing about Hotel Mironi, however, was the hotel owner and his fiancee, who were untiringly helpful and generous. In my case this was especially relevant: I arrived with a friend in late May, thinking that I'd booked a room for three nights, only to discover that my reservation was for late June. Despite my high levels of disorganization, Yiannis and Eleni gave us a room for the duration of our stay which was in fact far larger than the one we had reserved - and didn't charge us any extra for it. This apart, they were both extremely lovely and helpful throughout our stay, giving us excellent advise on where to go on the island and how to get around, letting us use printers for boarding passes etc, and generally answering any questions we had. They made Thasos a warm and welcoming place to visit, and I would recommend their hospitality to any travellers to the island.

Internet was advertised as being only available in the lobby, but I actually had a good enough connection to skype from my room - no idea whether this is the case for all rooms.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends

Families
Solo
Business
  • Greek first
Belgrade
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2007

I just got back from Thassos and had a wonderful time! The Hotel Mironi is a wonderful little family run hotel - and under new ownership. Giannis, one of the owners, is extremely friendly and helpful, and speaks English quite well. The entire family is proud of their new establishment (purchased in May), and are turning this place around! Well-placed in the center of Thassos town, it's convenient for evenings out. I highly recommend renting a car, however, in order to see some of the amazing sites of the island, incl. the fantastic beaches and the picturesque villages!!

• Liked — Friendly staff
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
romania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2007

Hello

It seems fair for everybody first of all to update the reviews about this hotel and second to make it right to the actual owners, The Batsios family: I just got back from Thassos where I spent 10 days with my girlfriend, her sister and her brother in law. We went there on a "last minute deal" and we took it even if, when I read the existing reviews about Mironis Hotel I was quite frightened about what was expecting us there. And the surprise was very nice: the hotel is under new management / ownership, it is very clean, has all the amenities according to the rating and, the most important thing, the owners are very, very, nice people: always smiling, always ready to please you and ready to help you with everything you might need! Seriously, if you need a nice, clean, quiet and affordable place to stay, where to be surrounded by nice people who will make you remember your holiday with pleasure, then choose Hotel Mironis! WE LOVED IT!

Eduard, Romania

• Liked — owners'attitude
  • Disliked — everything was great!
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Mironi Hotel? Share your experiences!